6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

PCM Relay? Truck won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 08:58 AM
projectnitemare
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Tough to say, the hanging harness could be done intentionally, forgot to put it back on, or the plastic pin just won't hold it there anymore. The easy way for you to figure if you have a bad tire sensor is to program them yourself. If you can't get any to relearn you have a problem somewhere besides a tire sensor. If you have a single tire that won't relearn you found the bad sensor. I'm like you I have looked at other brands too but they all have problems

Old 08-30-2015, 09:09 AM
projectnitemare
Laughing Gas
Here's the tire relearn procedure.

http://www.thetpmsforum.com/showthread.php?1804-Ford-F250-F350-Super-Duty-(2011-2012)-TPMS-Reset-Procedure

I'm not 100% if you let air out or use the "tool" on these. I haven't tired on the truck yet. If it doesn't work by letting air out the tool is a magnet. The one I normally use is one from an old transmission pan.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:44 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
<p>Besides the obvious connector on the parking brake assembly, has anyone checked anything else? Where is the PCM in relation to the parking brake? Checked the grounds around there?</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Old 08-30-2015, 12:06 PM
Goza
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer, as well as the dealers for at least 3 others on this forum that I know of, has looked for the solution to this problem but all have failed. The overall answer being given by the dealers is that they can not replicate the problem and therefore they cannot solve the problem. The MAIN clue to all the instances for the 4 people on this forum has been when the truck stops and won't restart,,,,,if you release the parking brake, the truck will restart. Also, if you just let the truck sit, it may randomly start. Example, one time when my truck stopped, I tried 4 times separated by 30 minutes each time. It started 2 out of the four times while just sitting in the driveway. However, after it wouldn't start the last time, I set the parking brake, it still wouldn't start, I release the brake and it started. That is the common clue from all four of us. One massaged the connector and it restarted for him. The PCM relay is inside the engine compartment while this connector is under the dash.

I would have expected a company the size of Ford would have some kind of communication between dealers so they can learn from each other about this kind of problem.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i wouldn't know where to start looking at grounds. I've been riding the coat tails of those more knowledgable that I.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:15 PM
Goza
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bandguy, projectnitemare:

I posted our problems over to another thread
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...-problems.html

I think it needs to be in both places, but with the other being titled, "common problems", I think our problem should be there as well. Hopefully others will become aware of the problem when they start having similar symptoms.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:19 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
<p>My point was, when you release the parking brake, it does transmit a lot of energy into the surrounding area, not just the bracket itself.</p><p>As for dealers communicating, I think they need to relay the information up the chain to regional service. You could try calling the 1-800 customer service number and see if you can get any results that way.</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Old 08-30-2015, 01:20 PM
rvpuller
Received 430 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Krewat
<p>Besides the obvious connector on the parking brake assembly, has anyone checked anything else? Where is the PCM in relation to the parking brake? Checked the grounds around there?</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>
The PCM is under the hood on the right side.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:46 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
Originally Posted by Goza
Bandguy, projectnitemare:

I posted our problems over to another thread
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...-problems.html

I think it needs to be in both places, but with the other being titled, "common problems", I think our problem should be there as well. Hopefully others will become aware of the problem when they start having similar symptoms.
Outstanding idea.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:26 PM
rvpuller

Does anyone know it the 6.7 uses the same connector in the same place.

Denny

Old 08-30-2015, 02:44 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
I think someone in one of the related threads has a diesel. It is easy to see the connector.

Bandguy

Old 08-31-2015, 06:57 PM
Hedgehog1
Mountain Pass
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
I have been doing mobile electronics for over 30 years. This concerns me because I have a 2016 on order. If I was having this problem, I would probably try pulling one wire at a time from each side of the connector while the truck is running.dont try to forcefully pull the pin out of the connector, just do it enough to see if you get a reaction from the instrument cluster.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:16 PM
rvpuller

Originally Posted by Hedgehog1
I have been doing mobile electronics for over 30 years. This concerns me because I have a 2016 on order. If I was having this problem, I would probably try pulling one wire at a time from each side of the connector while the truck is running.dont try to forcefully pull the pin out of the connector, just do it enough to see if you get a reaction from the instrument cluster.
I don't think it's a fleet wide problem or you would see dead SD sitting along side the road everywhere.

If it is a wiring connector or the harness itself I'm guessing its a problem with a few not all of them.

I pull trailers with mine and use the emergency brake all the time without any problems.

Denny

Old 08-31-2015, 07:58 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
I wish it was a fleet-wide issue: then Ford would have to devote some resources towards finding and resolving the problem. Right now individual dealers think the issue is one-off and they are not getting answers from Ford

Old 09-01-2015, 04:49 AM
projectnitemare
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Hedgehog1
I did try that to try to figure out exactly which wire was the problem. My only issue was once I disconnected and reconnected the harness I can't get it to act up at all other than disconnecting the harness. When I see the neighbor I will look at his truck being it's identical to mine other than a diesel

Quick Reply: PCM Relay? Truck won't start