Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Ford Plan Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 05:44 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
X-Plan allows dealers to charge up to $100 in doc fees. In Illinois the state law allows dealers to charge up 168.43, so X-Plan saves you 68.43 right off the top. This is pure profit for the dealership, tell them right up front you will not pay it.

Did a quick Google search and found this.
https://www.veteransadvantage.com/va...x-plan-savings

Here is where I go. This requires you to have a partner code from your employer or organization.
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do

Old 08-17-2015, 11:56 AM
AngeloCosma
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again for all the reply's guys! Many questions answered here, so from what I have gathered it seems like I will only be able to get the X-Plan or go with Costco. I do not have the hook ups that some of you guys have for the other plan options. Now is X-Plan better over Costco or vice-versa. I realize the question may be difficult to answer but maybe just a general average or past experience users can chime in. To get the X-Plan I would have to go through the Experimental Aircraft Assoc. and that's $60 right there. Let me know what you guys think.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:23 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
This is pure profit for the dealership
First of all, this isn't pure profit. We do have people who work in our back offices making sure the title work is handled properly and quickly, they get paid and they are worth their salaries. We have four at our dealership and they work non-stop through the day. They also make sure you get your rebates. In Pa doc fees are capped at $134, and I don't make any commission on it. I will tell you to pound sand before I "hide" it somewhere else. I will agree some places are extreme. Several hundred dollars is pretty nuts and I've see it in other states to be $600+. But you're paying for it somewhere it it does have a real cost, sure there is going to be some profit to it. We are going to make something somewhere, it's called a capitalist economy, and most of us in the industry work pretty hard and long hours for our paycheck. I don't blame anyone for wanting a good deal, but to act like profit is bad or evil is ignorant.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I will say, the plans do have pretty well protecting rules about excess fees. We don't really do the extra BS that some places do so I never looked into it, but it does protect from "prep fees" and "trade fees" and does cap the $100 doc fees (with ford picking up in the difference in states that require all folks to be treated "equally" aka, everyone pays the full doc fee regardless of how high it is. If you live in Maryland or Virginia (and I'm sure several others), the X plan would do a nice job clearing the smoke and mirrors.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:58 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Frantz
First of all, this isn't pure profit. We do have people who work in our back offices making sure the title work is handled properly and quickly, they get paid and they are worth their salaries. We have four at our dealership and they work non-stop through the day. They also make sure you get your rebates. In Pa doc fees are capped at $134, and I don't make any commission on it. I will tell you to pound sand before I "hide" it somewhere else. I will agree some places are extreme. Several hundred dollars is pretty nuts and I've see it in other states to be $600+. But you're paying for it somewhere it it does have a real cost, sure there is going to be some profit to it. We are going to make something somewhere, it's called a capitalist economy, and most of us in the industry work pretty hard and long hours for our paycheck. I don't blame anyone for wanting a good deal, but to act like profit is bad or evil is ignorant.
I don't have a complete issue with the doc fee per se, but here in Va, some dealers are charging as much as $600 per vehicle. Does it cost $600 per car to perform all the admin duties needed to get it ready to sell? I think not sir. My only concern with using COSTCO would be that there is no protection from that predatory fee that makes it's way onto each and every buyers order. I'll pay the fee if the law states that the dealer must charge all or none of it's buyers, but, they WILL deduct at least 50% of it elsewhere or I walk. See, I'm not a complete *****, I understand that it costs money to sell cars.