August B.S.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 05:40 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zookie400
good evening ford people of CT.

today i saw a MINT condition early 90's bronco getting detailed next to our jobsite. makes me miss my 85. i am trying to convince the girl that we NEED a 66-77 bronco
You need one for sure!

Old 08-07-2015, 05:44 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Good morning everyone.

Tracking down a coil fault in the Lincoln, think it has a bad PCM. Intermittent misfire that occurs almost always on a cold start. Ruled out the coil, so the only remaining suspects are the wiring and PCM. Hope to have that resolved this weekend.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:42 AM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ford Bronco Restoration 1966-1977 BroncoS For Sale Same guys that made the 4 door early bronco for SEMA.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:39 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Afternoon guys, hope everyone's weekend is going well.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:02 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Good afternoon gents. I had a pretty productive day. I managed to do some cleanup on the truck. Took the gauge cluster apart and cleaned it up, and did some interior detailing. Then washed the outside. Certainly not a show stopper, but it cleans up pretty well. Paint still shines on the vast majority of the truck, despite plenty of scratches. This evening I put together a backboard for my dart board that will suspend from the floor joists in the basement. The walls are all concrete, and with not owning the house I didn't want to be drilling into that. Painted it with chalkboard paint. We'll see how it turns out.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:49 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Josiah, are you gonna get a new bumper for it?

Old 08-09-2015, 12:37 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Afternoon guys, it's a great day outside! I went for a mountain bike ride, had stopped along the trail to get my GoPro out of my camel back and as I am sitting there, I hear something off in the woods, look over and see this thing leaping and bouding over rocks and branches and at first I thought it was a dog but there aren't any trails over in that directions and as it came closer it looked more like a big cat and then a little bit closer I realized it was a big fisher cat! I've never actually seen one in person before. He got a little closer to me then saw me and stopped and jumped onto a tree trunk and climbed up then ran down and disappeared.

So I set my camera up to record the bike going over a few rock drops, hit em and then went back up to get my camera and he was leaping around all over the place again, he was a lot closer to me this time and once he saw me he stopped again, no more than 25' from me this time, then took two steps towards me before and at that point I made a bit of noise and then ran a few steps toward him and he took off running, and I chased it away a bit more before it was totally out of sight again.

I don't know how aggressive these things can be towards humans but hopefully that discourages him from wanting to get close to other people. Was definitely cool to see though!

Old 08-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Afternoon guys.
I got back from scout camp this morning.
We had a great time and the weather was awesome.

Kyle- watch those fisher cats, that can be "REAL" nasty !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2015, 01:10 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck
Afternoon guys.
I got back from scout camp this morning.
We had a great time and the weather was awesome.

Kyle- watch those fisher cats, that can be "REAL" nasty !!!!!!!!!!!!
Andy, I frequent these trails to ride and I've definitely heard things rustling quite loudly around there that have made me stop riding before and listen for a minute in the area where I saw him. At least I know whats out there now! I always have a decent sized folding knife on me when I ride, when I was walking back up the trail to grab my GoPro I had it out just in case.

They're bigger than I thought they were. My sister has a Maine coon mix cat and this thing was longer than he is by a bit, I'd guess he was a little over three feet long, and from what wikipedia says, the males are usually 35-47" in length so seems like he was an average size.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am always worried about my chickens with them around.
They will shred things just for the fun of it and leave the pieces behind.
They are also the fastest mammal in a tree.
I would start carrying a small club or even a bear spray to be on the safe side if you know that they are around a lot.
They are just nasty !!!!!

Old 08-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Very interesting, I've never heard of such a beast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_(animal)

Old 08-09-2015, 09:39 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Yeah, they are a real nasty creature. They are often pretty bold as well.

Kyle, I do plan to replace that bumper at some point. Far too many things to fix before I get to that though.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:40 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Morning all.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Fisher cat, a folding knife is a false security. Stay away from them, especially a full grown one. One nasty beast, extremely fast, and will come at you like a cornered animal even when it's not. We had one here in Newington and it left a lot of chewed up remains. Kept the 22 ready but as soon as I brought the 22 out it never came back. Note it was a young fisher cat.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone.

My leave form was approved, no more hurdles. Monday I sign out from Albany and head West. I'll be checking out the house, giving them a desposit, dropping off the boat, and driving back. We're trying to move in for good around the first of September.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:47 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
That is a pretty quick process, eh, Tom? Good luck to you on everything.

Last time I was down to my grandparents' in PA for turkey hunting, my uncle was telling me to make sure that I had my eyes open at all times as he had a fisher cat charge him while he was bow hunting and didn't have anything on him as backup. He managed to scare it off, but he said it didn't get too far out of sight and watched him, then followed him back down the mountain a ways. He hasn't gone up again without a sidearm handy. He also hasn't seen anything of it for a while.

Quick Reply: August B.S.