Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada August BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 09:52 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Friday! Making a list of missing parts, Monday I"m headed to the U-pull-it yard. Mainly missing some little stuff, to finish the dash.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Be careful out there Pat. Don't want the mess up the new upgrades.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
TGIF Nevada FTE! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jim

Old 08-07-2015, 04:17 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning guys. Wait, I guess it's afternoon.
Sorry, this is the 1st chance I've had all day to get online. I've been in bed sick since 2pm yesterday. Whatever this sinus stuff is...you don't want it! Not to mention having an eye migraine on top of that! I'm praying that my eye doctor will prescribe something to help with the light sensitivity & pressure.
Jimmy's been sick for a week with a sinus infection & dual ear infections. He went to urgent care yesterday & was told there's nothing they can do for the sinus infection part & he just has to tough it out. They suggested Flonase & gave him a prescription for his ears, but no ear drops for the pain. How stupid is that? I hope that I have something totally different than Jimmy & I pray that the kids don't get it either.
Well, more Theraflu & back to bed for me.
Have a good Friday & a great weekend

Old 08-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi Gang!

I had hoped to go up to Reno for Hot August Nights but it rained. I'm thinking all the cars will move to parking garages etc. Maybe tomorrow.

Donna, so sorry you are sick. Such a drag, I hope you are well soon. And Jimmy too!! Sounds like he is bad off! I been there, just got antibiotics and ibuprofen but it still lasted a long time. Give Jimmy best wishes from me, OK?

Anybody else planning to go to Hot August Nights? I might go to the auction at the convention center. It is a great car show and it's out of the rain and air conditioned too.
Thing about HAN is that you just can't take it all in.

Everyone have a great weekend !

Old 08-07-2015, 11:54 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Evening Gang. Done with a crazy two weeks get a few days break then we are moving out of Hawthorne to Tonopah. Will get busy with our place in Goldfield.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:01 AM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Good morning!

Craig you two are quite the gadabouts! No moss growing on your shoes.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Donna, hope you and Jimmy can get over whatever it is you have. being sick is no fun.

Jim

Old 08-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Afternoon everyone. I hope you all have a great day.

The brake work has begun. Replacing everything except 1 drum. All new shoes, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, axle seals, and brake hoses going in. The humidity is up a bit today and I am no longer accustomed to it, so when we went for a couple unforeseen bits, the motivation waned.
The wife works from home now so my truck no longer has the urgency to be drivable. This allows me to be a bit lazy and stay out of the heat when I choose. I will finish it up over the next couple evenings and mornings, but staying inside during the midday heat.

The fronts are assembled and ready for drums, adjusting, and bleeding. The rear has one side complete with axle back in waiting for drum, adjustment, and bleeding. The other side is what we went for parts on, so it is still apart. Drums are getting a fresh coat of high temp flat black rattle can appearance modifier. The old ones were red but since I will be doing the truck in black I felt it fitting. Plus, this will make the rims stand out more without the drums screaming "Look at me".

Thanks go out to Jeff, our resident The King II, for the wheel cylinders and cool shirts he sent. Also to my friend Dave who came over to help. It's always better wrenching with a friend.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:59 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Hi guys,

Ive pretty much been in bed since 2 pm Thursday except for bathroom & what food I can choke down. Jimmy took me to Urgent Care today & I have a sinus infection, sore throat, & duel ear infections. My fever has yet to break & ofcourse having chills & body ache doesn't help matters. It sucks, because I'm hot but my feet are like ice...typical woman huh? Lol
I just pray Karl & Kaedon dont get sick, because they're flying out of town for a week on Thursday.
I sure wish I felt better so I could meet up with a few of you at Hot August Nights. Oh well, maybe Street Vibrations?

Old 08-08-2015, 08:43 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Get well soon Donna.

Greg, sounds like a lot of work, I don't blame you for taking your time, and doing it when there is less heat. Especially when the urgency to get her running is not there now. That is so cool your wife works from home now.

Jim

Old 08-09-2015, 02:04 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get well Donna.

Yea, Wally we sure have been. This was all because of wife's job & her doctor. She has fought an autoimmune disorder for years. After dozens of doctors & every treatment you can think of, three years ago we found a Harvard Research Doctor with a practice in Arizona. He has almost cured her. He has worked with other Research Doctors in Europe & other Research Doctors in the United States. Her disorder is very rare, & her condition was the worst any of the doctors have ever seen. So A lot of out of the box medicine has been used to cure her.
Not to mention she fell in Feb & shattered her ankle in 10 pieces, then a blood clot, from a hemotoma. Thank God for one of the Trama Surgeons from Reno Orthopedic. The last 7 months have been a horrible emotional roller coaster for me. Six hospital stays one for a month. I have put 27,000 miles on our Crown Vic since Feb.

So I pray for a smoother remainder of the year. She has returned to work after 4 months of leave without pay. Since she used up all her paid leave.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:21 AM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Good Mornin!

Craig your wife certainly has had a plate full of bad luck! I wish the two of you better luck and health in the future!
Donna Hopefully you and Jimmy heal up and the Kids stay healthy while enjoying their trip.
Greg sounds like you are getting some serious work done on your flair side, gotta keep it safe for the Minion!

Old 08-09-2015, 10:00 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Morning guys,

Sunday blessings to all.

Thanks for the get well wishes.
I think my fever finally broke lastnight, so hopefully now the meds can really start to work!
Thank God for Zithromax, Sudafed, & ear drops.

I hope you've had a good weekend & for those that made it to Reno for Hot August Nights....
I'm jealous!

Old 08-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Sunday Nevada FTE and friends. Hope everyone had a blessed day.

Craig, I hope your wife can finally get cured of that pesky disorder. I am sure you do too.

Jim

Quick Reply: Nevada August BS Thread