August chat and general BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 12:39 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
And I have to work....life isn't fair.
Never said life was fair! Gonna head for the sandbar and get about neckdeep in the water again today. ;-)

Old 08-09-2015, 03:01 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you sure he didn't tweak his back working on that boat anchor motor?
You must have him confused with somebody else. He doesn't have a 6.0

Saw him last night. He finally took (ahem) somebody's advice and saw a chiropractor. Doing much better after a few sessions with the bone crusher.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:17 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
So, does that mean when you try to walk...if you don't put some rudder into it....your making a clockwise or counter-clockwise turn? Glad to hear the first round has improved everything.(
LOL--kinda sorta......like a kid with a foot nailed down to keep them out of the street. I'm already out of the walker and on the cane. If the doc would allow I'd be driving. The wife is giving me the "YOU AIN"T SUPPOSED TO BE DOING THAT YET" speel, but I just can't sit still all day. I don't see the doc for another week so I'm relegated to watching hummingbirds and daytime TV (oh joy). Thank GOD the presidential election isn't in full swing or I'd be suffering through **** bashing commercials every other minute.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:46 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Wow! What a difference a week makes! Sitting on the deck this AM enjoying upper 60s is so much more enjoyable than the triple digits last weekend.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:59 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
You must have him confused with somebody else. He doesn't have a 6.0
I've never seen a 6.0L smoke like that boat anchor of is....even with two cracked injectors.
Saw him last night. He finally took (ahem) somebody's advice and saw a chiropractor.
Poor guy has two wives now?
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
If the doc would allow I'd be driving. The wife is giving me the "YOU AIN"T SUPPOSED TO BE DOING THAT YET" speel, but I just can't sit still all day. I don't see the doc for another week so I'm relegated to watching hummingbirds and daytime TV (oh joy). Thank GOD the presidential election isn't in full swing or I'd be suffering through **** bashing commercials every other minute.
I was in a very similar situation last fall (a little abdominal "modifications") that I was restricted to the house for several weeks. The only saving grace I had was a willing and to the point of bugging me teenager was the only way I could get out of the house. There is just something disturbing about a 14 year old guiding a PSD down the road.

Just think of how bad it would be if you didn't have internet. That would be a crime against humanity right there.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:22 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
I was in a very similar situation last fall (a little abdominal "modifications") that I was restricted to the house for several weeks. The only saving grace I had was a willing and to the point of bugging me teenager was the only way I could get out of the house. There is just something disturbing about a 14 year old guiding a PSD down the road.

Just think of how bad it would be if you didn't have internet. That would be a crime against humanity right there.
I got brave and drove myself to Jsac's for smokes. Bad move. I should have remembered that lap belts are NOT hip surgery friendly. I did discover that getting in and out of my daughter's Focus is a LOT easier than the SD.

TV is so bad I'm ready for some good mud slinging presidential ads already.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:37 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
I've never seen a 6.0L smoke like that boat anchor of is....even with two cracked injectors.
It's interesting that you've seen it first hand. They don't smoke out the front........ which means you were looking at tailpipes.

Blue smoke bad, black smoke goooooooooood.

Poor guy has two wives now?
I'm not privy to that information, and I don't believe I would share it if I was.

All I know is that I've been telling him he needs a chiropractor since 2006.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted for your amusement:

Old 08-16-2015, 11:10 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Old_Crow

Looking good there Wally!

Old 08-16-2015, 05:54 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's interesting that you've seen it first hand. They don't smoke out the front........ which means you were looking at tailpipes.

When the breeze is blowing exhaust around you don't have to bee looking at the tailpipes...think it was all the hot air at a FTE dysfunction in Violona in 2012. Besides, I'd rather see no exhaust...that way I know I'm not wasting fuel....even if it's down to 2.09 up here in Okie land. And I have seen a couple of trucks let the "factory smoke" out the front end. They needed more than rubbing compound afterwards.
I'm not privy to that information, and I don't believe I would share it if I was.

All I know is that I've been telling him he needs a chiropractor since 2006.
You make it sound like he's got two wives since you were "suggesting" over a period of time that he should visit a chiropractor.
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Good looking truck there Wally, don't guess you happen to have some before photos? I still say you need to talk to Nolan about a roll back on a Ford C750 chassis. Your wife just doesn't realize how great it would be to have an old Ford firetruck for a company rig.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:58 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
I assume you mean before shots of the '54, as my truck hasn't changed appearance in 12 years. Here's a frame shot:

Picture that roller frame, a cab on a stand missing rear corners, and a pickup load full of doors(unusable), fenders(2 sets)and unusable bed and grille pieces. That pretty much gives you the picture.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:56 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru

I literally spit out my lunch yesterday as I read this...

Old 08-18-2015, 08:12 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Picked up a new to me toy yesterday. My neighbor got tired of fooling with it and let it go underwater during the floods. Took me all of 30 minutes to get it running, still have to get the idle jets unstopped in the carb, but I think this might be a welcome addition to my river bottom stable.

Oh yeah! Best part of all, it was free! :-)

Old 08-22-2015, 08:04 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Not complaining about the cooler weather, but really didn't want to see the rain. My yards had finally dried up and the grass quit growing. :-)
Had planned to start pulling injectors out of the black F350 this morning, gonna try them in the F250 to see if I can get it running better. Oh well, guess I'll just sit here in the hot tub and watch it rain. ;-)

Old 08-22-2015, 10:39 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
even if it's down to 2.09 up here in Okie land.
Nice!

Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Picked up a new to me toy yesterday.
I've never seen a single seat mule (the kawasaki type anyway). They are fun. We use them as runabouts at work.

Quick Reply: August chat and general BS thread