2015 Ford & Mercury Truck Nationals - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Ontario Chapter

Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

2015 Ford & Mercury Truck Nationals

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2015, 12:02 PM
Freshman User

86F250HDSO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
2015 Ford & Mercury Truck Nationals

21st Annual Ford & Mercury Truck Nationals

August 15th & 16th, 2015
ARTHUR FAIRGROUNDS
158 Domville Street, Arthur, ON CANADA

Hi all I hadn't seen a posting for the Nationals yet so I thought I'd put one up. I hope that I'll see some of the Ontario Chapter there again this year, and meet some new people as well.

Dave

1986 F250 XLT Lariat 6.9L IDI 2WD Super-cab Dually LB 155 WB HD Special Order
Old 08-01-2015, 08:00 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

loudfords has a great reputation on FTE.loudfords has a great reputation on FTE.loudfords has a great reputation on FTE.loudfords has a great reputation on FTE.loudfords has a great reputation on FTE.
Planning to be there on the Saturday with my dad's 51! Hope to see some of you there.

1979 F150 - Crown Vic suspension & 4.6L DOHC swap in progress
1951 F1 - working on my dad's truck and helping him drive it
Old 08-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Freshman User

86F250HDSO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hi Chad how are you doing?

I'll be there on Sunday with 3 other guys from Collingwood, we are meeting up in Shelburne and touring down together the rest of the way. We all were at the Ford F series show in Wasaga Beach today, and I'll be at Wheelsfest at the Orangeville fair grounds just outside Shelburne tomorrow. Lilli and I will be at the Orillia car show on the 15th, Lilli prefers that show over just looking at trucks.

Well I hope you'll be at the show on Sunday so we can hook up and hang out for a bit. If not let me know when you want to get together and I'll drive to a show near you.

Dave

1986 F250 XLT Lariat 6.9L IDI 2WD Super-cab Dually LB 155 WB HD Special Order
Old 08-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Posting Legend

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
I'd like to go again but I havent made plans yet, thx for the reminder
2011 Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L HEMI, WHITE TRUCK, heated steering wheel,
1996 FORD Explorer 5.0L w Arctic snow plow, 2006 Mustang vert,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 08-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Posting Guru

POPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud of
The old girl and I will be there on Sunday.... ALL day hopefully. We'll see how the legs hold up. Pops
Old 08-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Posting Legend

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Hey Jon, hows the truck coming along
Old 08-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Posting Guru

POPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud ofPOPAJON has much to be proud of
Got some more parts Ger. I am SUPPOSED to be working only one day a week. Working more now than before they hired the newest new yard guy. Now he is gone fishing for the week. Between Rona and looking after the house yard and fixing things (other than the truck) and the honey do list.... not much energy left at the end of the day. Yes I can use the extra cash but I still have to learn to say NO !!!! The old girl is done working at the end of Aug. and I WILL retire Then to. Getting too friggin old to be climbing up and down lift trucks, lumber piles and ladders. lol Will we see you in Arthur? If you see a rusty Dodge 2500 diesel with POPAJON plates I am there .
Old 08-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Posting Legend

OK I'll know your truck, thx for the info, I have no plans yet.......
take care
Old 08-13-2015, 07:21 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

loudfords has a great reputation on FTE.loudfords has a great reputation on FTE.loudfords has a great reputation on FTE.loudfords has a great reputation on FTE.loudfords has a great reputation on FTE.
Change in plans, unfortunately due to time and truck circumstances I won't be coming. Have family gatherings both days, and the truck is having problems running hot and then not being able to start that we won't have time to fix before the show. Going to be working on it later this month to figure it out, will still be taking it to some shows closer to home, but Arthur is too far at the moment. (1.5+ hour drive at 40-45 mph)

Old 08-14-2015, 07:43 AM
Posting Guru

Awwww gonna miss ya AGAIN Chad. I do believe that WE ALL should make a date for next year. Even if you just come for the day. Some of us are still able to do the travel thing and bring what you have to show. Others, like myself, are getting older and don't move around like we used to. What do you all think? I know we tried this before, with limited success BUT I do miss you guys..and would really like to get to see more of you... Pops
Old 08-24-2015, 03:58 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

So how was the show guys?

Old 08-25-2015, 09:51 AM
Posting Guru

Disappointing Chad. A few Rods and some pretty scruffy looking 73-79s some nice 55s. As we were leaving a LOT more were coming in but the judging had been almost done. So they probably missed out. As for vendors... mmmmm 12 -14 and only 2 were actually selling parts. Gonna be thinking twice about next year to. I was going to run the '77 up but now I don't know. Pops
Old 08-25-2015, 02:06 PM
Senior User

LightningRyan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Click the image to open in full size.

Pops put back the Clint Eastwood pants!

When did you leave? Gotta bring the truck next year, I'm sure it will win some prizes.

I thought it was a good show this year but maybe that is because I ran into a lot of people I know lol. There was some junk but that happens at all the shows, I went to Fords in the Park this year and there was an Acura Integra in the show WTF! There was a lot of nice trucks there. Some odd stuff you don't see anymore either. The vendors did suck! Was a bunch of people having a garage sale and no friggin Lightning parts, the nerve!

Only ran into Dave for a second than didn't see you again lol. We'll catch up sometime maybe another show soon.

Just wanted to pop my head in for a minute Pops said you guys missed me LOL!

Laughed at my sig and address lol those have got to change.
2004 Ford F-150 Lightning - Tucked away for the Winter #3573
2010 Ford F-150 FX4

Amsoil Independent Dealer
Amsoil Home Page
Old 08-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Posting Guru

LMAO Yeah... legs were starting to give out Ryan. Couldn't keep up with the Old Girl !!!! I guess I was expecting more than I should have. As I said a lot more was coming in as we were leaving. Passed 8 or 9 on the main drag. Told Peg (THE Old Girl ) Now they start coming in. You were the only one we knew, Was that Ski doo Dave you ran into? Thanks for poppin' in . It was great seeing you again. Gonna start at the "77 as soon as I finish up the Honey get-r-dun list.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:57 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

I'm slowly plugging away on my 79 but it's a few years away from being driveable yet. Spending my time right now stripping the donor car of all the drivetrain and wiring parts. The daily drivers and rough trucks are one of the appealing parts of the show, IMHO. Just get out there and drive it