Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Leaking RiffRaff Hpx crossover

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 06:49 AM
rufushusky
Fleet Mechanic
Received 383 Likes on 271 Posts

Just put the plugs back in at least for now, high pressure oil is not something you want to jury rig. HPX is a nice mod but not life or death. Manufacturing defects do happen and unfortunately you got one.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:31 AM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 411 Likes on 234 Posts
Old 07-31-2015, 09:10 AM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by SARDiverDan
If I could only rep you more You made my Friday

Old 07-31-2015, 09:26 AM
carguy3j
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SARDiverDan
Maybe this will help......
[URL="https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KIo9cBd7tVzXsA......... (BROKEN LINK ON PURPOSE)[/URL]
Seriously? You think that is in any way helpful? It's pretty douchey actually. AGAIN, I posted a simple question, asking for opinions on how to stop the leak. The original post did not mention ANY request for opinions on RiffRaff's customer service, or this "Clay" person as a human being. My first post was merely a statement of fact that product xyz was leaking, and a request for ideas on how to stop the leak. Instead, what I got was an unhelpful unsolicited PR campaign. That is what then prompted my response.

The problem is not how I was raised, as your snarky little video link tends to imply. The problem, initially, was a lack of reading comprehension on the part of those who responded without understanding the question they were being asked. If they had no useful answer to the posted question, then they should have just moved along. The problem, with the world in general, is how so many other people are so quick to accept mediocrity without out complaint; how they just happily bend over with a smile (metaphorically speaking).

I really wasn't "pissed" at RiffRaff, until the flag wavers had to jump in and try to "shut me down". I was just looking for helpful suggestions on stopping the leak. At this point, you guys are actually hurting my view of RiffRaff, rather then improving it.

Originally Posted by binuya
And really, my response to your 'entitlement mentality' wasn't so much as to defend Riffraff, but to defend the tone and civility of this forum. Geez dude, read post #3 again and tell me that didn't sound like a hissy fit.
1st, see my comments above.

2nd, As far as "tone and civility" of the forum, you think I'm the bad guy here? Really? You guys are "attacking" me. All I did was ask a simple question. You guys decided to "pile on" with the nonsense.

3rd, I think your understanding of an "entitlement mentality" is, shall we say, flawed. Someone with an entitlement mentality wants something for nothing. I PAID for a part which, in less then 1500 miles, is leaking. I was seeking information on how to possibly fix it, without even bothering with the vendor. However, that said, I AM "entitled" to a means of rapid and convenient (to me, not the company) communication with any vendor/business I chose to grant the privilege of receiving my business. That applies to ANY business, whether its RiffRaff, or WalMart. AND, it should apply to any customer, not just me (kinda kills your little "entitlement mentality" thing huh?). I can't help it if other customers accept less then they deserve. On the other hand, some people might prefer email. So be it. If that's what THEY want, then give it to them. For those that prefer to handle a situation "live" via telephone, give them that.

Also, to just better "frame" everything here, RiffRaff/ this Hpx is the least of my problems this week/month.
You want a "rant"? Fine here it is ( and no this is not about RiffRAff, so need to pile on with any more kudos for them.)

In order to install new injectors and a few other things to go along with it, I had to order many parts, from 4-5 different vendors. I can honestly say that every single one of them "screwed" me in one way or another, by simply not doing exactly what they said they would, when they were supposed to do it. Whether it was shipping delays- with no contact, sending the wrong parts ,lying/stringing me along for 1-1/2 weeks about parts coming that never did (local Ford dealer), sending the wrong tracking numbers, not replying to emails as promised,etc... I lost DAYS of time dealing with other people's failures, which is something that happens all the time. I'm tired of it.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:27 AM
carguy3j
Elder User
Originally Posted by duck fan
If I could only rep you more You made my Friday
That was, in no way , helpful to the topic of the post. Please go away. Don't feed the zoo animals.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:30 AM
carguy3j
Elder User
Originally Posted by rufushusky

Just put the plugs back in at least for now, high pressure oil is not something you want to jury rig. HPX is a nice mod but not life or death. Manufacturing defects do happen and unfortunately you got one.
Thank you for the helpful, on topic post. As per my conversation with Clay, I;m going to inspect for any cracks/flaws, and decide what to from there. Honestly, I think I may have just not gotten the flare seated right, considering I installed it at 3am, in the middle of a 24hr+ wrenching session, when I rebuilt the turbo.
We'll see.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:34 AM
carguy3j
Elder User
Question

Originally Posted by pmasley
And there my friend, you are wrong. The part solved a problem on my 7.3 with low oil pressure on the right bank. Actually I installed two of them.
I'm curious why you put in two. Once there is one, the pressure is balanced. I don't see how a second one would do anymore then one.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:12 AM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by carguy3j
I'm curious why you put in two. Once there is one, the pressure is balanced. I don't see how a second one would do anymore then one.
There isn't a way to install two on a single vehicle. I am sure he was referencing two separate installs.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:20 AM
carguy3j
Elder User
Originally Posted by duck fan
There isn't a way to install two on a single vehicle. I am sure he was referencing two separate installs.
Most likely the case.

But, you could "fit" more then one crossover on if you wanted to; not that it would be of any benefit. Granted, you could only fit one hard line RR style, but with flexible hoses, and an adapter fitting for the icp, technically you COULD put 3 crossovers. If you do them in an X pattern, it adds 500hp.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:08 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Comment removed.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:56 AM
TKegs763
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This here guys, is called "entitled trolling"....

Old 07-31-2015, 03:48 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Many attitudes need to be adjusted.

Let's all move on especially since it's obvious Clay is in contact with the OP.

Stewart