Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy

New Event?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Tractor Boy
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Event?

So last night my fire dept had our monthly meeting and when it came to talking about finances we seem to have a pretty hefty bill from our town regarding a new building we had built on a piece of property we own and use for events such as carnival, drive-in movies, fundraisers, etc. This year due to the loss of 2 nights of our carnival from rain we are looking at some hard times and ways to come up with some money to support our continued improvements to the property, equipment, apparatus, and such. Among the ideas I have come up with are a car/truck/tractor show and more movie nights. I would like to know if there would be any club support or members interested in coming to this event and any ideas that would help draw in more cars and people. I have not yet come up with a date but have early fall (september) in mind and still need to bring it up in a meeting but I would like any input so I can have the whole package ready and details already down so its appealing to the membership and can be approved without much deliberation. As much as I like beer and would like to have it at events because it does draw more people I feel that alcohol and driving do not mix especially if it is a fire dept sponsored event. The town is Greensboro, MD it is very close to DE and it's pretty centrally located on the Eastern Shore of DelMarVa.

-Admission fee?
-Pig Roast?
-Trophys/Plaques?

Old 08-02-2015, 05:55 PM
pbsdaddy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 970 Likes on 864 Posts
Currently working on my 6th show at the Vet's home. I can tell you, from experience, you are a little late for this year. That's not to say it can't be done but rather it won't be if you wait to do it by committee. Check the various local car clubs to make sure you aren't competing with a big show. $10 to $15 seems to be pretty much norm for fees. For a first show, I would go $10. Get flyers out, NOW. Look for food vendors to handle the food. I can give you a good contact. Maybe next year you'll have time to do the food too. Let the fire hall sell the sodas and water. Very little prep and decent profit.