Better idea of actual ride height & primer Fenders back on - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Better idea of actual ride height & primer Fenders back on

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2015, 10:06 AM
Junior User

Don Vito is starting off with a positive reputation.
Better idea of actual ride height & primer Fenders back on

I was concerned about my ride height but with a 16 gallon tank & gas@ 8lbs per gallon, I think it will be where I want, I also just got the fenders primed and re- mounted. Man these things are a money pit!! Need to start engine, wiring, weather stripping, wiring, seat, gauges, steering wheel, side glass, back glass, interior etc. etc. etc.
Click the image to open in full size.

This may be a longer term project that I planned on.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:17 AM
Senior User

emay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.emay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The longer term happens. Just keep tackling things one at a time.

You ended up with good ride height. Love the smooth back end look you did. Very nice.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a splendid one to beholdCharlieLed is a splendid one to beholdCharlieLed is a splendid one to beholdCharlieLed is a splendid one to beholdCharlieLed is a splendid one to beholdCharlieLed is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
This may be a longer term project that I planned on.
Famous last words!
Old 07-20-2015, 12:00 PM
Elder User

lowtrkn2k is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very clean nice look. I agree, ride height look perfect.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Junior User

Nicholas+ is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nicholas+ is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Man these things are a money pit!!......This may be a longer term project that I planned on.
Ha ha. What works for me is coming up with a schedule and budget for each section. If you add it all up all at once ( time and money ) it can get you down. Your truck looks good. Keep at er. Ride height looks perfect to me.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:19 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has a brilliant futureunderthebridgejim has a brilliant futureunderthebridgejim has a brilliant futureunderthebridgejim has a brilliant futureunderthebridgejim has a brilliant futureunderthebridgejim has a brilliant futureunderthebridgejim has a brilliant futureunderthebridgejim has a brilliant futureunderthebridgejim has a brilliant futureunderthebridgejim has a brilliant futureunderthebridgejim has a brilliant future
Personally I like the stance you've achieved, it looks good with those wheels. As for the money pit part, LOL yeah I hear you, but at least for me the journey has been worth every penny. It's been very therapeutic, enjoyable, and I keep coming up with other things to improve, redo, or add, it's never ending, and I don't want it to be done. PS, your truck is coming along really nice so hang in the, like emay said "just keep tackling things one at a time" it will be worth it.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks