6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

FYI - SD Truck Springs - Firestone Airbags

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 09:17 PM
AVE8R
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On July 8, 2015, I ordered the DEI-2550 Firestone Airbag Kit from SDTruckSprings.com for my 2010 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4x4 DRW truck. I also ordered an air compressor to use for inflation of these airbags via wireless remote. The total order cost was $630.00 (Six Hundred Thirty Dollars.)

The shipment was delivered by UPS on July 13, 2015.

I am 59 years old, have had ten heart surgeries, including tripple bypass. I asked a neighbor who is a mechanic and United States Navy Submariner if he would assist me with installing the airbags and compressor.

Today, July 17, 2015 was the first day my neighbor had off to assist. As with most expensive items I order on line, I video taped opening the boxes in the event there was any damage or other issues with the order.

Please view the videos at the links below.

What I received was a returned and repackaged kit, and we do not even know if it has all of the parts. The two videos show my neighbor and I opening the boxes, which proves that the kit that SDTruckSprings.com sent was obviously previously sold, returned and re-packaged. Arguably, SDTruckSprings.com knowingly and deliberately engaged in interstate perpetration of fraud.

I spoke with SDTruckSprings.com customer service and advised them that the product I received was obviously a return and repackaged kit and they appear to have been previously installed on another truck. After the expected denial, I told the customer service agent that I video taped opening the boxes.

The answer I received from SDTruckSprings.com customer service was, [paraphrased] ‘Did you video tape someone installing them on another truck?’ My reply was pointed. He said he would transfer me to a supervisor, and the line disconnected.

The video(s) speaks for themself.

SDTruckSprings.com contact information is:

SD Truck Springs
14C Union Ave
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

Toll Free - (877) 774-6473
Telephone - (631) 588-8777
Fax - (800) 485-7534
Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts | SD Truck Springs
customerservice@sdtrucksprings.com

Video 1 of 2 -

Video 2 of 2 -

Old 07-17-2015, 09:45 PM
Mud Doc
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Why not just tell them you want to send it back--get an RMA, send it and get the credit.
I have done business with Trucksprings and haven't had a problem, but doesn't mean it can't happen.
Someone in the warehouse took it upon himself to repackage a set that came back and failed to tell anyone about it. Fraud? I doubt it rises to that level.
I have never videoed any type of shipment--I have had repackaged stuff hit the house, and a polite call explaining what I had, has always ended up with my being satisfied with a reshipment.

Joe

I was mistaken in saying that I had done business with SDTrucksprings--I have not. Different vendor with similar name.

Last edited by Mud Doc; 07-24-2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Clarify vendors
Old 07-17-2015, 09:52 PM
AVE8R
Freshman User
I spoke with SDTruckSprings.com customer service and advised them that the product I received was obviously a return and repackaged kit and they appear to have been previously installed on another truck. After the expected denial, I told the customer service agent that I video taped opening the boxes.

The answer I received from SDTruckSprings.com customer service was, [paraphrased] ‘Did you video tape someone installing them on another truck?’ My reply was pointed. He said he would transfer me to a supervisor, and the line disconnected.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:02 AM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I had a problem with them when I ordered shocks and they sent me the wrong ones, I called and explained that the shipped me the wrong ones and they told me to return them and they would send me the correct ones. i sent them back and they refunded my money!! I called to see what had happen and the guy I spoke to was rude and had no explanation, i then proceeded to go online and send them an email that wasn't very pleasant, within 5 minutes I received a call from the owner and he was very appoligetic and basically sent me the correct shocks for half price, I told him he needs to get ahold of the way his customers are treated when they call for assistance....I honestly don't know if I would ever buy from them again.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:07 AM
AVE8R
Freshman User
No one should have to deal with this kind of nonsense. Unfortunately, this is exactaly why I video opening shipments bought on line.

I’m down $630.00, and I have no airbags to install, and I have to waste my time reporting this company because of its deliberate attempt to rip-off a customer.

I have filed complaints with:

1. The State of Georgia Attorney General
2. The State of New York Attorney General
3. The United States Postal Inspectors
4. United parcel Service
5. Firestone
6. American Express Fraud Investigative Services
7. The Better Business Bureau
8. The Federal Trade Commission
9. Ripoff Report | Scams, reviews, complaints, lawsuits and frauds. File a report, post your review. Consumers educating consumers.

Ripoff Report | SD Truck Springs Complaint Review Nationwide: 1242588

Old 07-18-2015, 04:33 PM
chi6488
Senior User
In the future when you buy online look for a dealer who does paypal. They help back things up when stuff is not legit like in your case. They just issue the refund and dealer has to live with it. I am sure it is part of their contract with paypal because they get more business and customers love the quick easy purchase when buying on impulse.

They bailed me out twice now.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:57 AM
AVE8R
Freshman User
Originally Posted by chi6488
In the future when you buy online look for a dealer who does paypal. They help back things up when stuff is not legit like in your case. They just issue the refund and dealer has to live with it. I am sure it is part of their contract with paypal because they get more business and customers love the quick easy purchase when buying on impulse.

They bailed me out twice now.
Thank you for that bit of advice. Yes, it appears that PayPal will add a little bit of added protection. That is why I began making a video every time I open a shipment from an on-line order.

It is still rare that there is any issue, but in this instance, SDTruckSprings.com customer service representative said, 'Did you video tape someone installing them on another truck?’ My reply was pointed. In my opinion, that answer indicated a deliberate defensive posture and an admission that the company knowingly does this as a customary practice. He said he would transfer me to a supervisor, and the line disconnected.

In essence, SDTruckSprings.com was saying, "Prove it, that we sent a repackaged, used kit." When I told him that I video taped the opening of the box, and it was obviously installed on a truck before being shipped to me, the defense was then escalated to: 'Did you video tape someone installing them on another truck?’

Thanks again for your advice. I will be using PayPal in the future more, but will never buy anything from SDTruckSprings.com

Old 07-19-2015, 09:19 PM
Mud Doc
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
AVE8R,
I have mistaken SDTrucksprings.com for Michigan Truck Spring-- Truck Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Air Bags, Timbren, Leaf Springs - TruckSpring.com
Have not done business with SDTrucksprings, so thanks for the heads up after all.
Joe

Old 07-20-2015, 09:14 AM
AVE8R
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Mud Doc
AVE8R,
I have mistaken SDTrucksprings.com for Michigan Truck Spring-- Truck Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Air Bags, Timbren, Leaf Springs - TruckSpring.com
Have not done business with SDTrucksprings, so thanks for the heads up after all.
Joe
Thanks for that clarification Joe.

The purpose of this post is to share an experience of being victimized, hoping that none of my RV’ing and truck-owner family is victimized as I was. I am towing a 15,000 pound fifth wheel, and it could obviously create a danger to property and life if critical suspension parts are defective.

There is also the economic issue. SDTruckSprings.com does not appear to have any intention of making this right.

May I suggest that in the spirit of helping others with accurate information, you revise your first post, since it is the initial reply to my post, and it gives SDTruck Springs an endorsement.

Thanks very much.

Dave

Old 07-21-2015, 08:14 AM
wp6529
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SD Truck Springs
14C Union Ave
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

The bit in red should tell you all you need to know. Having lived for many years in the miserable northeast before finally escaping to the free world I have plenty of experience with NY vermin and have found very few that rise above that vermin level, and that address is smack in the middle of Long Island, epicenter of NYC vermin.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:38 AM
AVE8R
Freshman User
Originally Posted by wp6529
SD Truck Springs
14C Union Ave
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

The bit in red should tell you all you need to know. Having lived for many years in the miserable northeast before finally escaping to the free world I have plenty of experience with NY vermin and have found very few that rise above that vermin level, and that address is smack in the middle of Long Island, epicenter of NYC vermin.
"NYC vermin" - Stop SugarCoating it! Tell us how you really feel ;-)

I also escaped the north (Ohio) last August. It wasn't the vermin, just tired of Mister Winter.

Thanks for your "pointed" comments.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:29 AM
CKetchum
Senior User

I ordered a Ready-Lift lift kit from SD Truck Springs for my F-250. It arrived in an 'new' outer brown cardboard shipping box. The Ready-Lift product box that was inside was beaten and torn very badly, while the outer shipping box was undamaged. The parts to the kit were tossed in the wrong spots in the pre-cut foam liner and it was missing fasteners and contained two of the same lift blocks (passenger side). I had to work through Ready-Lift to get the correct lift block for the driver side. Wasn't impressed with SD Truck Springs at all due to the condition of the kit they sent.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:13 AM
AVE8R
Freshman User
BOUGHT NEW -- SD TRUCK SPRINGS SHIPPED USED, RETURNED, REPACKAGED DAMAGED PARTS.

Video 1 of 2 -

Video 2 of 2 -

This document provides information regarding my dispute with SD Truck Springs and Firestone. It is in reverse order, with the most recent first, and my original dispute at the bottom of this document.

To fully understand this report, it should be read from bottom up, beginning with my initial complaint.

Arguably SD Truck Springs enlisted its Firestone Salesman, Paul Fessel to assist in camouflaging that SD Truck Springs sold as “new,” but shipped me a Ride-Rite Airbag kit that was used, returned, repackaged and reshipped.

Mr. Fessel admits that SD Truck Springs is a direct customer (distributor) of Firestone. He states that they do not have a history of service issues with SD Truck Springs.

A cursory review on on-line reviews would enlighten Firestone that SD Truck Springs has a substantial reputation on the Internet. As only a couple of examples:

It’s Reviews Rating of 2.5, 3.4 and lower from reputable sources should be concerning – Browse:

SD Truck Springs Reviews - sdtrucksprings.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#s...6ca81ec59324,1

Competitive ratings for the same product range 4.7 – 5.0. – Browse:

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...hXLkw0KHa4jBUY

etrailer.com Reviews - etrailer.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Summit Racing Equipment - 17 Photos - Auto Repair - Tallmadge, OH - Reviews - Yelp

Mr. Fessel states that “We” did take the time to review the videos attached.

I believe that it is necessary to obtain statements or affidavits from all of the parties that are included in “We.”

Mr. Fessel states, “Specifically to the Ride-Rite air spring kit, it is Firestone’s opinion that the kit is in fact new, and has not been installed.”

My allegations are that someone ‘attempted’ to install it, and a forensic examination of this kit can provide confirmation. It appears that the first buyer of this kit may have simply purchased the wrong kit, and therefore there would not be any torque marks as stated by Mr. Fessel; “…We couldn’t see any witness marks around the bolt holes to indicate that the brackets had been torqued (sic) down with the bolts which leads us to believe that it hasn’t been installed prior.”

Mr. Fessel states that; “…The dirt you note on the air springs is in part the waxes we add to our rubber compound to keep it pliable in the most extreme weather conditions…”

In fact, the airbags have substantial grit, sand or dirt. Forensic examination will identify all materials that are contaminating the airbags.

Further, simply compare the photos on SD Truck Springs website, Amazon and others. The photos are not representative of what we see in the videos of my neighbor and I as we unpackaged the kit.

1999-2004 Ford F250, F350 2wd 4wd (w/ or w/out in bed hitch) - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bag Helper Springs (NO-DRILL) [REAR] - Replaced 2330 Firestone 2550 Ride-Rite Air Bag Helper Springs - 1999-2004 Ford F250, F350 (w/ in bed hitch) (NO-DRILL) [Rear

Amazon.com: Firestone Ride-Rite 2550 Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring Kit: Automotive Amazon.com: Firestone Ride-Rite 2550 Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring Kit: Automotive

Firestone Air Bag Suspension Kits - Air Helper Springs

Mr. Fessel states; “...The bracket appearance isn’t ideal, but is somewhat common given how the product is often handled and jostled about in transit.”

The markings present on the brackets that show scrape marks from attempting to fit it into an area on a truck did not occur in shipping.

Mr. Fessel states; “…While outside of our normal warranty remedy, in the interest of your satisfaction we are willing to send replacement hardware for this kit. The bolt bag was split open (perhaps in transit)”
The bolt-bag was not torn in transit. It has every characteristic of being deliberately opened by human hands.

The kit was ordered as new. What was delivered was not new. Offering to replace a bag of bolts is at best, a pathetic offering to a customer who has clearly been wronged by Firestone’s distributor.

The matter was escalated to Firestone’s associate general counsel, which indicates that Firestone has taken a position that litigation is the way to resolve a simple customer dispute. Buy a product, have a legitimate complaint and the only resolution is litigation? Wow!

The email I received from Mr. Fessel is below.

Dear Mr. Koch,

I am the sales manager for the Ride-Rite™ product line. We have received your message regarding your dissatisfaction with a recent transaction with SDTruck. SDTruck is a direct customer of Firestone’s. We do not have a history of service issues with them, and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We did take the time to review the videos attached. They were helpful to illustrate your concerns. We cannot speak to the compressor kit, as the Wireless One kit is manufactured by Air Lift Company out of Lansing, Michigan. Air Lift is a competitor of Firestone Ride-Rite. AirLift would need to provide feedback as to the completeness and condition of their product.

Specifically to the Ride-Rite air spring kit, it is Firestone’s opinion that the kit is in fact new, and has not been installed. The dirt you note on the air springs is in part the waxes we add to our rubber compound to keep it pliable in the most extreme weather conditions, extending the life of the product. The benefit is our air springs last longer than anyone else’s, the drawback is that these waxes tend to “bloom”, especially in the summer, leaving the dusty or dirty appearance you see. If you push your finger into the bellows, you’ll see more come waxes “bloom” out around the pressure point. This is normal, and occurs with 100% of the Ride-Rite air springs we produce.

The bracket appearance isn’t ideal, but is somewhat common given how the product is often handled and jostled about in transit. Firestone select the bracket material grade and thickness to last for a very long time, and even if chipped will perform reliably under your truck; we anticipate the brackets being chipped at some time, either through handling or due to road debris, so we engineer to that level. We couldn’t see any witness marks around the bolt holes to indicate that the brackets had been torqued down with the bolts which leads us to believe that it hasn’t been installed prior.

While outside of our normal warranty remedy, in the interest of your satisfaction we are willing to send replacement hardware for this kit. The bolt bag was split open (perhaps in transit), and nuts and bolts were falling out of the bag. We don’t want to trouble you with taking an inventory of what you have, or what fell out, we’ll send out the entirety of the bolt kit. Replacement hardware would give you a fully functional and complete kit based on what we could see in the video.

I am copying our tech and customer support desk (rrtech@fsip.com) If you would like to receive the replacement hardware bag, please confirm via return e-mail and copy them. They will get one sent out to you promptly.

We appreciate your business and purchasing our product. While it has started off with difficulty, we are confident that the kit you have will provide you with many years of trouble-free service.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Fessel
Firestone Industrial Products
250 W 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260 USA

email: fesselp@fsip.com
www.firestoneip.com
www.ride-rite.com

My original complaint, and links to the videos opening the boxes is below:

BOUGHT NEW - SD TRUCK SPRINGS SHIPPED USED, REURNED, REPACKAGED DAMAGED PARTS

I tow a 2011 Keystone Alpine 3500RE with my Ford F-350. I was told that the Firestone Airbag kit would help stabilize the ride even more than having Dual Real Wheels.

On July 8, 2015, I ordered the DEI-2550 Firestone Airbag Kit from SDTruckSprings.com for my 2010 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4x4 DRW truck. I also ordered an air compressor to use for inflation of these airbags via wireless remote. The total order cost was $630.00 (Six Hundred Thirty Dollars).

The shipment was delivered on July 13, 2015 via interstate commerce.

I asked a neighbor who is a mechanic and United States Navy Submariner if he would assist me with installing the airbags and compressor.

July 17, 2015 was the first day my neighbor had off to assist. As with most expensive items I order on line, I videotaped opening the boxes in the event there was any damage or other issues with the order.

Please view the videos at the links below.

What I received was a returned and repackaged kit, and we do not even know if it has all of the parts. The two videos show my neighbor and I opening the boxes, which proves that the kit that SDTruckSprings.com sent was obviously previously sold, returned and re-packaged. Arguably, SDTruckSprings.com knowingly and deliberately engaged in the interstate perpetration of fraud.

The answer I received from SDTruckSprings.com customer service was, [paraphrased] ‘Did you video tape someone installing them on another truck?’ My reply was pointed. In my opinion, that answer indicated a deliberate defensive posture and an admission that the company knowingly does this as a customary practice. He said he would transfer me to a supervisor, and the line disconnected.

The videos speak for themselves.

Video 1 of 2 -

Video 2 of 2 -

SDTruckSprings.com contact information is:

SD Truck Springs
14C Union Ave
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

Toll Free - (877) 774-6473
Telephone - (631) 588-8777
Fax - (800) 485-7534
Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts | SD Truck Springs
customerservice@sdtrucksprings.com

Old 07-22-2015, 11:11 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't see anywhere in the letter that they are taking this to court....

Old 07-22-2015, 11:30 AM
AVE8R
Freshman User
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
I don't see anywhere in the letter that they are taking this to court....
I received email from Firestone's Assistant General Counsel.

I have made a Police Report.

Quick Reply: FYI - SD Truck Springs - Firestone Airbags