1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my new to me f350

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Mike189677
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ufvj217
I am. Not sure I'll have to research it. I hate my leather though, when its cold out (NEVER) it's great. When its hot (364 days of the year) it sucks for me at least. I hate sticking to the leather.
I'll gladly take those leather seats off your hands. I've been wanting to put leather in this truck like I did my last one.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man those pics made me shudder.

On the bedliner stuff, it's impossible to keep clean, mostly because of the texture. The slightest bit of dust clings and shows up, even just slightly hard water will leave behind white marks. Definitely can't wax it even once every few years.

Beater ranch truck, and you're bored? Go for it. But my own personal thought is that after seeing others who've done it, I wouldn't do it to my own truck.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:46 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
sorry for the delay, forgot to check this thread lol.

Originally Posted by Mike189677
I'll gladly take those leather seats off your hands. I've been wanting to put leather in this truck like I did my last one.
where are you located? what do your seats look like now? post a pic if you have one!

Originally Posted by Firekite
Man those pics made me shudder.

On the bedliner stuff, it's impossible to keep clean, mostly because of the texture. The slightest bit of dust clings and shows up, even just slightly hard water will leave behind white marks. Definitely can't wax it even once every few years.

Beater ranch truck, and you're bored? Go for it. But my own personal thought is that after seeing others who've done it, I wouldn't do it to my own truck.
haha yea, his truck is filthy. sure it's a full on work truck, but there's no reason to let it get THAT dirty, or unorganized for that matter. he just doesn't take the time to clean it and put tools in the right spot. in the long run it takes more time digging for tools the way he does stuff.

and yea i'm still not set on the bedliner yet. for now im leaving the stock paint on it, until i decide what, if anything, i wanna do. i really would like it to be painted all silver, but idk. If i do end up doing a bedliner paint job, or even plastidip, i still may go with a silver color, i'd have to decide if i then want to do the door jambs also, or leave them black (better than if the stock paint was red or something lol)

Old 05-20-2016, 04:51 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
finally done with the shackles, just need to torque everything back properly (shocks, shackles, sway links, track bar, and wheels)

the excursion wheels STILL rubbed, so i just said screw it and put the stock dually wheels back on. don't care anymore at this point, next time i need new tires i'll lift it 4" and get aftermarket wheels maybe.

excursion wheels on the front:

stock dually wheels:

with the wheels straight, the steering wheel is now like this...alignment? the picture is an optical illusion, go figure, the intersection i took a pic at was one that the lanes are turning the same direction the steering wheel is facing in the pic lol. but the wheels are in fact straight.

random pic

Old 05-20-2016, 04:53 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
Old 05-20-2016, 08:05 PM
Mike189677
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by ufvj217
Vacuum pump. Check all your vacuum lines one has either come loose or dry rotted most likely. Also you can adjust the drag link to center the steering wheel back up. Truck looks good with the leveling kit.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:12 PM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Yeah just adjust the drag link to center the steering wheel. Easier to get someone else to help.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:09 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
ill have to get my buddy to help because i dont know how haha.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:02 AM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Should have a collar you can loosen the clamp bolts and then grab a pipe wrench or channel locks and it should turn. If it's all rusted and crusted maybe treat it with some Kroil or AeroKroil (or PB Blast if you don't have the good stuff) a little before you get started.

Have your buddy sit in the truck as you turn that long adjustable collar and he can tell you if you're turning it the right way or not and then when to stop. Tighten 'er back down, and you should be good.

And yes, if you actually do go get an alignment they'll do that part for you as well. Might it be a terrible idea overall. I always recommend it when people get their junk lifted. I usually recommend the lifetime alignment option if they offer one, at places like Brake Stop. It's usually more but not even twice as much and you're good from then on. Any time you mess with any steering or suspension stuff you can always take it back and have them do it again.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:55 AM
Mike189677
Fleet Mechanic
You need to turn it towards yourself when your in front of the truck making the adjusment to get it to go the way you need it to go. Here's a write up with some pictures it's really easy to do. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...with-pics.html

Old 05-21-2016, 09:52 AM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
Awesome thanks guys for the info I'll work on doing that today. Wont hurt my tires at all will it? Feels like it pulls to the right when I'm driving, not sure if its bc its not lined up or bc i need an alignment or something?

And on the vacuum thing, will it damage anything continuing to drive until i figure out whats loose/dry rotted? Or should i not drive it? Don't want to damage anything more.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Why not just go get an alignment to be sure?

Old 05-21-2016, 12:27 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
thats what my friend that helped install the shackles suggested, just to be sure, and the truck pulled to the right a little even before we touched it (although the wheel was straight) so i think ill do that. been trying to get ahold of 4wheelparts in my area but they seem slammed, so i will probably wait until monday and go in.

2 other friends said that noise is normal on the vacuum thing? doesn't look like any lines coming off it are missing/broken. there is one nipple with nothing on it but he said that's a vent/to release pressure. any other input on that? it may be in my head, but it seems that at times the A/C isn't as cold as it was before i let it sit for like 2 months. def not cold like my excursion is now, don't know if something happened with that. may need to look into that too, i can't do no A/C in florida...no way no how...lol

uploading a few more pics now. i can def tell it's higher when i step in and out of the truck, even though it's just 2" (plus the extra 2.5ish inches that the tires added as well) and i love it. sits pretty level now. i wish i could have afforded a 4" or even 6" lift from the get go, and still 35s or maybe even 37s, but that won't be for a while. when it's close to needing new tires again (gonna be a while anyways) i will start saving so i have money for tires and a lift for the next tire swap. hopefully even wheels too. not sure if i want aftermarket wider dually wheels, like Fuel wheels or something, or go with chrome 19.5 or 22.5's. sometimes i don't like the semi wheel look with the thinner tires, but that's usually in pics. each time i see a dually in person near me with a setup like that, i change my mind. theres a guy down the street from me with a duramax lifted pretty high on at least 22.5s maybe 24s, and has to be at least 36-37" tires, and it looks BADASS. so who knows. but for now i'm a happy camper! rubs just a little at complete full lock. who cares, not like i could make U-turns before anyways LOL.

question to those with shackles...do they make the ride more bouncy? i figured the ride may decrease a bit, it seems a little bouncy though around 45-50mph. might be the stock shocks are maxed out and i need taller ones?

Old 05-21-2016, 12:38 PM
ufvj217
Cargo Master

best before/after similar looking pics i could find. in the top pic below, it's stock suspension of course, and i believe the rears were the stock 235/85/16s and the fronts were some old 265/75/16s i had laying around because i needed tires temporarily and hadn't decided at that point what 6 new tires i wanted yet. bottom pic is the 2" shackles up front and 315/75/16s all around with 2" spacers in the rear (hub-centric spacers on the way to swap the non HC ones the guy sent me...lol)

the kinda crap i gotta deal with in florida. monsoon in one direction, clear as glass in the other lol.

heres a random dually i saw on Instagram, 22.5" 10 lug wheels, not sure what size tires or lift. i love the look though. think this may for sure be my next wheel/tire setup.

EDIT: the guy messaged me back, it's just leveled in the front (assuming ~2" like mine, not sure leafs or just shackles) and 22.5" alcoa's with 8 to 10 lug adapters. 255/70/22.5 tires which he said measure to around 37".

Old 05-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
22.5" wheels look awesome on dually trucks rolling down the road.

Quick Reply: my new to me f350