Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Ohioh July chit chat...

Old 07-22-2015, 09:03 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
HI Larry. Did it come with the 427 in it? what trans I see the dip stick C6 I am guessing needs a top loader. You cannot put eye candy like that on with out details....I hope its faster then the Hemi and you get to enjoy some seat time.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:19 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Brian, we're thinking the 427 was a transplant maybe after the car was already built? It came from a Ford racer that I know of from years back. Don't think he actually built the car originally? Don't know for sure. Yes, C6. Has one of those horrible Lokar shifters in it. You CAN'T drive it aggressively as the shifter has NO real gates. It will go damn near into park if you push it that far. Not good.

Yes it needs a clutch pedal and a straight axle. We keep trying to get the okay to cut it up, but not likely to happen. He bought the red car basically because it was "cheap" compared to what he will have in the hemi car and it was already done. The hemi car is already into year two and not done yet.

My buddy tried to get owner to have the hemi car done as a gasser, but he wanted that prostreet theme like all the rest out there. It's his money, we'll do whatever he wants. My buddy does all the fab work, I'm currently the electrical guy.

Right now, the 427 needs a valve adjustment(I've heard), so I hope to do that next Tuesday and maybe take it for a spin. Haven't driven it since last summer when it was all screwed up. It had a hard time doing a burnout last summer!! Real slug. Should be MUCH better now.

The hemi car is a new blown 572, dynoed 1000 hp. It should be MUCh faster then the old stock 427. Both big tire cars, but the tires will not put up with it and just make for good smoke shows(which the owner likes).

I'll get the pics on my phone downloaded and posted up sometime soon.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Ok, took a minute and downloaded some.

You can see the color as the jambs have all been cut in along with the dash/console.

Trunk, showing the door popper system installation process(the red car has a system but it is under the dash because it doesn't have a/c unit). The trunk will be mostly covered over so nothing will be visable.

The start of the main harness

Dash and console installed

Behind the dash(the whole dash is on plugs so you can remove it to service the master cylinder--which is mounted behind dash)

The car is currenlty getting the interior built. The motor is out. I've trial run all the electrics and it passed with flying colors(now). Only problem was a junk turn signal switch that came in the column. After bashing my head for an hour we figured it out and I got a new switch to replace it. We pulled the original switch apart(generic GM switch) and it was poorly built. Seems two of the copper contacts were bent wrong and would short things out randomly if you touched the hazard switch in a certain way .

Old 07-23-2015, 04:08 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Neet project. I seen one last year at the Summit car show done up like the primer gray one from the 78 movie Hot Rod. It was cool I talked to the guy and commentated on there was a air brush to look like a sticker that said Munns root bear. I said wow that needs the red circle and the slash line over it. He just looked like what. Most of not seen the movie he has the car to.Always loved the 39 *******

Old 07-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

LOL!!! Ya, I would have said the same thing. Asked "why is this not on your bathroom mirror?" (remember that line--Robert Culp asked where the sponsorship decal is at). Ya, one of my favorite movies.

I'd built it like that movie also. All this bling bling is not for me. Not that it isn't going to be badass when done, but just not my style.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:14 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
I to liked the movie alot and do remember the mirror comment. Also like when they pull a Hemi out of a Amc police car.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:18 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

And he can change the shift pattern so Reverse is where third is. Ya, okay......LOL. Still a neat movie.