6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Think I'm going to have to sell it!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 01:28 PM
pwarren68-2008
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think I'm going to have to sell it!!!!!

Thinking I might have to sell my truck. 2008 F350 Crew Cab SRW. I Bought it new in 2007. Just hit 37K miles last week. yes 37K NOT 137K. Minor problems over the years. Latest is my radiator is leaking on lower drivers side. I have the ESP 1000 plus crap and radiator is definitely covered in the paperwork. But the Service Tech put in the warranty request about the TSBs regarding hoses and degas bottle. ESP folks said hose not covered so radiator not covered. Hose caused radiator to leak. WTFFFFFFFF...For one thing the hose was not leaking only the bottom of the radiator and there was little to no coolant loss in the degas bottle. I must have caught it the same day or close to. Service tech trying to get all he can in for the dealership mention the TSBs concerning hoses and now I'm fighting to get a radiator. Tech said well if we can get the radiator we will work up your cost on hoses and degas bottle plus my deduct. I'm so frustrated. Glad I bought a 50K truck along with multiple ESPs from FORD. I bought the best ESP I could additional 5/48K. And what do I get? A bunch of one pump chumps trying to get out of whats doing right for a customer. How do you chumps sleep at night. AND IM A FORD GUY. I have a 68 F100 which is on its second radiator with 178K miles on the truck. Don't see plastic ends leaking on that. OH wait it does not have plastic ends because engineers were trying to make things last back then. NOT now, lets make things fail at a certain point so we can stick it to the loyal customer!!!!!!! I know its not only ford but I bought a ford with extended warranties thinking they would be honored. VERY PISSED OFF!!!!!Just looked up on my ESP brochure and Hoses are not in the "Not Covered", but Maintenance required items. I had my coolant changed at the dealership with 27K miles on it. No report of "needed" maintenance required on the hoses?

Last edited by pwarren68-2008; 08-03-2015 at 07:35 PM. Reason: EDIT TONE
Old 07-09-2015, 04:39 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I didn't see the asking price.

Anyhow, is the Extended Service Plan through Ford?

The radiators are prone to leak from getting the truck in a bind/twist causing the tanks to move. After my first leaking radiator, I make it a point to avoid doing that as much as possible. If it were me, I'd replace what's broke, and drive on.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:39 PM
pwarren68-2008
Junior User
Yes the ESP is through Ford and bought from a Ford dealership. And yes, common problem so why are the a holes trying to get out of fixing? I have the extended warranty. Let me answer my own question. Cause they are ...I'll stop there before I get kicked off the site.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:13 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
If your going to sell a perfectly running truck with low miles because it needs a radiator your soft....I understand what your saying...dont get me wrong but just suck it up and fix it.....life gives you lemons you gotta make lemonade sometimes

Old 07-09-2015, 09:50 PM
fatboytx
Senior User
Yeah, its really weird that Ford won't fix the cooling system, with your ESP covering it and all. Truck needs thermostats, hoses and radiator. And its not like Ford is unaware of their own TSB. Amazing. So, if you did the wrenching it would probably run a bit under $1k for all the parts and coolant. I wouldn't sell the truck because of a bad radiator but I might be seriously pissed about the ESP and get my money back if I could.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:33 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to to be more calm and systematic about this. Call into Ford ESP directly and talk to someone. That might get it all straightened out...

Old 07-11-2015, 10:12 AM
pwarren68-2008
Junior User
I called the Ford ESP rep and he read over the claim and said there was nothing he can do. He understood what I was saying. He had to elevate it and that person would be in contact with my dealership service rep. That was on Monday. It's Saturday and still no call. I just looked at truck again and all hoses are fine, no leaks and degas bottle is fine. Only radiator leaking where the plastic meets metal on drivers side bottom. Currently not wet but you can see the crust from where it was. It has not used any coolant sine I had it at the dealership. I Have put about 400 miles on it. So it seems this seal leak is intermittent. I'm heading over some passes in a few weeks with a trailer. I hope the radiator just not go all at once. How much has anyone seen this leak in the area I'm talking about? Few drips, pissses, cracks plastic?

Old 07-11-2015, 04:42 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had that leak for about 6 months. Mostly leaks when it's cooler outside. I need to get time to do a radiator. But I'll be putting in a Mishimoto...

Old 07-18-2015, 08:26 AM
acamk37
New User
I had the same problem on my truck about a month after I bought it. (Used) Radiator leaked in same location. It was slow at first then started to leak quite substantially. Had ESP as well. Went to the dealership with TSB in hand and they would not fix it under the ESP. Told the dealership to pound sand and took it to someone else...and cancelled my ESP. Apparently the radiators from the factory have those issues. I did have the updated venturi tee and when I got my new radiator I also replaced the hoses with the updated radiator hoses. It would be a shame to get rid of your truck all because of a radiator...low mileage and all.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:55 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So, what good is an Extended Service Plan, if they won't fix the issues? I'm guessing the TSB doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a recall. Could it be that since a TSB has been issued, it's up to the customer to fix, since it is now a known problem? If that's the case, what DOES an ESP actually cover, changing the air in the tires?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:59 AM
acamk37
New User
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
So, what good is an Extended Service Plan, if they won't fix the issues? I'm guessing the TSB doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a recall. Could it be that since a TSB has been issued, it's up to the customer to fix, since it is now a known problem? If that's the case, what DOES an ESP actually cover, changing the air in the tires?
Apparently just the air in the tires judging from my experience.
That's why I cancelled mine, 2 months into it.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:23 PM
chi6488
Senior User
so is the ESP for 5/100 after the 3/36 or it just extends it another 2 yrs after new warranty/

Old 07-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Softballdad
Senior User
I've had my radiator replaced using extended warranty. It seems some dealers are replacing them and some aren't.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:36 PM
pwarren68-2008
Junior User
So after hours of phone calls and three different ESP reps I have get back with dealership and have a third party come out to the dealership and look at it. Dealer must to set it up per ESP rep. Coolant levels are still good and do not see any seepage on radiator. Been driving it a lot. Going over two steep passes with a trailer in a few weeks. Will keep driving and watching levels and temps. If it just leaks while on my trip no big deal. Just don't want catastrophic failure while towing a trailer on vacation. Minute I see any coolant or coolant loss calling dealerships to get get third party person in to look at it.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:45 PM
pwarren68-2008
Junior User
Many different levels of ESP. I'm on my second. It's an additional 4years 48k miles. premium care. premium bend you over!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Think I'm going to have to sell it!!!!!