Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

4 wheeling, state land, and permits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
fordmtnman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4 wheeling, state land, and permits?

Being new to Arizona, I decided to go exlporing the area trails around my home in Green Valley last weekend. Everytime one got interesting, I'd come across a sign that said something to the effect of "this is state land trust land, you need a state land use permit, yada yada..." I'm not a trespasser, so I turned around each time, and this effectively ruined my day, as it seemed like I could not go anywhere.

Looking online, it would seem that they only offer these permits for a day or two at a time for one specific trail. That doesn't cut it with me. Do you guys know of a way to get a year pass to all the trails, or can I just not go four wheeling in my area? I like it here, and I'd hate to have to move back to Alaska just to go 4xing...

Old 08-30-2007, 03:25 AM
fordmtnman
Senior User
Ok. Got it figured out. In case anyone's wondering, the state land trust website has conflicting information on it... but you can find a pdf form on there that is an application permit for use of land trust land. It's $20/year per family on such land's trails. I'm sending off my application tomorrow...

It sorta makes me wonder where all these state income taxes are going...

Old 09-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Belive me AZ is one of the worst states for Taxes!!!!!!
Glad to here you are doing it right! I lease from state trust land for my honey bees

Old 09-06-2007, 11:49 AM
rugermack
Posting Guru
If you read the whole sign, it also stated that with a valid hunting or fishing licsence you can be on state trust land as much as you want. So, if you fish or hunt you can kill two birds with one stone.