Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

JULY chat/BS

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 05:51 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
JULY chat/BS

Can you believe 2015 is more than half over? Ridiculous.

How's everybody doing?

Old 07-01-2015, 08:37 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Hanging in there, at least I can see my yard. Downside to that is I have to mow grass this weekend.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:05 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
I've "needed" to cut grass for about three weeks. I keep thinking if I ignore it long enough it'll go away.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:11 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by cookie88
I've "needed" to cut grass for about three weeks. I keep thinking if I ignore it long enough it'll go away.
Keep thinking that way, my old place in Eldo is about waist high at the moment. Gonna have to borrow a tractor and bush hog for that one.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:24 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
LOL. Didn't work for me either. Ran the bush hog some after work today. Hopefully it'll stay dry through to the weekend so I can tame this jungle.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:26 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I used to be "johnny on the spot" with these monthly threads. Maybe I'm working too much. Yeah that's the ticket, think my wife will let me retire today?
How's everybody doing?
Getting back into the routine of working nights. While this time of year the benefits are obvious...forgetting to turn the ringer off on the phone.
You just need a teenager! The resident one at this address disappeared to San Antonio for two weeks. Mean & evil dad didn't keep up with his chores...including the grass. He managed to get it down yesterday at three times the normal amount of time. I've got two square bales now if anyone is looking for hay by the way.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:21 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Mowed grass in Mt. Holly today, could probably bale a few myself. The river is on the rise again, just enough to drown a flower bed or two, but not under the house this time. I'll be so glad when Mother Nature makes up her mind, I need to haul building materials in here, but its looking like that'll be next summer.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:51 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
I have a teenager...... but she isn't so much into the outside chores.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:49 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well twice this year we've exceeded the record rainfall at the fort for a month...and it's only the 12th this time around. Clearly we won't have to worry about water rationing (those of us on city water) or burn bans for a while. Though I do have a brush pile from spring damages that I'd really like to get rid of.
I have a teenager...... but she isn't so much into the outside chores.
I can loan you one if you really want to avoid time with the mower. He works cheap ($$$)...though consider yourself warned, he'll cause all kinds of havoc on your groceries.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:01 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro

Well, the water has crested once again. The party barge should be about 15' lower and parked amongst the tree line behind it. Have spent about 12 hours on the water this weekend, dodging floating debris, but at least not sitting at home.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:38 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
I can loan you one if you really want to avoid time with the mower. He works cheap ($$$)...though consider yourself warned, he'll cause all kinds of havoc on your groceries.
I may seriously consider this in August after I have a hip replaced. I'll be down for at least 6 weeks and these freakin weeds just won't give up. I know teenagers always need a little $$$ and the grill/smoker are tuned up really well right now.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:25 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
I may seriously consider this in August after I have a hip replaced. I'll be down for at least 6 weeks and these freakin weeds just won't give up. I know teenagers always need a little $$$ and the grill/smoker are tuned up really well right now.
Hip replacement? Thats a procedure for old people. What's up?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:27 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Hip replacement? Thats a procedure for old people. What's up?
Arthritis ate 'em up. Sad thing is, there is a guy there (we had to take a class) that's only 43 having both of his done also. I'm hoping the surgery pain isn't as bad as what I'm going through everyday cause it sucks to not be able to turn wrenches on stuff when I want to. I don't even wanna think about not being able to go fishing......grrrrrr.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:36 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
Arthritis ate 'em up. Sad thing is, there is a guy there (we had to take a class) that's only 43 having both of his done also. I'm hoping the surgery pain isn't as bad as what I'm going through everyday cause it sucks to not be able to turn wrenches on stuff when I want to. I don't even wanna think about not being able to go fishing......grrrrrr.
Well....... I'll say this. My mother in law had a hip replaced about 5 years ago and has never not been in pain since then. And on the other hand, one of the dudes in my gym said its the best thing thats ever happened to him.

Bottom line. Total crapshoot. Good luck brother!

Old 07-16-2015, 08:56 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
I figure I'll be in that boat in a few years. I was hit by a car when I was 5 years old, the pain in my left hip has been getting much worse lately, probably a year or two from going through with it though.

Quick Reply: JULY chat/BS