Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Small issue with my new 2015 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Bullcbx
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small issue with my new 2015 Lariat

It is unfortunate that the level of product quality does not match the ridiculous price Ford (or any manufacture for that matter) charges for these new vehicles. Just dropped what I consider a huge wad of cash for a 2.7L 2015 Lariat SuperCrew. So after getting to know the machine a little better, I find that none of my overhead courtesy lights are working, including the map lights up front. Actually, it would appear that none of the switches in my overhead console work except the one for the sliding rear window. When getting in the truck, the green/red LEDs that are in the door panels work, but when accessing the vehicle at night, the interior remains extremely dark. I’ve looked at the manual to see if there could be a fuse blown, but the interior circuit these are supposed to be on includes the power seats (which do work) so I have to assume there is something amiss in the overhead. What a pain to have to take off from work to go back to a dealer. Just frustrated. Can anyone confirm how to remove the console? I have not looked up in the sun glass holder to see if there are any screws accessible/visible there.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If you mess with it you could screw something up and potentially be out in the cold. Just take it to the dealer and utilize the warranty including for these things. Sorry for the bad luck.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:25 AM
WhiteEx
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if your Lariet will be the same, but in my Platinum trim level, you can control those lights with one of the buttons on the overhead console. If you have a sunroof, the 3rd button from the left at the front of the overhead console is the Door Function Switch. With no sunroof, the Door Function Switch is in the center position. With that switch activated, no interior lights will come on when a door is opened; that switch is sometimes called a police switch. The info is on page 84 of my owner's manual.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:42 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You talking about these four little lights?

Looks that while they come with the Lariat trim level you have to move up to the Platinum trim level to get the switch to turn them on. As I can't find a way either on my Lariat with moonroof!
But the two bigger lights do come on when I open a door or push the button.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I have those lights on my Platinum and haven't figured out how to bring them on.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:22 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Maybe they are not lights but cameras? Feeding info on who is in the truck and were you are and where you are going to the NSA?

I might put tape over them and see who comes knocking at my door!

Old 07-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Tsramsey
New User
I believe they are motion sensors for inside the cab

Old 07-02-2015, 10:40 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Originally Posted by Tsramsey
I believe they are motion sensors for inside the cab
Some thing to do with the airbags maybe?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:51 PM
Tsramsey
New User
Alarm system when you turn the truck off the. Dash it will read all perimeter sensors and my under standing that's what those are.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:55 AM
WhiteEx
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are passive infra-red motion detectors. Open a window on your truck, and from the outside, lock the truck. Now stick your arm through the open window. Horn will blow and lights will flash- use your key fob or actual key to unlock the truck and the alarm will stop.

When turning off the ignition, you normally get the message something like: Alarm sensors- Perimeter? or all? You can choose to have those sensors on or off. You would want them off if you are leaving your dog or mother-in-law in the hot truck with the windows rolled up.

Page 69. Your Owner's Manual is your friend.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
Thanks for inlighting us on their use. I did think that as lights they would be shining in everyone's face.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:49 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by WhiteEx
They are passive infra-red motion detectors. Open a window on your truck, and from the outside, lock the truck. Now stick your arm through the open window. Horn will blow and lights will flash- use your key fob or actual key to unlock the truck and the alarm will stop.

When turning off the ignition, you normally get the message something like: Alarm sensors- Perimeter? or all? You can choose to have those sensors on or off. You would want them off if you are leaving your dog or mother-in-law in the hot truck with the windows rolled up.

Page 69. Your Owner's Manual is your friend.
Thanks. That does help. As for the owner's manual, if you go to it expecting those to be lights you can't find anything. Been there, done that.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:55 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Thanks. That does help. As for the owner's manual, if you go to it expecting those to be lights you can't find anything. Been there, done that.
How is it listed in the owner's manual? Sensors? Proximity? Security? Anything?

Old 07-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
It isn't on Page 69 in my owner's manual, as shown below. In fact, I can't find it in the manual anywhere.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:31 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
On page 69 of the May 2015 online edition while not saying anything about those four camera/lights things, they do talk about the anti-theft protection system which it seems this is part of. And they are watching the four doors to see if anything comes inside through the windows/doors area.

Quick Reply: Small issue with my new 2015 Lariat