N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

July 2015 All topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 11:57 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Yeah it seemed like one big cluster of ducks (LOL). I over heard the cleaning lady tell Laura (the property management lady) that they had changed the locks today so she could not get in when she first arrived. I also heard her tell her that this unit was on the list as being cleaned already. That would explain why it sat for a month with nothing done. Interesting. I am going to go to HUD tomorrow and see how quickly I can get them to come out and re-inspect. Might be two weeks or more if this inspection is any indication.

Jim

Old 07-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Well not moving today. According to Fox Property management, the problems that caused the apartment to fail have been fixed, and they will call the inspection department of HUD and see if they can get another inspection by Friday. If it passes, then I can move in Friday, however, I will wait until Monday because that will mean I only have 5 extra days to pay rent on instead of the 10 I though I would have if I moved in today. I would rather pay $55 than $101 extra. If it fails a second time, then HUD will cancel the contract, and issue another voucher to look for another place.

Jim

Old 07-22-2015, 07:44 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evening Nor Cal. Hope everything goes well for you Jim. You have had a run of tough luck with housing if memory serves me.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:26 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Yes indeed. I should be able to settle down once I finally move. I still would like to get back into the mobile home park. However, that will not happen for at least 12 months now. If I do get back in, I will stay there until I die.

Jim

Old 07-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy thirsty Thursday Nor Cal!

Jim

Old 07-23-2015, 10:06 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
I will stay there until I die, Jim if you wait any longer for them to process you may just plan on dyeing there sorry that's a terrible thing to say , Hoping you get into a place soon did you get your scooter up and running?

Old 07-23-2015, 11:00 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Good evening Nor Cal.

Jim hope you get settled very soon. I hate moving & I live in an RV & only have to hook it up & still hate moving anymore. We bought a place in Central Nevada & hopefully this fall we will get one of our RVs moved on it will stay there until I die. Hope to finish the water/sewer & RV pad this Aug.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:39 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I hate moving too, but I also don't like apartment living, what with people above me, and on both sides of me. However, I wanted out of the Vet Plaza as quickly as possible, and there would not have been a trailer ready at the mobile home park in time (before my voucher ran out) so I have to live there one year, and then pray there is a trailer available when my lease is up. God willing, there will be, and I will move for the last time. At least now, I just pay people to move. I rent the U-Haul, and drive it, and pay people to move all my stuff. The self install kit from Comcast has already arrived at the new apartment, so I will be up and running as soon as I am moved in. No missed days. Which is good since I am addicted to the internet.

Jim

Old 07-24-2015, 11:47 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Evening Gang.

Jim glad it is moving along.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:46 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Well, it has finally happened. I am in my own apartment, and I have my laptop connected via Ethernet cable not WiFi!!!! So much faster. And I am the only one on it. Not sharing with 50 other people, (which is interesting because the Vet Plaza only has 23 people at its max, and not everyone has a computer, or phone. Someone is handing out the password when they shouldn't be).

Anyway, I am exhausted, and still somewhat dehydrated, but I am home. It is still a mess in here, but I had to get the laptop online before I do anything else. After all got to keep my priorities straight! Ended up costing me $100 to rent the U-Haul truck instead of $63 like last time, and I even put less miles on it. However, U-Haul pulls the old motel/hotel trick and on the weekends, they charge $29.95 for their trucks instead of $19.95 and they charge 99 cents a mile instead of 59 cents.

Think I will spend the weekend getting everything setup and put where I want it. Also going to have to complain about the back windows. I cannot open them, to get a cross breeze in here. One has no screen, so I am guess they had a window AC in there at one time. However, the other one has a screen, but I still cannot open it. Well check tomorrow to see if it has one of those window locks on it. Anyway I am a happy camper!

Jim

Old 07-25-2015, 01:08 AM
FI460
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great to hear Jim .

I got signed up at my new school today. 6 hours of lab a week . I'm excited.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:34 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

6 hours a week? How you going to learn anything?

Jim

Old 07-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Sparky2531
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning NorCal...Jim, I'm glad to hear that you've moved in. It must feel good. Enjoy.

Working on re-sealing the road. The paving guys I talked to wanted $2500.00 to seal about 450 ft. and they would just spray it with a watered down sealer. Way cheaper to do it ourselves, and use the material full strength. Thank goodness the weather is cooperating with cooler temps.

Hope you all have a great day.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:48 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Good luck with your sealer job Sparky.

I am working on enjoying my new place, and eventually might actually get up and start putting things away.

Jim

Old 07-25-2015, 04:59 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Glad to Hear Jim, always nice to use your own Toilet I mean Internet too. Stay Hydrated my friend, On that note My Dad has been admitted into ER for the last Month 7 times mostly Hydration, he has a G-tube in his stomach and the ball on the Inside has closed letting very little fluid's and his can food mix into his system , he went back in last night again for loss of Vision , had a nice long talk with his Nurse because they were going to release him but after my war path rant , they decide to keep him and do more test's. sorry for Novel but just saying, I'm Arizona Bound Monday Morning Early. Hopefully my little Internet pack still works because Dads house consent's of old rerun westerns ( not bad for a while) but I need current activity and maybe some red heads well ( dish water Blond)

Quick Reply: July 2015 All topic thread