Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

July Chat Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 07:28 AM
GTFun06
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice camping Jason! We went tent camping in May before it got too hot... looks nearly like an identical place. In fact I even have pics with my black lab sitting there lol. Now that it's basically 100 in the day and barely getting below 80 at night... I don't think I can tent camp. We used to (pre-kids) be able to go for Fri night - Sun afternoon. Nowadays, it feels like too much work for that short of time. Now it's like we need minimum of 4 days to really enjoy the time and make all the prep and cleanup worthwhile.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:31 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,884 Likes on 1,137 Posts
Yeah, I'm not doing 80 at nite without AC!!! It's mid 60's at nite here still.

We pack different levels of stuff for longer or shorter trips and I use kid slave labor to set up and break down camp! If they complain, I tell them everyone needs stuff to tell their therapist later in life.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:09 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
[QUOTE= I tell them everyone needs stuff to tell their therapist later in life. [/QUOTE]

That is so funny but so true. When has anyone ever came out and said my parents raised me right I just refused to be a model citizen, it's always someones else's fault.

Today was my last mission outside the wire!!! The General that I advise gave me a going away plaque. I have also attached a pic of the plaque and me and the 2 interpreters that we use. Tomorrow I start turning in some of my gear in perpetration on getting the heck out of here!!

Attached Images    
Old 07-14-2015, 09:00 AM
GTFun06
Senior User
Congrats Chief!!

You would probably be able to answer this. Would you say (Very generally speaking) that the citizens of Afghanistan and Iraq, etc... are glad to have our Troops there and helping - not only to stabilize but just to teach and be a stable influence (vs crazy terrorists...)? I ask because the liberal media and our classy President would really like us to believe contrary to that...and that we should not be interfering with all these foreign Countries, as the people don't want us there. Give us your thoughts as someone who has "Been there and done that"... And as always, Thank you for your service!!!!

Old 07-14-2015, 10:59 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I would say that yes a majority of the average citizen's do want us here. Kabul has about 7 million people and below is a snapshot of a daily way of life here. Fresh meat is hung out outside with no refrigeration. Trash is thrown in a pile on the sidewalk and maybe once a week a garbage truck picks it up. Not put in a trash can just thrown on the street. The rivers and canals all smell like raw sewage, because they are.

Attached Images      
Old 07-14-2015, 09:31 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Congratulations Chief. Be safe, Godspeed, and I know you are ready to come back to civilization, and spend time with the family.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:17 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Chief
Let me know when you get to Benning and we can get together .

I think for us all getting together to pull parts we should postpone till after Labor day. Hopefully it will cool of some by then.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:28 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Will do,
Yea it's hot as snot here too. It has been over 100 the last 3 days but we don't have the humidity. I don't want to hear it's a dry heat, it still is horrible.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:56 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Will do,
Yea it's hot as snot here too. It has been over 100 the last 3 days but we don't have the humidity. I don't want to hear it's a dry heat, it still is horrible.
Actually that heat is more dangerous than our heat. Without the humidity the air wicks the sweat away so there is a greater chance to overheat. You get to come home commerical or Air Force?

Old 07-17-2015, 11:49 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
From what I can tell It will be Air Force from here to Kuwait, Contract civilian from Kuwait to Texas and civilian from Texas to Atlanta. I ate something that didn't agree with me and I was sick as a dog yesterday. I got my clearance paperwork today and started the checkout process!!!

Old 07-17-2015, 12:15 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
From what I can tell It will be Air Force from here to Kuwait, Contract civilian from Kuwait to Texas and civilian from Texas to Atlanta. I ate something that didn't agree with me and I was sick as a dog yesterday. I got my clearance paperwork today and started the checkout process!!!
yea on being a short timer

sucks on eating the dog or goat that mad you sick

Old 07-21-2015, 09:22 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Whoop!!
Feeling much better and I am almost packed and more than ready to get out of here. Hope everyone is doing good.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:31 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Glad you're feeling better Chief, its my second day back at the shop after vacation and I'm ready to head back to Blueridge again.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:32 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,884 Likes on 1,137 Posts
Originally Posted by Southern Bronco
Glad you're feeling better Chief, its my second day back at the shop after vacation and I'm ready to head back to Blueridge again.
Still haven't needed to use AC at my house.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:26 AM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
[QUOTE=SkySkiJason;15517446]Still haven't needed to use AC at my house. [/QUOTE

Lucky you. AC is working over time down here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: July Chat Thread