Old 06-29-2015, 08:00 PM
edtahaney
FTE Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-29-2015, 08:35 PM
His/Hers 6.0s
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's the only car maker I could see wanting to own literally everything they make. Haters gonna hate, but the blue oval builds nice cars and trucks

Old 06-30-2015, 01:54 AM
justabigham
New User
Is Ford Heading in the Right Direction? - Ford-Trucks.com

My first for truck was a 1982 F150 new from factory

#2 was a 1996 F250

#3 was a 1999 Ranger

#4 is a 2010 F150

"Is Ford Heading in the Right Direction?"

While I appreciate very much Fords standing in the world and not taking the government bailout, I have questions which makes me wonder if Ford is going in the right direction.

What the heck happened to the Ranger? Seems to be selling great in other parts of the world

What happened to the diesel F150?

What's up with aluminum engine blocks and bodies on the F150?

What's up with the huge ugly grill on the new F150?

Old 06-30-2015, 06:48 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Yes, Ford is heading in the right direction. However, the technology that is being used inside the vehicle is lacking the same quality and ease of use as many other car builders. That is hurting Ford's overall quality ratings and adding to the number of initial defects. These are all numbers that potential customers look at.

I'd love to see Ford bring more manufacturing back to the USA. Made in America and assembled in America aren't the same.

With the complexity of new cars I'd love to see Ford revise it's warranty program and offer longer powertrain warranties. Clearly the 5 year 100K mile warranty offered by GM and Ram aren't helping them outsell Ford trucks but it would help to seal the deal for many potential buyers on the fence. I was thinking something along the lines of 72 months or 100K miles. That would make me feel much better about buying a first year run of a new product.

IMHO if Ford brought a diesel engine into the fold they would make many a buyer very happy. It's well recognized that the ecoboost is here to stay. I have a first gen ecoboost F-150 and have had no issues. However, a diesel would level the playing field. Knowing that it would be a low volume seller, Ford should offer it in the entire F-150 line up.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:20 AM
robtrucker
New User
v8

I just can't get past the sound of a v6. Does not seem to be anything they can do to get them sounding nice except make them really quiet.. Please add a couple cylinders to the Eco boost and put a diesel in the F150..

Old 06-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Hoffmanc3
New User
Where's the beef??

Ford is most definitely not heading in the right direction. What the heck is this new eco boost 2.7L ???? While it may put down some impressive numbers on paper it's still only 2.7 L's. Why not slap some Eco boost technology on the 5.0? Or 6.2? I understand emissions restrictions and government crap restricting you but let's get serious. Eco boost a 5.0 and watch GM and Ram run screaming. And only 1 V8 option and several 6 options? You brought back the 5.0..... Let's see the 5.8 make its way back. Big displacement made this country. Or if you wanna stick to 6 cylinders..... 4.9 inline 6 monster with some added twin turbos and direct injection.
Manual transmissions??? Where did they go. Make them a option at least. Oh... And get rid of that big ugly grill.... It's not impressing anyone. And most recently there has been a niche for vehicles that resurrected from the glory days. The Mustangs, the challenger. The 5.0, the hemi, the stingray. How about unveiling a pick up that looks like the most iconic ford pickup out there. The 79 high boy. Solid front, beefy suspension, and let's see a Eco boost 351 or 6.2 under the hood and a manual trans option with super low first gear. Can you say buh bye power wagon??

Old 06-30-2015, 09:22 AM
Marl85
New User
Happy with ford

I belive the direction ford is moving in is right right way. I own a 99 crown victory and it's been awesome for me and I just got a 2015 f150 xl with a 5 liter. I love the new truck I found it was a better fit for me then the Chevy dodge and toyota. I appreciate the quality of the new truck here in new England rust kills your vehicle so my hats off to ford for the new aluminum bodys

Old 06-30-2015, 10:02 AM
Alexz265
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Ford is heading in the right direction. But I unfortunately don't like that direction. I have a 2014 5.0 and a 1979 460 and I can see that small displacement, turbocharged, high reving v6s and i4s are the future. Its the only way to meet emissions standards. That said, it seems like there are fewer options. Ford and other automakers now offer packages and make it a hassle to order individual options. So they can't run a manual in an F150 for emissions but they can behind the 5.0 in a Mustang? I get take rate, fleet sales, emissions, blah, blah. They have done the r&d on a computer with a manual, the Mustang is proof. That R&D argument is BS. If the take rate is so low, then me and the other few guys ordering trucks with manuals shouldn't impact their CAFE numbers. I say the right direction but they should offer more options.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Idont want a newF150
New User
No. Every day at work, i see all this brand new fancy *** technology in vehicles, sometimes there is just too much, other times it isn't applied in the right direction.

Ford does not care what we want, they could care less. All they want is as much of our money as possible, and they do this by adding so much useless luxury garbage in these trucks to jack up the price so much that holding onto this truck for more then a few years will burn a serious hole in your wallet due to how quickly it loses it's value, unless you trade it into a dealership and buy another overpriced 4x4 crewcrap cadillac. (and I should add the most common used vehicle we detail is a 2-4 year old F-150 with 20k-50k miles on it).

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FORD COULD NOT MAKE A COMPACT PICKUP THAT GETS 35MPG HIGHWAY, jesus christ they could also add a 4-door version so you get more seats per tire. (and dont even ****ing start with the diesel stickshift ranger sold all around the world). Didnt that N/A 2.0 diesel they had in rangers in the early 80's get similar MPG? Slower then **** sure, but with todays diesel technology that wouldnt even be an issue, that 3.2 I5 would be perfect for us, a smaller 2.X I4 would be great as well, with better MPG I would guess as well. And as far as gas engines, Ford has a large number of I4 and V6 engines, turbocharged or not, to choose from.

If Ford really cared about fuel efficiency, they could make a compact truck that does 70-80% of what an F-150 could do, and still get great economy. But to them, a vehicle without excessive amounts of bells and whistles is a smaller profit margin, and of course if they make a vehicle that is TOO good, people might hold onto them for longer, and not trade in as often, leading to Ford not making as much money...

Old 07-11-2015, 02:03 AM
SDDL-UP
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Ford is headed in the WRONG direction. All their eggs in the EcoBoost basket? I'll take a Ram if I need to! My next truck WILL be V8 powered.

Imagine the cost or repairing an EcoBoost that is out of warranty. What $1,500 for a turbo, a couple of pistons, a cylinder head and two turbos... $8,000? I honestly don't know. I will not be the guy buy a new truck and five years later discover an engine replacement is $12,000. Modern vehicles are expensive enough and the EcoBoost is probably TWICE the cost to repair of a Chevy or Ram.

Wrong direction... EcoBoost, EcoBoost, EcoBoost, fake V8 engine sounds. The V6 EcoBoost might be a little shorter - obviously, but lighter - a FEW pounds maybe, more fuel efficient? NOT. Selling a lot of hype for a massively more complicated and expensive engine. I bleed Ford blue, but I'm not afraid to call it like I see it either. I hope they can turn it around, and I'm not saying ditch the EcoBoost, but ditch the fake sounds, and keep the V8's around and available for the consumer. Ford has some GREAT V8's right now and needs to keep them around!

Old 07-12-2015, 07:21 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nope . wrong wheel drive in just about everything they manufacture , ecoboost turds under the hood , especially the v6 , and the styling is FUGLY !!!!! they all look like a dain whale shark running around with it's mouth agape to scoop up food . not too mention that as i have been looking at newer cars and trucks for my next " beater " they are just way overpriced . criminy a new ecoturd powered truck costs as much as as my house did when i bought it !!!!!! i'm straying away from my favorite maker as i just can't stand them anymore !!! if i have to settle for a wrong wheel drive little car for the beater i'm going italian and considering a fiat 500 . at least the styling is somewhat digestible ..................... this is of course till i get my 53 effie back together , you know a real v8 ( albeit a flathead ) powered made of steel vehicle .