Sponsored by:

Opinion on Mirror Upgrade!

Old 06-28-2015, 08:19 PM
nagetech
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy everyone!!!

Ok, so I have my '02 Excursion Limited and I Feel it's time to burn some $ and do something to her

I always wanted to upgrade her to have the same mirrors as my 2011 F250 and I may have just found a good option.

For 99 02 Ford F250 Super Duty Side Mirror Power Heated Tow Towing Mirrors Pair | eBay

My truck has Power Mirrors and are heated. Pretty Simple but I am happy with that

Those above mirrors from what I can tell come with the plugs for both power and the heated option. That is great!!! No splicing!

I did research 1Auto Mirrors, and while they do look awesome, they do not seem to have the plug for the heated mirror option. I know it's not a big deal, but I really don't want to splice into anything or rig in my own wires. I know know -1 Point on my man card.

What do you guys think? LIsting says it is for 99-02 F250, but From what I've gathered Excursion = F250's SUV cousin

Looking forward to hearing your input.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:27 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I have 1AAuto mirrors on my '02 limited, power, heat and turnsignal all plug and play. Only thing i had to add a wire for is the marker lights as the '02 was not wired for it. otherwise plug them in and go, the heated function works wonderfully and both sections are heated which is a huge plus!

The older Ex's had two plugs but 02-up has one rectangle plug fyi.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:38 PM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I concur, 1A and mine were plug and play with heat.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:21 AM
nagetech
Tuned
Thanks for the response guys!!

This is where I'm a little confused, I could have sworn somewhere in my reserach i saw the '02 Excursions had the 2 plugs. The Round one and the other one for the heated mirrors. I know i can open up my door panel and look in there and double check but can you guys confirm all '02's had the square plug? Cause if so oh man that would be a delight!

Old 06-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Patriotic Rottweiler
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a 05 EX with heated tow mirrors and I ordered the 08 and newer heated tow mirrors from 1A Auto. When they arrived they came with a small adapter plug that I did not need as the plugs on the new mirrors worked (plug n play) on my Ex. The adapters I believe were to be used with older trucks (not sure).

Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Patriotic Rottweiler
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Here is a pic of the round plug end.

Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2015, 06:45 AM
JuanHuevos
I'm still around...mostly

Originally Posted by Patriotic Rottweiler
Here is a pic of the round plug end.
Keep in mind that those adapters only support movement of the mirrors. There would need to be an additional dongle coming off the rectangular plug to support mirror heat. And in the older trucks (like mine, I have a 2000) there's no wiring for the lights. Those have to be run yourself. I bought the correct pins for the rectangular plug and ran my own wires.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:25 AM
brookieslayer
Senior User
Originally Posted by JuanHuevos
Keep in mind that those adapters only support movement of the mirrors. There would need to be an additional dongle coming off the rectangular plug to support mirror heat. And in the older trucks (like mine, I have a 2000) there's no wiring for the lights. Those have to be run yourself. I bought the correct pins for the rectangular plug and ran my own wires.

Where were you able to source the pins?

Old 06-30-2015, 08:53 AM
nagetech
Tuned
I did see that the 1auto ones come with the round to square adapters, which is great! But I do have the heated mirrors so I know that is a separate dongle all together. I liked the ebay listing becuase it looks like it has everything I need. IF i get the 1auto ones, I'm concerned it will not come with the heated mirror adapter/dongle part and I really don't want to splice wires in.

Guessing I'm not hearing a lot of support for getting the ebay ones?

Old 06-30-2015, 12:35 PM
X-Hibition
Elder User
I can tell you one thing you will really appreciate after you add the TT mirrors, and that is this: C-Betr Mirror Set :: C-Betr Mirrors :: QWorks Corporation
Icing on the cake.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:52 PM
nagetech
Tuned
Thanks for the share

Old 06-30-2015, 01:28 PM
holeshotwalt
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by X-Hibition
I can tell you one thing you will really appreciate after you add the TT mirrors, and that is this: C-Betr Mirror Set :: C-Betr Mirrors :: QWorks Corporation
Icing on the cake.
But he's looking at the 08 and up style mirrors, the C-Betr only says up to 07...besides the 08 style is supposed to be the best thing since push-up bras...

Old 06-30-2015, 01:40 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by nagetech
I did see that the 1auto ones come with the round to square adapters, which is great! But I do have the heated mirrors so I know that is a separate dongle all together. I liked the ebay listing becuase it looks like it has everything I need. IF i get the 1auto ones, I'm concerned it will not come with the heated mirror adapter/dongle part and I really don't want to splice wires in.

Guessing I'm not hearing a lot of support for getting the ebay ones?

I think you are slightly confused. 2002 and UP does NOT have two plugs. heat, power and turn signals are all in ONE rectangle connector. Only earlier 00-01 Ex's have 2 separate round plugs.

My 2002 has the rectangle plug with everything in ONE plug, the same as my 2004 had.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:59 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,075 Likes on 554 Posts
I'm a bit vague on the exact plug setup, but I do know the heat and movement were plug and play on my 2000 using the 1Aauto mirrors and the adapter they sent. I did have to run wires for the lights. Had them for 2 years now and they are very good quality!

Old 06-30-2015, 05:47 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by X-Hibition
Icing on the cake.
C-Betr's only work with the older tow mirrors, not the '08 and up mirrors. And while the C-Betr's are good, they can't hold a candle to the '08+ mirrors.

Those things are, well.....

Originally Posted by holeshotwalt
...besides the 08 style is supposed to be the best thing since push-up bras...
There ya go!

Stewart

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinion on Mirror Upgrade!