Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Finally bought my truck... 2013 Limited!

Old 07-01-2015, 07:37 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by the_auto_tech
All 13-14 Limiteds had the Ecoboost in them. Upside to the 13 is it always had 3.73's, they were optional for the 14. Also, the 13 has the red interior, 14 has blue. Pictures should be coming later today since it's finally not raining here. lol
You know what you are right...I looked at that exact same limited when I started looking for trucks (it also had the red interior...not my style) and the other reason why I did not want it was because of the super low payload.

Hope you are happy with your truck...the egoboost is really fun to drive!

Old 07-01-2015, 11:26 AM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The payload isn't that much lower than the other trucks, 1300 I think. I believe the other trucks are like 1800. I plan on doing air bags on the back anyways, so it's a moot point. The thing rides beautifully though.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Old truck:

Old 07-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Congrats, man!! I'm also interested in a mild level and more aggressive tire. I like the idea of keeping the 22s, but I had no qualms selling them & going to 20s or even 18s. Let's keep in touch on this if you don't mind. My requirements are that it still fit in my garage after mods, so I can't go too high anyway.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Izzy351
I like the idea of keeping the 22s, but I had no qualms selling them & going to 20s or even 18s.
Trucks should have more sidewall than rim As it is my 18s are pushing it

Jokes

Old 07-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Robbgt
Trucks should have more sidewall than rim As it is my 18s are pushing it

Jokes
LOL... I know what you mean, bro...

Old 07-01-2015, 01:45 PM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Congrats, man!! I'm also interested in a mild level and more aggressive tire. I like the idea of keeping the 22s, but I had no qualms selling them & going to 20s or even 18s. Let's keep in touch on this if you don't mind. My requirements are that it still fit in my garage after mods, so I can't go too high anyway.
The yellow truck had a 4.5" lift on 35's which got old after a couple years. Having to jump up into it along with trying to lift the kids into it sucked. Also, it made the bed much less accessible. The 35's were pretty damn heavy and along with the lift dropped the MPG's by 3. Also, hooking up to any normal trailer sucked because the truck was always too tall. Even with a 6" drop hitch most trailers were still a bit *** low. I'm ready for something that works every day all the time instead of something that just works when I want it to be loud and cool.

IMO, 20's are going to be where its at. If you've seen any of the FX4's with the 20's you'll know what I'm talking about. I don't think a Limited can pull off the small wheel with a meaty tire without some flares or something and honestly the flares were the one thing I put on the old truck that I did not really like and was going to remove. If I did a 2.5" leveling kit and 33's that would give me 3.5" of lift front and 1" in the rear. The factory tires are 31's from what I've measured. Also, I love how the truck rides now so I don't want a wobbly tall tire or a stiff suspension system with ****ty springs and shocks.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:41 PM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, I was finally able to sell my F-250 and found a new truck. 2013 Limited - 70k miles, White Platinum Tri-Coat, and tail gate step. Came with an Extang Solid Fold bed cover and Bed Rug along with factory rubber floor mats. CarFax came up as 1 owner and was registered as a fleet vehicle. It was delivered from 4.5 hours away and filled with gas upon delivery for NADA rough trade in price. I was able to do an inspection on it and mechanically all it needs is tires. I also installed a new pair of wipers too as they were smearing.

So, at this point I'm trying to decide if I want to lift it, change wheels, etc. I've debated keeping the 22's and putting a more aggressive tire on it with a leveling kit. Anyone on here have pictures of their Lariat, Platinum, or Limited with suspension and wheel/tire mods?

Welcome to the World of Limited's. I am almost ecstatic about my new '14 Limited. I'm sure you're proud of your 2013 as well. I like your wheels better.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:51 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
The payload isn't that much lower than the other trucks, 1300 I think. I believe the other trucks are like 1800. I plan on doing air bags on the back anyways, so it's a moot point. The thing rides beautifully though.
A moot point as far as what? Air bags are not going to help payload...just keep your truck from sagging by leveling the load when loaded and help with stability. If you really don't tow anything you are right is doesn't matter. 500 lbs payload was huge for me since I am looking to get a 1/2 ton towable 5th wheel.

Boy I bet you never lost your truck in the parking lot being yellow huh?
So how does it feel to drive the egoboost?? Are you loving it or is it still growing on you?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:01 AM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by PrinceValium
A moot point as far as what? Air bags are not going to help payload...just keep your truck from sagging by leveling the load when loaded and help with stability. If you really don't tow anything you are right is doesn't matter. 500 lbs payload was huge for me since I am looking to get a 1/2 ton towable 5th wheel.

Boy I bet you never lost your truck in the parking lot being yellow huh?
So how does it feel to drive the egoboost?? Are you loving it or is it still growing on you?

A moot point as in I got tired of trying to find a 13 Platinum in White Platinum with black interior and Max Tow and Ecoboost for a decent price. Everyone one of them I found was a good 5k+ more than the truck I bought. I'm more content at this point with putting air bags on the back with a controller since the kits are relatively cheap now. I don't really tow a lot either and I only run scrap every couple months, so it's not a big deal. I guess for me if I was going to be buying a travel trailer and pulling a 5th wheel I'd have gone with the Heavy Duty payload package and Max Tow on an XLT. It's just that I haul enough car parts and used tires and scrap that I need a truck but just don't need a super capable truck.

Yea, it was always easy to spot that truck, that's for sure. I don't miss it though. It drove like utter crap compared to this truck. Felt like I was driving a dump truck all the time. The ride unloaded sucked, it wasn't good until you had about 2000 pounds in the bed. Also, taking forever to warm up in the winter and the gelling gets really old. I'm fine with not having a diesel again unless I truly need it.

I like the Ecoboost a lot. I've got a 13 Limited EB Flex as well and that's most of the reason why I bought an Ecoboost truck. It's like having the low end torque of the diesel but without all the noise or diesel maintenance and issues.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:13 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
A moot point as in I got tired of trying to find a 13 Platinum in White Platinum with black interior and Max Tow and Ecoboost for a decent price. Everyone one of them I found was a good 5k+ more than the truck I bought. I'm more content at this point with putting air bags on the back with a controller since the kits are relatively cheap now. I don't really tow a lot either and I only run scrap every couple months, so it's not a big deal. I guess for me if I was going to be buying a travel trailer and pulling a 5th wheel I'd have gone with the Heavy Duty payload package and Max Tow on an XLT. It's just that I haul enough car parts and used tires and scrap that I need a truck but just don't need a super capable truck.

Yea, it was always easy to spot that truck, that's for sure. I don't miss it though. It drove like utter crap compared to this truck. Felt like I was driving a dump truck all the time. The ride unloaded sucked, it wasn't good until you had about 2000 pounds in the bed. Also, taking forever to warm up in the winter and the gelling gets really old. I'm fine with not having a diesel again unless I truly need it.

I like the Ecoboost a lot. I've got a 13 Limited EB Flex as well and that's most of the reason why I bought an Ecoboost truck. It's like having the low end torque of the diesel but without all the noise or diesel maintenance and issues.
Great! Let the upgrades begin!

Old 07-02-2015, 01:04 PM
the_auto_tech
Posting Guru
Definitely. First plan is suspension/wheels/tires workover since it is close to needing new tires. Drivetrain and brakes seemed plenty solid so I'll wait to go through that. Thinking of doing just a leveling kit with some 20's and 33's.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:59 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
photos....we need photos!

Old 07-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Definitely. First plan is suspension/wheels/tires workover since it is close to needing new tires. Drivetrain and brakes seemed plenty solid so I'll wait to go through that. Thinking of doing just a leveling kit with some 20's and 33's.
Looking forward to hearing & seeing how this turns out. To be honest, what I hear from you will likely steer me in one direction or another. I'm pretty decent working on vehicles, but I know the least about suspension stuff. Just never had to deal with it, since all my trucks have been 2wd up until now, and I have never had a suspension issue that required my attention...

Old 07-04-2015, 09:48 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Ok Cody....you are way past due for photos!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally bought my truck... 2013 Limited!