2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017 Info....post it here as you find it

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 03:29 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by George C
Frantz, don't waste your breath..

XXOO Georgie. Oh wait, I thought you had me blocked? LOL.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:38 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Every body panel from 10 to 11 was different. Change one line in a fender or the entire fender shape and it results in the same thing. A completely new panel. The interiors were also different with no parts interchanging. Both the gas and diesel motors were brand new with the diesel now being built in house. Designing and building a new diesel from scratch is a far bigger undertaking than switching to aluminum. That is what I am talking about. And my name is Rodney not Karl. It's a pleasure to meet you Andre... or do you go by aorizexcursion?
They did not have to retool the plant for that, Rodney. For the F150's retool, the plant didn't even look the same afterwards: http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...ed-f-150-plant

And you can call me whatever you want

Old 09-19-2015, 03:39 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Additionally, changing a fender line or putting a new interior doesn't cost a few hundred million dollars either.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:42 PM
System
Prolocutor
No one said anything about price or factory appearance. How long did it take? That's a real question. I don't know...

And you skipped over the new 6.7 part. I bet that cost a bit and took some time no?

Old 09-19-2015, 04:15 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
"The process took about 10 weeks. " From the linked article.

The 6.7 isn't produced at the Kentucky Truck Plant. They did not have to shut down the Kentucky plant for 10 weeks and spend a few hundred million to retool for a new engine that's produced in Mexico: Ford Ready to Start 6.7-liter Power Stroke V-8 Diesel Production - PickupTrucks.com News

Old 09-19-2015, 04:21 PM
George C
Cargo Master
Received 504 Likes on 294 Posts
XXOO Georgie. Oh wait, I thought you had me blocked? LOL.

Roddie, I'm entertained by clowns.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:21 PM
w6pea
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 09-19-2015, 04:23 PM
w6pea
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jonrjen
If you stop that video at the 12 second mark you can easily see that the wrap has been extended to meet the headache rack and is not an extension of the truck cab. Check out the roof line and you can see the roll of the rear of the cab under the wrap. The wrap also looks to flare out and upward to meet the flatbed and headache rack.
I quoted the wrong post before. I really don't think they did what you said.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:27 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
So if you want to continue to believe that a simple refresh to an existing platform rivals a 10 week long, $843 million retooling investment for an entirely new product without providing any facts like I have, so be it

Old 09-19-2015, 04:27 PM
George C
Cargo Master
Retooling and updating?
Actually, the pre 15' 6.7l is a pile of junk. The emissions systems was light years ahead of the 100% EGR the Naviastar 6.4l was saddles with, but the new Ford designed engine was a major downgrade.

Yeah, it may be adequate for those who do not tune, but it has poor rail volume, weak rods, serious elevation power issues, uplift pump volume weaknesses, a weak turbo which was a poor design right out of the gate and injectors that are extremely limited.
The average guy will never know the difference, but the 15' and up engine is a totally different animal that is finally worthy of the Ford namesake.

I'll tell you one thing, I just brought home a new GMC 2500HD Denali, and Yukon Denali. I'll have a new Super Duty KR on order when the order banks open. Ford does have a little competition. The cab quietness on the GMC is phenonomal.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:38 PM
System
Prolocutor

Roddie, you're a funny little man..

You off the meds again George or just need another hug? Either way, I'm your huckleberry...

Old 09-19-2015, 04:41 PM
George C
Cargo Master
You off the meds again George or just need another hug? Either way, I'm your huckleberry...
Rod, you just like to weirdly Internet fight with people. Why is that?

Old 09-19-2015, 04:43 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by aortizexcursion
"The process took about 10 weeks. " From the linked article.
10 weeks to retool is not an assurance of a Q3 release. However, if you go back and read my posts, I never said that guess was wrong. I just pointed out it was a guess. I also have a guess. Neither are worth a hill of horse manure but somehow people get very riled up backing up their guesses on the net. Keyboard warriors as it were.

For me, if it comes out before towing season, I'll order this spring. If it is indeed an August/Sept delivery, I'll wait for the following spring as it's no fun in New England to get a new truck right before the roads go to crap and the salt starts being spread. Either way, I'm happy.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:46 PM
System
Prolocutor
Rod, you just like to weirdly Internet fight with people. Why is that?
George, you've debated more people on in the 2017 section of this board in your short time on FTE than any other member has done on every other section combined. I guess you need to prove something. Most just let you shoot your mouth off and laugh at you. I find joy in giving it back to you.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:53 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
10 weeks to retool is not an assurance of a Q3 release. However, if you go back and read my posts, I never said that guess was wrong. I just pointed out it was a guess. I also have a guess. Neither are worth a hill of horse manure but somehow people get very riled up backing up their guesses on the net. Keyboard warriors as it were.

For me, if it comes out before towing season, I'll order this spring. If it is indeed an August/Sept delivery, I'll wait for the following spring as it's no fun in New England to get a new truck right before the roads go to crap and the salt starts being spread. Either way, I'm happy.
Don't shift the argument and change the conversation.

You're saying that the '11 refresh is on the same scale as the complete redesign in terms of retooling and downtime and I took exception to that -- What I'm telling you is that they are on completely different planes.

Unless you can prove that the '11 refresh required similar levels of retooling and down time like the retooling for the new Super Duty will require, I recommend you stop spewing the word vomit.

Quick Reply: 2017 Info....post it here as you find it