1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Belle wins Gold!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belle wins Gold!

OK so not quite gold...but she did win. We took her to Prescott about 60 miles away for her first car show since we completed the engine swap. She performed flawlessly and she won! She has been to shows before but has never received the attention she did yesterday. People would walk by and give her a casual once over then stop in their tracks when they realized something was very different. Lots of photos and quite a few trying to get under her to see how it was done. Yesterday was hot, upper 90s but the show was great with 200 cars in attendance. I took Orreo and Lois drove Belle we had 2 other friends with us one with a 57 Chev and the other with a 34 Ford show car, we all ended up going home with trophies and I won a couple nice door prizes as well. Couldn't ask for a better day.

Lois and Belle with their first win.

It was a clean sweep with all four of us winning. We had to wait for all the other cars to leave so we could load the 34 in it's trailer and work on a brake light problem with the 57.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:59 PM
pbsdaddy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 970 Likes on 864 Posts
Well, if you're going to do it, you might as well do it big! Nice job. Some great looking rides too.

Old 06-21-2015, 02:39 PM
drptop70ss
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Great job!
I really like the wide steel wheels and small caps, fits the truck's style perfectly. Do you have any pics of the 56? That is a friend of mine's favorite car and I am trying to locate one for him. I know zip about fords so it would be nice to know what I am looking for!

Old 06-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
Sounds like a great day. Congrats to all. Great rides there.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:39 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Rite on, rite on, that must have been one beautiful caravan driving to and from the show. Congratulations on the wins. I would never have the confidence to put mine in a show but your truck looks perfect, mine not so much, but heck I've only been working on it for 14/15 years now LOL. Seriously though winning is quite an honor congratulations.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Rite on, rite on, that must have been one beautiful caravan driving to and from the show. Congratulations on the wins. I would never have the confidence to put mine in a show but your truck looks perfect, mine not so much, but heck I've only been working on it for 14/15 years now LOL. Seriously though winning is quite an honor congratulations.
Belle is far from perfect even now but she is perfect for the job intended and that is to enjoy. Lois has been taking her to shows for a couple years now and this is the first win. At all the shows people have always enjoyed seeing her and that is the best part. For us shows are a great place to catch up with old friends and meet new, anything else is a pleasant surprise. When you have the opportunity take your truck to a show, you may be surprised at the reaction you get.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:11 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Congrats !!! .
I too also placed in the top 10 at an open show Father' Day .Bottle of wine & 2 glasses was the prize . Show was at a winery . Way to hot 94 deg.Took the ezup & saved the day .Truck ran like a well oiled Singer .

Old 06-21-2015, 06:18 PM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by firstrider
Congrats !!! .
I too also placed in the top 10 at an open show Father' Day .Bottle of wine & 2 glasses was the prize . Show was at a winery . Way to hot 94 deg.Took the ezup & saved the day .Truck ran like a well oiled Singer .
Congrats on the win. From what I have seen of your truck it is well deserved. 94 in Fl would be hot, bet you had a lot more humidity.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by drptop70ss
Great job!
I really like the wide steel wheels and small caps, fits the truck's style perfectly. Do you have any pics of the 56? That is a friend of mine's favorite car and I am trying to locate one for him. I know zip about fords so it would be nice to know what I am looking for!
The 56 is a Ford Fairlane Victoria. It was built as a 312CI power steering, power brake and power window car, rare for the day. I bought it about 5 years ago in excellent condition. When I tore the engine down a few years ago for a rebuild I found the crank had never been turned undesize, still hasn't. We have put on 10,000 trouble free miles since then. Here are a couple photos.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Bluey Zedoff
Laughing Gas
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
You have a handsome family of vehicles! Congrats!

Old 06-21-2015, 11:26 PM
ZFLASH
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats, nice rides. L8R ZFLASH

Old 06-22-2015, 09:04 AM
ChuckRob
Elder User
Congrats on your wins Mike. We had a lot of fun at the show but wow it sure was hot. Upper 90's just is not like Prescott but it beats the 115 mark that it was in the valley. We spent most of the show parked under the easy up with a lot of the locals stopping to visit, got all caught up with all the current sea stories and fairy tales. Sure did appreciate that Vintage Air on the ride home. Belle looked great you did a fine job.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:48 AM
edzakory
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations on your win; that’s one fine looking truck and green is my favorite color.
Prescott has quite a few car enthusiasts; many have relocated from So. Cal. I’ve been to a few of their garages. The number and quality of their vehicles is mind blowing.
Love the ‘56 Ford. It was the first car I owned and the one I learned many of my mechanical skills. I put a 312 in it that I bought at a junkyard for $25. I loved the sound of the Y block but was constantly working on the engine. I painted the car 1954 Cadillac Arlington Metallic Chrome Green. Had it until ’69 when Uncle Sam took me away.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ChuckRob
Congrats on your wins Mike. We had a lot of fun at the show but wow it sure was hot. Upper 90's just is not like Prescott but it beats the 115 mark that it was in the valley. We spent most of the show parked under the easy up with a lot of the locals stopping to visit, got all caught up with all the current sea stories and fairy tales. Sure did appreciate that Vintage Air on the ride home. Belle looked great you did a fine job.
It was good talking to you Chuck. That easy-up sure looked inviting but I actually handled the heat pretty good. Was a tad warm on the way home though.

Originally Posted by edzakory
Congratulations on your win; that’s one fine looking truck and green is my favorite color.
Prescott has quite a few car enthusiasts; many have relocated from So. Cal. I’ve been to a few of their garages. The number and quality of their vehicles is mind blowing.
Love the ‘56 Ford. It was the first car I owned and the one I learned many of my mechanical skills. I put a 312 in it that I bought at a junkyard for $25. I loved the sound of the Y block but was constantly working on the engine. I painted the car 1954 Cadillac Arlington Metallic Chrome Green. Had it until ’69 when Uncle Sam took me away.
Green is my favorite too but somehow my wife has ended up with both of our green vehicles. Fortunately my 312 has been very reliable with just normal maintenance required.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:54 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very nice, and two of my favorite vehicles of all time, 56 Victoria and an F1 with the Dagmar front. Both of yours are beautiful! Congratulations on the show win.

Your heat is much different from ours here in Houston. We have been getting low 90's with 99% humidity - unless it is raining. This has been a miserable early summer here in the Houston area...

Quick Reply: Belle wins Gold!