Sponsored by: Moser

Putting carpet down?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Viperfoxbat
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Putting carpet down?

I am considering adding carpet to my 79 f100 custom 2WD 3speed on the colum. My ? Is would I have to take out my beanch seat to add the carpet?
Ther is a rubber type mate that's down ther right now.the kind of floor all you do is hose it right out.also I would like to add sound/ heat shield under it also.
Or should I just add the sound/ heat shield and keep that type of flooring.

I was also considering putting in a new seat or putting in a couple of captain chairs.i have seen a set one one other 79 f100 with a center arm rest
And console that looked nice.but then I was thinking that you do not see many trucks with beanch seats any longer.and I might just put a seat cover on it.
My question is is ther a place that sells leather seat covers?or a solid black seat cover. My beanch seat is descent it has no rips or tares .but it's made of pleather
It looks like leather but it's somthing else.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:53 PM
march
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes you will have to remove the seats.

You can get ACC carpet with a mass load backing. With that and some dynamat type tiles, you can reduce noise quite a bit.

Only you can decide if you want to keep the rubber mat. IMO that's what floor mats are for.

vinyl and vinyl/velour seat covers are readily available. I think for leather you're going to have to look at a custom job.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:50 AM
Viperfoxbat
Senior User
Thanks yea I was thinking that a peace of leather that size would be exspensive.i will look out for a seat cover. And just cover the seat. Instead of changing the seat .i kinda loving the beanch seat.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:20 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
A seat cover is ok but it'll look like a patch job.

Consider reupholstering your bench. It's super easy and can be done in a couple of hours. ... hog rings and a hog ring plier and that bench can look fresh off the assembly line.

Here's what is got lined up for my 70. Buckets are more involved.

Here's my mostly unmolested 71. Way better than the typical saddle blanket but store-boughts are okay if yer cash strapped.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Jchet729
Laughing Gas
Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by HIO Silver
A seat cover is ok but it'll look like a patch job.

Consider reupholstering your bench. It's super easy and can be done in a couple of hours. ... hog rings and a hog ring plier and that bench can look fresh off the assembly line.

Here's what is got lined up for my 70. Buckets are more involved.

Here's my mostly unmolested 71. Way better than the typical saddle blanket but store-boughts are okay if yer cash strapped.

Hio, are those seats/console from a donor vehicle or catalog purchased? My vision for my '78 (if I can ever get the frame done) is buckets and console. I have a nice pair of fox body gt seats in the attic already.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:51 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Jchet729
Hio, are those seats/console from a donor vehicle or catalog purchased? My vision for my '78 (if I can ever get the frame done) is buckets and console. I have a nice pair of fox body gt seats in the attic already.
The buckets are out of a '70 Mustang. I stripped them naked and installed TMI Sport R foams and upholstery. Not very dollar-wise but.. they're cool and period correct for my '70! A comparable option is Scat's Pro Car seats at nearly the same cost which is why I figured staying with 69/70 high backs. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cm.../model/mustang

Fox body seats also look good. Most guys will delete the headrests. They also look in-scale with these relatively cavernous trucks.

The late 80s/early 90s Bronco console was a $15 buy from the salvage yard on a 50% off promo weekend. Here are two versions... the slender one is out of a 96 F150 XLT. I'm plan on going with the boxier one because it'll sit taller and I might be able to use it as somewhat of an armrest.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Viperfoxbat
Senior User
Hio that beanch looks like my truck. I think I will leave the beanch in right now.the owner of the truck before I bought it has a sheet like thing on it.for right now I think I will get a black
One I seen at a parts store for now .i have a Lott of work to do on the electrical side.and new tires and exaust and ect.ect. And littel money.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:00 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Viperfoxbat
Hio that bench looks like my truck. I think I will leave the bench in right now. the owner of the truck before I bought it has a sheet like thing on it.for right now I think I will get a black
One I seen at a parts store for now. i have alot of work to do on the electrical side.and new tires and exhaust and etc, etc. And little money.
Prioritizing is a good thing!