6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

HELP! My 2004 f350 6.0 cranks but wont start

Old 06-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Erilazaro
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! My 2004 f350 6.0 cranks but wont start

My truck ran great when I got to my house that I turned it off and tried turning it on again it wouldnt turn on I check the fuel pump it works I checked the injector if it was getting fuel it was .I'm a stand still got no idea where else to check please help..?any ideas on what to do

Old 06-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. Where are you located?
2. How did you check the fuel going to the injectorS?
3. Do you have anything to read live data? ( Scangauge, Torque Pro, etc)

Old 06-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Erilazaro
New User
Originally Posted by Money-Pit
1. Where are you located?
2. How did you check the fuel going to the injectorS?
3. Do you have anything to read live data? ( Scangauge, Torque Pro, etc)
I loosend the injector to see if diesel with come out once the pump engages I'm in florida and no

Old 06-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Florida is a big state. I'm in between Sarasota and Ft Myers. I could possibly help with some diagnosing tools if you're close by. You should invest in a scantool to read live data from the PCM...Scanguage and the Torque Pro app for Android are popular. There are so many things that will cause a no start on these trucks, and one of those gauge systems will help pinpoint what's wrong.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Poor'it in'her
Senior User
if you energize the truck with the fuel injector out you most likely hydrolocked your your engine!

Old 06-19-2015, 10:22 PM
Erilazaro
New User
Sorry I was working on the truck

Am sorry I was working on the truck trying to figure things out am still against the wall I charged the batteries just to make sure I had the right voltage but I think my problem is going to be electrical am located near fort myers in lehigh at one point I tried cranking it to see what would happen and it acted like it wanted to turn on then it shut down and went back to cracking from what I been told they told mw it can be caused by a malfunctioning fcim but honestly I have no idea I should of gone with a 7.3 haha

Old 06-19-2015, 10:45 PM
Erilazaro
New User
Isn't hydrolocked when water gets in the engine and I did not remove the injector completely just cracked it a little to see if diesel will spit out with the key on the on position without cranking just like I would If for any reason my diesel line would catch air and it wouldn't start..but no worries I just loosend the bolt a little not completely remove it

Old 06-20-2015, 06:38 AM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Erilazaro
Isn't hydrolocked when water gets in the engine and I did not remove the injector completely just cracked it a little to see if diesel will spit out with the key on the on position without cranking just like I would If for any reason my diesel line would catch air and it wouldn't start..but no worries I just loosend the bolt a little not completely remove it
For future reference, it is always better with the 6.0L to do some diagnostic testing with a set of gauges that read live data as you can almost without exception find out why it wont start through the use of these gauges and prevents you from buying unnecessary parts and creates less work and frustration. You should completely remove that injector and replace the orings and the copper crush washer on the tip of the injector because it is a one time deal and there is a good chance it will leak if you don't. You probably have a HPO leak, FICM problems usually show up on a cold engine and HPO leaks on an already hot engine.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:39 AM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
I work near you. If you still need help come Monday, I can swing by and help you figure it out. I saw a dark gray 4 dr truck sitting on the side of hwy 82 yesterday, was that you?

Old 06-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Erilazaro
New User
Hey guys

Today I got the truck to turn on but every time I would try to gas it it would turn off again until now it doesn't turn on again now when I crank it it a sound like it wants to turn on but it doesn't..I wish I could Monday but I work all the time during the week but I really a precise but no luckily the truck broke down at my gf house

Old 06-20-2015, 05:33 PM
Erilazaro
New User
Mustang 309

And be couse I got the engine running does it take the hpo leak out of play

Old 06-20-2015, 05:33 PM
evan1242
Elder User
Today I got the truck to turn on but every time I would try to gas it it would turn off again until now it doesn't turn on again now when I crank it it a sound like it wants to turn on but it doesn't..I wish I could Monday but I work all the time during the week but I really a precise but no luckily the truck broke down at my gf house
there are so many things that can cause this.
really need to go grab a scangauge II from advanced auto parts or else we will be guessing for the most part at this point.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Erilazaro
New User
Yeah am going to have to I know they run about 90 dollars at auto parts are they easy to read and understand

Old 06-20-2015, 05:45 PM
evan1242
Elder User
they are pretty easy to set up once you figure it out.
watch this
also order the scangauge online from advanced auto parts, and choose in store pick up, and use coupon code TRT30 to get $48.00 off.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:07 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
.I wish I could Monday but I work all the time during the week
Ok, let me know if you change your mind.

I work down there but I live 1 1/2 hours away....if it wasn't for that I'd be there this weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP! My 2004 f350 6.0 cranks but wont start