2015 - 2020 F150 Discuss the 2015 - 2020 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Programming Intelligent Access Transmitter (AKA key)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 11:17 AM
WhiteEx
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Programming Intelligent Access Transmitter (AKA key)

I have been trying to program my new high tech Intelligent Access Transmitter to enable it to recall the memory seat position. My owner's manual (Second Printing Feb 2015) states on page 54:

"Linking a PreSet Position to your Remote Control or Intelligent Access Key Fob. See Memory Function on page 143."

I know you guys and gals saw this coming, and... Yes, on Page 143 it says:

"Recalling a PreSet Position: Press and release... blah, blah, blah... You can program a remote entry transmitter to recall a memory setting. See Keys and Remote Control (page 51).

Yep, a loop. Takes me back to my programming days. I haven't had a chance to get to the dealer's with this question.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:55 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I think we might have similar backgrounds. Here's my post on this thread: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15340701

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Glad you started this thread!

I'm struggling with the lane-keeping thing, as I said on my Big Blue thread. So I set the assist to max, which lets me know for sure when it helps me. And, yesterday there was a dead possum in the middle of the road (yeah, I know it was supposed to be a skunk), so I moved into the left lane to miss it. And the truck fought me. Not that I couldn't easily win the battle, but I knew without a doubt that it didn't want me crossing the center line. So I turned the turn signal on and it was happy to let me go anywhere I wanted.

Also, today I adjusted the seat, pedals, steering wheel, and mirrors and then saved that to memory position #1, as described on Pg 143 of the manual. Then I wanted to "link" my transmitter to that position, and found this statement: "You can program a remote entry transmitter to recall a memory setting. See Keys and Remote Controls (page 51)." So, I turned to Pg 51 and read until I got to Pg 54, which says "Linking a Preset Position to your Remote Control or Intelligent Access Key Fob: See Memory Function (Pg 143)".

On Pg 143 I found this statement: "You can program a remote entry transmitter to recall a memory setting. See Keys and Remote Controls (page 51)." So, I turned to Pg 51 and read until I got to Pg 54, which says "Linking a Preset Position to your Remote Control or Intelligent Access Key Fob: See Memory Function (Pg 143)".

On Pg 143 I found this statement: "You can program a remote entry transmitter to recall a memory setting. See Keys and Remote Controls (page 51)." So, I turned to Pg 51 and read until I got to Pg 54, which says "Linking a Preset Position to your Remote Control or Intelligent Access Key Fob: See Memory Function (Pg 143)".

Now, I'm not the quickest study, but on the third pass even I figured out that I was in the proverbial "do loop". So, to the internet I turned. And, wouldn't you know it, the first hit was on FTE. And, basically it said:
  1. Hold memory button for about 5 seconds and until you get the second beep
  2. Press and let up on the Lock button on the key fob
  3. Count to 10 and press and let up on the Unlock button on the key fob
I did and it worked perfectly!

Old 06-19-2015, 07:14 AM
WhiteEx
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Gary, I'll give that a try shortly.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:46 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Speaking about memory positions.. Every now and then when my wife is going with me I get in the truck and notice the mirrors are pointed at crazy positions. Happened again yesterday but this time I sort of knew what might of happened. She had opened the truck using her keypad code. You would think that as it was my IAT that allowed the truck to start that it would have gone to my settings? No problem I'll just hit memory one and have it go to my settings. Nope can't do that while truck is moving.
So my idea of having memory one set for me for city driving and being able to push memory two for me and highway driving isn't going to work I guess unless we do a Chinese fire drill just before getting on the highway!

Old 06-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
You might have to figure out where you are going before you start the truck.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:45 AM
speedsauto
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank You for that post! I too was in the manual loop and my dealer didn't have a answer for it either but was checking on it.

Another remote question, My status led's on my remote don't turn red or green when using the remote start function to indicate if the truck is running or not, Anyone else having this issue as well?

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
I think we might have similar backgrounds. Here's my post on this thread: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15340701

Old 08-29-2015, 07:56 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by speedsauto
Thank You for that post! I too was in the manual loop and my dealer didn't have a answer for it either but was checking on it.

Another remote question, My status led's on my remote don't turn red or green when using the remote start function to indicate if the truck is running or not, Anyone else having this issue as well?
Welcome. I find the owner's manual poorly done.

As for the remote and its LED's, mine works fine. And at amazingly long distances.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:36 AM
speedsauto
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So your led flashes to tell you that your truck has started with the remote?

Old 08-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Yes, and no. The LED at the top comes on, green, to indicate the truck has started. But, I don't see it flashing. Just comes on solid, although I haven't watched it all that long to see what happens after several seconds.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:35 AM
bonanzabucko
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The owners' manual for the F150s is abysmal. It is full of half truths and glaring omissions. The Ford management responsible for this abortion should be fired.

Specifically, and these are only a couple in a long list:

1.)If you lose your remote access electronic key you should have the truck towed to the nearest Ford dealer. From the middle of the Sierra Nevada mountains that would be hard. But, if you go to the dealer and ask you will find that you can put one remote INSIDE the truck that will allow the truck to be started and then get access either with a metal hideaway or with the keypad.

2.)The index is a complete waste of time. Pretty much without regard to what you are looking for you will not find it. Any publisher knows that making an index for a book requires reading the book first. It's obvious the idiots who made the index didn't do this.

Etc. etc. etc.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:51 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Hey give the guy a break,,, don't forget how much money he saved Fords on the newly designed A/C seats.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:01 PM
kenttrudiw
Senior User
It was funny, I was out of town for a week for my company. Got back, tried to open my truck, dead... Luckily the truck was at home, used the Wifes keys no issues. But overtime I got it in, it moved back to her seat memory. I had to keep it in park to move the seat, it was very frustrating.... I thought I had to go to the dealer, but tried replacing the battery, just in case.

That fixed it, it works perfectly again. It has only been two Months, hope it was just an old or bad battery. BUT, if this happens away from home, with only one key, how is this thing going to start?? With the push button start, the key fob dead, no way starting this truck, that I can tell.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:38 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Originally Posted by kenttrudiw
It was funny, I was out of town for a week for my company. Got back, tried to open my truck, dead... Luckily the truck was at home, used the Wifes keys no issues. But overtime I got it in, it moved back to her seat memory. I had to keep it in park to move the seat, it was very frustrating.... I thought I had to go to the dealer, but tried replacing the battery, just in case.

That fixed it, it works perfectly again. It has only been two Months, hope it was just an old or bad battery. BUT, if this happens away from home, with only one key, how is this thing going to start?? With the push button start, the key fob dead, no way starting this truck, that I can tell.
You are to use the key hidden in the FOB to unlock the door. Than put the FOB in the hidden spot to start truck.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Nsmason
New User
Originally Posted by rmccbride
Speaking about memory positions.. Every now and then when my wife is going with me I get in the truck and notice the mirrors are pointed at crazy positions. Happened again yesterday but this time I sort of knew what might of happened. She had opened the truck using her keypad code. You would think that as it was my IAT that allowed the truck to start that it would have gone to my settings? No problem I'll just hit memory one and have it go to my settings. Nope can't do that while truck is moving.
So my idea of having memory one set for me for city driving and being able to push memory two for me and highway driving isn't going to work I guess unless we do a Chinese fire drill just before getting on the highway!
Factory keypad code is connected to memory button #1.
Second keypad code is connected to #2, and so on. I scratched my head quite awhile before figuring that out.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:02 AM
AZPLATINUMEB
New User
V3 of Owners Manual had an issue or two....this works from V1....

Link FOB to Memory Position
Linking a Preset Position to your
Remote Control or Intelligent Access
Key Fob

1. With the ignition on, move the memory
features to the desired positions.

2. Press and hold the desired preset
button for about five seconds. You hear
a tone in about two seconds. Continue
to hold until you hear a second tone.

3. Within three seconds, press the lock
button on the remote control you are
linking.

Repeat this procedure for another memory
button and transmitter if desired.

To unlink a remote control, follow the
same procedure, but with step three, press
the unlock button on the remote.

LinkRemote Access Code to Memory Position

Recalling Memory Positions (If
Equipped)
The programmed entry codes will recall
driver memory positions as follows:

• Entry code one will recall driver 1
memory positions.

• Entry code two will recall driver 2
memory positions.

• Entry code three will recall driver 3
memory positions.

Note: Personal entry codesfour and five
will not recall memory positions

Youcan use the keypad to:

•Lock or unlock the doors and liftgate.

•Program and erase user codes.

•Arm and disarm the anti-theft alarm.

Youcan operate the keypad with the

factory-setfive-digit entry code. The code

islocated on the owner’s wallet card in the

glovebox and is available from an

authorizeddealer. You can also create up

tofive of your own five-digit personal entry

codes.

Programming aPersonal Entry Code

Tocreate your own personal entry code:

1.Enter the factory-set code.

2.Press 1·2 onthe keypad within five

seconds.

3.Enter your personal five-digit code. You

mustenter each number within five

secondsof each other.

4.Press 1·2 onthe keypad to save

personalcode one.

Thedoors will lock then unlock to confirm

thatprogramming was successful.

Toprogram additional personal entry

codes,repeat Steps 1-3, then for Step 4:

•Press 3·4 tosave personal code two.

•Press 5·6 tosave personal code three.

•Press 7·8 tosave personal code four.

•Press 9·0 tosave personal code five.

Tips:

•Do not set a code that uses five of the

samenumber.

•Do not use five numbers in sequential

order.

•The factory-set code will work even if

youhave set your own personal code.

Erasinga Personal Code

1.Enter the factory-set five-digit code.

2.Press and release 1·2 onthe keypad

withinfive seconds.

3.Press and hold 1·2 fortwo seconds.

Thismust be done within five seconds

ofcompleting Step 2.

Allpersonal codes erase and only the

factory-setfive-digit code will work.

RecallingMemory Positions (If

Equipped)

Theprogrammed entry codes will recall

drivermemory positions as follows:

•Entry code one will recall driver 1