Cost to Install Airbags and compressor

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Torklift Sheryl
SPONSOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain 'Murica
Thanks Carl and thank you again Moogal. Rep sent your way. Sheryl, I have seen your ads through the forum and I haven't ruled the Torklift system out. Not that I don't trust you, but you are a vendor so I would like to get an opinion from somebody that has used them. Can anybody that has installed them chime in and speak on their experience? Thanks again guys. Lots of great advice being given here.
Of course! If you’d like you can read an evaluation of StableLoad from an FTE Moderator here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...nd-review.html

Hope this helps with your research.

Torklift International – Towing, Suspension, Tie Downs, Steps
Call me direct: 1-800-246-8132
Visit our Blog: http://www.torklift.com/blog
Old 06-24-2015, 05:00 AM
Captain 'Murica
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After doing a lot of reading I think I will probably at least start with the Torklifts if/when I get a new 5th wheel. I like the idea of it not being engaged all of the time like additional springs and it is cheaper than putting bags and a compressor on. Thanks for all of input.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
After doing a lot of reading I think I will probably at least start with the Torklifts if/when I get a new 5th wheel. I like the idea of it not being engaged all of the time like additional springs and it is cheaper than putting bags and a compressor on. Thanks for all of input.
Take a good look at the bending moment Tork Lifts put on those spring leaf packs ................. IMO, that's not the way springs are supposed to operate (sorry, Sheryl, I know you have a job to do)

Old 06-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Captain 'Murica
Junior User
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Take a good look at the bending moment Tork Lifts put on those spring leaf packs ................. IMO, that's not the way springs are supposed to operate (sorry, Sheryl, I know you have a job to do)

I will admit that I was concerned about that, but when I was looking into these I looked for reviews online or any instances of somebody saying that these bent, broke, or had any other negative effects on their leaf springs and the reviews were overwhelmingly positive (one person reported a bent leaf spring on a 2006 Ram). In this day and age when somebody is unhappy with a product they do not hesitate to post it online. If I read one negative review I generally don't worry. It is when I start seeing the same issue over and over again that I get concerned.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I will admit that I was concerned about that, but when I was looking into these I looked for reviews online or any instances of somebody saying that these bent, broke, or had any other negative effects on their leaf springs and the reviews were overwhelmingly positive (one person reported a bent leaf spring on a 2006 Ram). In this day and age when somebody is unhappy with a product they do not hesitate to post it online. If I read one negative review I generally don't worry. It is when I start seeing the same issue over and over again that I get concerned.

Just as long as you have taken this into consideration. That along with having infinitely adjustable air pressure to match a load is what threw me into the air bags instead of those gadgets

Old 06-25-2015, 12:40 PM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by BPofMD
I tried, but could NOT use them on my 2005 HD F250 6.0 Diesel. I had the Ford Overload springs upgrade for CAMPER use. Also had the Ford Tow Package. As the StableLoads were not designed for this Ford package, they were not made for my truck.....HOWEVER! I was able to use the upper spring StableLoads in my truck and they work VERY well. So well that I do not require airbags.

Thanks Bud for the info. I think this is the direction I'm going to go.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:40 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,094 Likes on 994 Posts
No problem... easy install too. Just spray bolts WELL with PB Blaster the day before you plan to do the job.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Air Lift Company
Former Vendor
Sorry I am late to the party guys. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:25 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,094 Likes on 994 Posts
Originally Posted by Torklift Sheryl
The airbags will help with sag/squat but you don’t want to blow them up too much because you will disengage your factory suspension. I would suggest a combination of airbags and StableLoads, but many of our customers start with StableLoads because it takes care of handling issues.

StableLoad preloads your truck’s factory overload leaf springs to keep your truck’s suspension operating at its maximum stability as the factory engineers intended. This reduces and eliminates rear end sag, body roll, porpoising and drastically improves the overall handling characteristics of your truck when hauling a heavy load. Many of our customers find that StableLoad is the only suspension upgrade they need to make. We conducted a test recently to compare the effectiveness of airbags, StableLoad and a stock truck suspension:

How does the Torklift StableLoad suspension stabilizer work - YouTube

Would be interested to see what you guys think of it.

Congrats to TorkLift for getting the "Manufacturer of the Year" award !!
You had already won it from ME a good while ago !!