1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'14 F250 6.2 issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'14 F250 6.2 issue

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. This AM I started my truck with the remote start, inserted the key, turned to the run position, shifted to drive and started to drive. Suddenly my gauges and info center went haywire. I got every error message imaginable from overheat to 4x4 issues. There were too many to read and drive. I pulled over and turned the truck off. When I tried to start the truck nothing happened. Gauges did not work. Indicator for gear shift was not visible. Battery tested fine as did alternator. Truck would lock and open with remote. Windows went up and down. Brake lights worked.

I took care of morning work needs and came home around noon to arrange a tow. Tow truck arrives and the truck starts and runs fine...of course. Had truck towed to dealership. It is going to be looked at in the morning.

Hopefully there will be an error message but the skeptic in me is concerned and I am scheduled to take a long trip with my 30' trailer hanging off the back in two weeks. That would turn an annoying situation into a real problem.

Anyone experience a similar issue? Btw Ford tow and dealership have been very nice to deal with so no complaints there.

Thanks in advance

Hector

Old 06-12-2015, 07:45 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandguy
...I took care of morning work needs and came home around noon to arrange a tow. Tow truck arrives and the truck starts and runs fine...of course. Had truck towed to dealership. It is going to be looked at in the morning...
Let me know when you hear back from the dealership, Hector; it sounds like you're in good hands with them, but I'm here if you need any additional assistance. How many miles are on the truck now?

Crystal

Old 06-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Bandguy
Senior User
Hi Crystal,

Old 06-12-2015, 09:34 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Hi Crystal,

Thanks for the quick reply, Hector. Any news from the dealership this morning? If you'd like, I can escalate this to your regional customer service manager so they can assist. Send me a private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll get this on their radar.

Crystal

Old 06-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
Hi Crystal,

I stopped by the dealership on the way home from work. I was told they looked for trouble codes and found none but they wanted to bring it back again to start the truck with the remote start a few more times to see if they could duplicate the issue if I wanted to wait. Since I don't need the truck this weekend I told then to keep the truck and take their time, especially since I have a trip with my 30' travel trailer planned in a couple of weeks.

I will PM you the information you requested.

Hector

Old 06-13-2015, 06:50 AM
Bandguy
Senior User
Crystal,

I see another person on the forum is having the same issue. His dealer thinks it may be a clock spring issue. I don't even know what that is but will you communicate that to my dealer or should I? Since I don't even know what a clock spring is or what it does, I might not have a lot of credibility.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:22 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Crystal,

I see another person on the forum is having the same issue. His dealer thinks it may be a clock spring issue. I don't even know what that is but will you communicate that to my dealer or should I? Since I don't even know what a clock spring is or what it does, I might not have a lot of credibility.
Hi, Hector!

Your regional customer service manager (CSM) will work with your dealership directly; I'll make sure this information gets into their hands. Check out your inbox for the PM I sent you this morning.

Crystal

Old 06-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Bandguy
Senior User
I saw that message and responded Crystal. Thank you.

Hector

Old 06-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
From the message I received Friday it seems my truck sat at the dealership for the week without Ford actually communicating with my dealer. (I did hear from two different fill-in CSMs) I am now a week from my trip towing my trailer. If this isn't resolved I am going to lose a lot of money since the cancellation policy is so stringent for the weeks around Independence Day. Not to mention I'll miss a family reunion we planned.

Hector

Old 06-21-2015, 11:48 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
I hate weird problems like that. We had a similar problem with a different car. It turned out to be a defective battery cable. We found it by accident when I grabbed the cable to see if it was tight & instead found it was burning hot.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:21 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Electrical issues can be nearly impossible to troubleshoot if they're intermittent like this. If they can't get it to act up they have no way of isolating the problem. I remember a few years ago I had an instrument cluster issue on my Mustang where it would go haywire from tiem to time, but that was fixed with a new cluster. It didn't stop the car from starting, so I don't expect that's your issue.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
Very true. What I find so frustrating is that I have a lead on what the issue may be from another owner but I have found Ford to be very unresponsive. Both at the dealer and support.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:08 PM
Bandguy
Senior User
Good news, I had a face-to-face with the service manager. He apologized for the hold-up and is putting somebody on my truck right away. I'm happy that my truck isn't just sitting in the lot waiting for people to communicate.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Bandguy
Senior User
Final, hopefully, disposition of my problem: dealer could not duplicate problem. Service manager took the information I received from fellow forum member with the same issue. He opened the column and inspected the wires/connectors. While no problems were found he reassembled wit a touch of dialect grease.

While I wish the dealer had been able to find a definitive issue and fix it, I do appreciate that the took the information I had and acts on it. I'm driving the wheels off the truck until we take our next travel trailer trip.

Hector

Old 07-02-2015, 03:12 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
It's nice the dealer is trying to solve the issue. Hopefully it was one of those fluke things that never happens again.

Quick Reply: '14 F250 6.2 issue