Sponsored by:

Help Me Spend Money... In The Market To Buy A Mint low Mileage 7.3

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 02:41 PM
- SADDLE -
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Me Spend Money... In The Market To Buy A Mint low Mileage 7.3

Hi... I'm in the market for a 7.3 excursion. Prefer 2001. Lower the mileage the better, have cash for a nice one. Been an American muscle guy (foxes, terminators and z06s) previously, growing family no longer allows for those toys... Need a big fun safe rig to tote my family around the country in. 4x4. Mods are fine. Prefer white or silver/grey and not a fan of Eddie Bauer b/c of side moldings, but not a deal breaker... Little things like dual captain seating is a plus. Maintenance records and receipts are a plus. NO RUST.

Feel free to email or PM me info.

Drew.alingh@gmail.com

There are some nice looking trucks on here. I hope to be joining in your fun soon!

*I will paypal $100 to anyone who gives me a lead to an ex I buy. No BS.

MODS EDIT: Thread title changed to try and keep respondants from running afoul of the FTE Guidelines

Last edited by Stewart_H; 06-11-2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Thread title edited
Old 06-11-2015, 03:06 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Anybody want to sell their 7.3???

Hey there,

We love helping people spend their money! Searching for Excursions is a favourite pastime of many here.

Here's the quick rundown: unfortunately no advertising to sell or buy can happen here on the tech forums as per the rules. So, it might be best if you edited the thread to say "Help Me Spend Money... In The Market To Buy A Mint low Mileage 7.3" or something along those lines. Just ask for our help finding one, like I said, we love spending other people's money!

I'll find and post an example thread where people searched for what must have been 1-2 months to find the perfect rig for Apoc.

And forget the $100, we just like to help!

Cheers,

Nate

Edit - here is the link to Apoc's thread. Try to model it like this.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s....php?t=1362869

Welcome to the world of Excursions!

Old 06-11-2015, 04:48 PM
- SADDLE -
New User
Nate, thanks for you help, sorry to overstep my boundaries there. Should have known better. I visit the classifieds frequently, not much luck in finding what I'm looking for.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:08 PM
JuanHuevos
I'm still around...mostly
I will take a look for you. Texas is always a good rust-free place to look. You can see my signature for what I have. I got mine last October with 95k miles for $10,500. While I think I pretty much stole this truck, there's other deals out there. If you are in this for the long haul, you will find what you want.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:31 PM
KY60
Senior User
Can you be a little more specific, what do you consider low mileage for 10+ year old truck? Also 2Wd or 4X4? Like the other guys said no finders fee required. I saw this one yesterday on craigslist and it's one of the nicer 7.3's i have seen in my area. I know the color is a stretch.

Good Luck,
Kevin

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3 Diesel

Old 06-11-2015, 06:41 PM
- SADDLE -
New User
Originally Posted by KY60
Can you be a little more specific, what do you consider low mileage for 10+ year old truck? Also 2Wd or 4X4? Like the other guys said no finders fee required. I saw this one yesterday on craigslist and it's one of the nicer 7.3's i have seen in my area. I know the color is a stretch.

Good Luck,
Kevin

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3 Diesel
Looking for <150k miles. It's a bit of an arbitrary number, if truck has maintenance records and receipts I'll entertain any mileage. Thanks for that link, looks nice, just can't do black on something this large. I'd lose my sanity trying to keep her clean.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:54 PM
KY60
Senior User
I'm not a big fan of Black cars myself, but i will say Living large has a very nice looking truck. Okay Here's one out west, don't know if rust would be an issue in Albuquerque, I remember visiting my Sister in Northern New Mexico in may a couple years ago and it was snowing, but don't recall seeing any salt. But hey White Low Mileage is out there.

2000 Ford Excursion LTD 7.3 Diesel

Old 06-11-2015, 06:59 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Black cars myself, but i will say Living large has a very nice looking truck. Okay Here's one out west, don't know if rust would be an issue in Albuquerque, I remember visiting my Sister in Northern New Mexico in may a couple years ago and it was snowing, but don't recall seeing any salt. But hey White Low Mileage is out there.

Thank you, but the OP is right it takes stupid amounts of cleaning. I have her washed at least 2 or 3 times per week @ $32 per hit.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:01 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Are you set on the 7.3? Any budget that you want to stay at?

Old 06-11-2015, 07:01 PM
- SADDLE -
New User

Great find on the white EB. Are the side moldings put on with tape/adhesive or fastened?

I told myself $20k buys a nice solid one. Is that realistic?

Old 06-11-2015, 07:02 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by - SADDLE -
Great find on the white EB. Are the side moldings put on with tape/adhesive or fastened?

I told myself $20k buys a nice solid one. Is that realistic?
Tape, easy takeoff

Old 06-11-2015, 07:03 PM
- SADDLE -
New User
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Are you set on the 7.3? Any budget that you want to stay at?
I've always liked the allure of the 7.3. This will be my first diesel, no need for it, but just one of those things I guess... I'm sure you guys get it... Not opposed to 6.0 so long as any issues have been sorted and preventative maintenance has occurred.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:17 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
The newer 6.0's will have less mileage, some look new and me personally I looked for one that was not bullet proofed. I wanted to assure the best parts and best mechanic would do mine. My truck looks as good (clean) as any 2014 on the street. The advantages I see besides cosmetic are the crazy power that can be added to the 6.0 making her fun to drive. This was a must for me, I didn't want to feel my age lol. There is zero rust under my 2005. I have mid to upper 30's into my ex but can truly say it was well worth it to me.
There's a 2005 listed in Miami CL for 33k that is beautiful, my friend sold it from his dealer for 25k. The guy who bought it is trying to flip it for a huge profit. If you don't need one right away be patient they do come up. With this thread I'm sure it won't take long to find your perfect excursion.
Good luck

Old 06-11-2015, 07:18 PM
KY60
Senior User
That White one with 112k miles was posted 12 May and just re-posted. Should help negotiations with

Old 06-11-2015, 07:36 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Just to add, my bullet proofing took 3 days at Ford dealer.

Quick Reply: Help Me Spend Money... In The Market To Buy A Mint low Mileage 7.3