Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 07:00 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
Did not find the information there. I guess I'm missing something obvious? It's not clear where your picture was taken? I can't even fit a hand behind the seat backs.

There do appear to be "straps" behind the back seat headrests. However, when I pull them, nothing happens. Unless maybe I'm not pulling hard enough, but I really did pull on them pretty firmly.
You have to read the whole thread. Not my picture i stole it from that thread.
Those straps are for the children seats.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:13 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
I think those straps are the "tether straps". The owner's manual says this on Pg 29:
The rear seat in the Crew Cab and Super Cab has three straps along the top of the seat back that function as both routing loops for the tether straps and anchor loops.
And then Page 30 has these pictures:
That's them. I took a picture of the one behind the narrow seat (with that seat folded down).

Old 07-15-2015, 12:23 AM
AlexWV
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by F150'94
^^^^What he said! I didn't want, but got the factory nav in my truck (salesman looked for a month and couldn't find what I wanted without it). I may use it, but if it fails me, back to the phone it is. I am not sure how companies like Garmin are still in business with so many phones having nav for free now.
Yes, nav on android is a good plan ... but you have to have an android for that

I don't have a smart phone of any flavor and don't want one and will not have one. So long live Garmin hopefully.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:23 AM
redford
Received 1,550 Likes on 905 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexWV
Yes, nav on android is a good plan ... but you have to have an android for that

I don't have a smart phone of any flavor and don't want one and will not have one. So long live Garmin hopefully.
Or, you could just get married. A wife is always willing to tell you where you need to go.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:43 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by rmccbride
[IMG]You have the crew cab you don't get the strap! You get a bare pin you have to move.

Read about it here...
Hints, Tips and Tricks - Page 7 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans
Figured it out. It's a 4-step procedure. (1) Lift the seat bottom, (2) Lower the head rest, (3) Reach behind the headrest and lift the pin, (4) Pull the release under the seat bottom. Voila!

Old 07-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Any chance of pics? I can't find the pin. Or, do I have one?

Old 07-16-2015, 10:40 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Any chance of pics? I can't find the pin. Or, do I have one?
If you have the 60/40 bench in the back of the supercrew, I think it should be the same. The picture that rmccbride posted in message #43 of this thread shows what the pin looks like when you are looking down behind the headrest.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:22 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
Figured it out. It's a 4-step procedure. (1) Lift the seat bottom, (2) Lower the head rest, (3) Reach behind the headrest and lift the pin, (4) Pull the release under the seat bottom. Voila!

So you were able to do it?

Old 07-17-2015, 12:49 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
So you were able to do it?
Oh yes. Once I figured out the code; no problem.

Where I was going wrong was that I was trying to find the pin with the seat down. Once you lift the seat, and fold down the head rest, the pin is clearly visible from above. My fat hands were a relatively tight fit, so someone with really large hands might have trouble sliding them in there.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:15 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Oh yes. Once I figured out the code; no problem.

Where I was going wrong was that I was trying to find the pin with the seat down. Once you lift the seat, and fold down the head rest, the pin is clearly visible from above. My fat hands were a relatively tight fit, so someone with really large hands might have trouble sliding them in there.
Then it looks like I'll have to stick the head rest back into my truck so I can fold it down as this seems to be the key on the CC and might help on my SC. How about if I just fold it down and stick it back in the cabinet in the barn think that will work? Or does it have to be in the truck in place?

Old 07-17-2015, 10:35 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Then it looks like I'll have to stick the head rest back into my truck so I can fold it down as this seems to be the key on the CC and might help on my SC. How about if I just fold it down and stick it back in the cabinet in the barn think that will work? Or does it have to be in the truck in place?
On my crewcab, it works the same with the headrest down, or removed altogether. If it's in, it just can't be "UP".

The point being that it just needs to be out of the way. You have to stick your hand down behind the headrest, and if it's up, there's no place for your hand.

And this is on my crewcab. I don't know what it's like on the supercab.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Well, I towed a boat with the truck today. Just a little 1977 Glastron 16' trihull that doesn't really weigh all that much, but the truck was amazing nonetheless. Connecting to the trailer was a breeze with the camera showing the way - just back right up with no worries. Compare that to backing, stopping to check, pacing off the distance, etc.

Then the truck checked the lights and said all was well. Compare that to turning on the flashers and walking around the trailer to check. And then pulling lights on and squinting in the sun to see if they are on. Now, just step on the brake and the truck does the work.

But when I dropped it in gear I almost forgot the boat was back there. Man, the truck just shrugged it off. I've towed that boat with both Dad's truck and Rusty, and they knew the boat was back there. In fact, on a long hill out of town both of them bogged and required a lot of throttle. Not so Big Blue. What boat?

Old 07-25-2015, 10:41 AM
F150'94
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here I go messing up the actual title again; I took my truck back to the dealer Monday and went to pick it up from them last night, so it's not what I did today.

Story:
My dealer had to trade for my truck with a dealer in MN. When I originally picked up and bought my truck, on a Saturday, I noticed the glue that was left on the tailgate from those wonderful (sarcasm) dealer advertisement stickers, not sure if it was the original dealer's or mine as I told my salesman I did not want them put on it and he agreed. So right off the salesman had to bring out his detail department to get the glue residue off the paint. Easy enough. After it was removed my best half notices a 1" scratch under where the residue was removed. Whether or not my dealer did it while removing the glue or what we believe more likely the original dealer used his sticker to cover it up, we are not sure. Salesman agree to fix it, but he had to discuss with his third party vendor that comes in once a week to do these repairs. So I finished paperwork and drove it home, knowing I had to bring it back to have them fix the scratch. Inconvenient but they are going to fix it so... Well I took it up to them Monday, a week after buying, to have the scratch fixed on Tuesday. As part of my deal, the dealer had the front side windows tinted to match the back(super crew), and the driver's side had a bubble that would not go away. So they agreed to have that fixed on Wednesday. They also gave me a loaded Taurus to drive for the week.

Last night I go to pick up my truck and get rid of the Taurus, nice cars but not my truck. Salesman was busy showing another customer how to work the Ford Touch, and I saw my truck so I go take a look at the truck. Tint was fixed no problems. Go to look at the tailgate and the scratch had been "painted" but not very well at all. Looked like someone used fingernail polish to "paint/fill" the scratch. REALLY?????? They had not even cleaned the tailgate other than an area around the scratch no bigger than 3" dia. No wash, no buffing, no polishing, nothing. I go inside while the salesman finishes his tutorial. As soon as he walks in he knows I am not happy with the "fix." Come to find out the third party is a traveling detailer, for lack of better term, and this is the service they provide, which is not what I was expecting at all. I figured it would be sent to an actual body shop for a real fix. I just spend $53K on a truck and this is what is acceptable?? Not at all! I am guessing from the conversation I had with the salesman, he and his managers had already discussed it and are willing continue to work to make it right. I have sent my family to this dealer and we have bought 8 cars from them, and my salesman specifically, in the last 4 years. He has worked very hard through this deal to keep my business and continues to work.

Needless to say, I did not get to bring it home, but I did get a loaded '14 Expedition to drive. Better than the Taurus. They are going to actually consult with a body shop on Monday to see if there is a better fix. His concerns is the tailgate will need to be completely repainted and not sure it they can match the color. He has seen repaints not matched before. Seems absurd to me that I can take a pillow into my local home improvement store and they can patch the color (close enough to not tell), but a body shop cannot match an auto paint color????? And I told him that.

I am not a body guy. I know very little about body work and automotive painting, but I would think there is a much better fix than fingernail polish. I would also think a paint match should not be a problem. Am I wrong? Can you not use rubbing compound on today's paint? Is there not any way to blend the paint after touch up work? For now I wait til Monday to see what the body shop has to say.

Apologies for the long post. I cannot wait to be able to post that I did something productive with my truck.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:36 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by F150'94
I am not a body guy. I know very little about body work and automotive painting, but I would think there is a much better fix than fingernail polish. I would also think a paint match should not be a problem. Am I wrong? Can you not use rubbing compound on today's paint? Is there not any way to blend the paint after touch up work? For now I wait til Monday to see what the body shop has to say.
I am not a body guy either. BUT, I have seen some pretty amazing repairs on little scratches. One of the car washes we take our cars/trucks to has an association with a couple of different detailers that do pretty remarkable work. I have seen before/after scratches repaired very, very well. If it's a newer vehicle, you don't even have to compensate for sun fade. We also had a 2-year old Ford Contour SVT with the special dark green metallic paint that had a significant repair done on it, and my wife (who can detect really minor differences in color), could not see it.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:46 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Getting back on-topic... We ordered and installed (1) wheel well liners, and (2) Weathertech mud flaps (all 4 corners).

We have a pretty long driveway (almost a mile), and it's gravel, so tends to create a lot of dust. Both of those changes cut down on the trips to the car wash.

Quick Reply: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?