North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Summer 2015 General BS Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 06:41 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
When I got my Weather Tech Vent Shades, I ordered replacement tape from Weather Tech. The tape finally showed up yesterday and I got the Vent Shades on. That's when everything took a turn.
It seams the truck has a sensor for the power windows that is detecting that small area when the front windows hit the shades, inside the weatherstrip and they automatically roll back down.
I did finally get them closed and after several attempts. I've been told that may even deny any warranty issues for door, windows, or window motor, if these type of vent shades are installed.
So if this issue persists, then these will come off, and I'll go to the stick on type. I've had those before and they stayed on for over 10 years before they let loose and flew off.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:13 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Made it out to the Raeford Wagon Train for a night. Had lots of fun, with lots of new people, and some old friends. This year is going by fast. Finally broke down and called someone to come repair the chimney at the house this week. It should be fire ready by winter. It'll be nice to save some money on the heat bill and get rid of some of this wood that's being lying around. Time to start cleaning up the yard again. May even get it to where I want it this year. Next big item is the old truck bed. Anybody need a beat up 8 foot OBS Ford Truck bed? I might even be able to throw a Goose Neck Hitch in with it, since I don't think I'll ever need it again. However I am going to be taking the lights and harness off it, since the 'new' bed didn't have those on it. I'll get around to posting it in the classifieds string here in the NC board sometime soon.

I hear you about the phone insurance. My last phone was a company bought phone, they payed cash for it. I think I had it for 4-5 years, with the bill being around 50 bucks. Lucky, the owner replaced my phone right before he sold the company, so I'm not on my second smart phone, and it's also payed for out right, so the bill still stays around 50 or so, with no contract. I'm going to see how long I can make this one last as well.

See ya'll tomorrow for some Que!

Old 06-25-2015, 10:54 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After getting about 3.5 hours of sleep last night, it was not a good thing to have training/class this morning. Getting my hazmat refresher course.... only way to make that worse is the fact it's being done as a phone conference.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:10 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Well the Weather Tech vent shades are off of the truck, the drivers side hits the window every time I close it. Good chance I just don't have it on correctly, but I'm not loaded with patients, so they are on a tall shelf where I don't have to look at them. I'll get those sold eventually, and go get the stick on type.
Now to get some yard work done between storms that are frequenting our area this week. I need to get the back yard dolled up for our BBQ this next Saturday (July 4th)

Y'all behave

Old 06-27-2015, 08:17 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Cut the grass today, then took a evening bike ride to twin peaks for dinner with friends. Now to kick back on the couch and relax, maybe have a shot or 2.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:29 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I spent the entire day working in the yard yesterday (Sunday), mowed, trimmed, got grass out of the cracks of walk and drive way. Then Shari and I set out on the front porch in the rocking chairs. Then a couple of pain pills to ease the pain of what I've done to myself that day.
Take café of your back boy's, it's the only one you get.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:41 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bike ride to twin peaks for dinner - and maybe have a shot or 2.
Larry were you in WACO Texas by chance? Be careful out there.

Bob, take care of your back.

Was back at the Dr this morning for my fourth visit in a week. I've mucked up my elbow/forearm pretty good. Four antibiotics so far and and steroid shot this morning. The infection is under control but the swelling is not. I'm supposed to go back in a week. In that time the infection and inflammation should be gone. They will then determine what to do next. Could have to get the elbow cut open and worked on or hopefully just some physical therapy to get my range of motion back.

Hope all you folks have a fun and safe holiday week and weekend. Take care.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:12 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Nope not driving that far for a twin peaks Philly cheese steak!

For those that care, lowes has the 2 packs of 18# Kingsford charcoal for $ 10.

A lady from the lab we deal with is coming and taking us to buffalo wild wings tomorrow. We are getting off at 2:30 this week do to the holiday, so we are taking personal vehicles there about 12:30 and heading home from there. The lady also said that it was fine if we got a few beers on her. Tomorrow should be a good day.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:53 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
That sounds like a great deal. Off early, free food and beer. Woot.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:36 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 77mud

For those that care, lowes has the 2 packs of 18# Kingsford charcoal for $ 10.
Yup I seen that, but "Somebody" doesn't think I need any more charcoal yet. I bought a pretty good stash early this spring when it was on sale, not the price it is now, but it was on sale. Almost #300

Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2015, 07:39 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
James, hopefully your elbow will get better soon, and no need to cut anything open. You sure did it right though.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:14 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Picked up two more twin packs along with a bag of Cowboy apple chips and a bag of cherry chips this morning.
And another bottle of KC Masterpiece at Food Lion. ( Bob put me on the right track with KCM)
Going to try Mccormick's rub for pork instead of throwing together my own.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:32 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
That KC Masterpiece is hard to beat.
I picked up a bottle of McCormicks, dry BBQ rub that I'm wanting to try, but not when we have people coming over to eat, I'll try and see what it's like first.
I'm down to 3 bottles of the dry rub we buy a case at a time and have shipped from Springfield Missouri.
Look's like we're doing a bunch of Chicken Thighs, and something in the smoker for our 1st July 4th BBQ since we moved almost 3 years ago. We have a few people that are coming over, but not near the crowd we used to have. But it's better than setting here by ourselves.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:40 AM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Took the wife tent camping last weekend. Yes, it was a little hot and muggy and we had to dodge a lightning bolt or two, but other than that we had a blast. This is the first time in 30yrs that I've been able to get her back into tent camping. She enjoyed it and is now asking when are we going again.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:45 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I did some chicken thighs last week using a Weber recipe.
Dry rub, 10 min over direct to brown, 20 min indirect with smoke, 15 min indirect with light KCM glaze...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Summer 2015 General BS Thread