Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Removed/Relocated

Old 09-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Boxdriver
New User
Originally Posted by 2LostInTransit
Here you go Boxd..

16x7 Volvo 60 wheel same bolt pattern, but the center bore is slightly larger as is the actual lug hole size.. Now I do have a set of tuner lugs except that these are not budgey enough.
Hah and the guys over at Stanceworks are getting restless with my post there.. they're saying I'm over thinking this.. and just do it.. Spending a couple of thousand dollars on wheel & tires is not my idea of just doing it. There's restocking fee and in some cases we have to pay for the shipping if the wheel don't work out. My best bet is to located as many wheels as I'm interested in and simply try them on.

Here's a question, what if any are there consequence with buying and installing wheel that are not DOT approved.. or How hard can it be to have a wheel DOT approved.. I've sent these messages to our local DOT and have yet to hear anything in return. Let's suppose for a moment BraidUSA drops everything and gets those wheels approved.. or how much does it cost to have them approved.. Is it worth doing know that I maybe the only one who wants these wheels?.. I never said my ideas are brilliant, their just ideas.
If Braid sells wheels in Europe, it would have to meet their rather strict rules. In Germany, they would have to meet standards that are tested by what they call the TUV (Technischer Überwachungsverein) testing organization. These standards are probably as stringent as you could ask for. Anything TUV (pronounced, Toof or more correctly Tyf) approved is certified to meet high standards and good for the road.

A TUV approved, certified or stamped wheel, would be worthy for those vehicle weights it's designed for, and probably meet or exceed DOT standards.

By the way, that's one of the great looking Volvo wheels. Really nice looking on a TC, too.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:27 PM
2LostInTransit
Junior User
Post Removed/Relocated

Old 09-30-2015, 02:47 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Deleted post due to OP's dissatisfaction with my advice...best of luck,
George

Old 09-30-2015, 02:57 PM
2LostInTransit
Junior User
Post Removed/Relocated

Old 09-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Boxdriver
New User
It's not "Boxd" that has the say on this DOT matter of standards... I just have the information from experience and would trust a TUV certified wheel. I lived and drove in Europe for a few years and had to deal with TUV inspections. Whether the wheel would fit the TC properly is more of a question.

DOT might have more information on whether or not there is a liability concern or standard discrepancy if someone were to fit a non DOT wheel on any car here in the US.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:08 PM
EvanBly
Senior User
I sort of miss George and wonder what the heck happened. It looked like George was carrying his weight and contributing nicely and then suddenly he's asked to leave the thread----what did I miss?

Old 10-16-2015, 07:57 AM
2LostInTransit
Junior User
Post Removed/Relocated

Old 10-16-2015, 12:19 PM
Boxdriver
New User
George seems to be an overly cautious fellow. No problem with that. I like to make sure that products will fit properly and meet design and safety requirements.

The TC is a fairly new product, aimed mostly at work van market. I'm seeing a lot more passenger configured Connects lately. I'm thinking that this well designed van is becoming more popular as people see it on dealer lots. I know I was in the market for something like this for quite a while. The first generation TC was a tad rough, OK for work van, but not quite ready for prime time passenger duty or with comfortable driving nature. This second generation is definitely way up the scale in drivability.

That noted, we should start to see more in the way of available options. I don't think that Ford understands the demographic this van appeals to very well. Honda went through this learning curve with their Element and Pontiac with their Vibe. Will have to wait and see where the market takes the TC.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:29 PM
2LostInTransit
Junior User
Post Removed/Relocated

Old 10-16-2015, 07:24 PM
EvanBly
Senior User
2Lost

I find myself disagreeing with just about everything you say. I view a forum as a chance to get different perspectives. I think George was listening to you. You claim that he was incredibly redundant in his response to your tire/wheel search--the truth is you have been incredibly persistent and redundant in your search thread. I think he was being honest with you, not overwhelmed by the importance of your search, but wishing you luck.

I think you are being a bit harsh. I am used to a forum where everyone is mannerly and willing to listen to opposing points of view. No one sees a thread as their own--we open a subject an then go for the answer, solution, whatever.

I am liking this forum. I think we are blessed with Frantz and others who either know their stuff or are asking interesting questions.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:07 PM
EvanBly
Senior User
Come on 2lost Get found. The value of this forum is a lot of coverage. We might not all love and obey you and your every thought, but we're here, with you, exploring a really neat new vehicle. Put you ego to the side, meld with us, pursue your dreams and hear our comments--we're all here together in new territory.