6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Truck stolen - Independence, MO

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 09:04 PM
Zejokee
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck stolen - Independence, MO

Well it happened to me. Me and my wife went out to eat dinner for our anniversary. Walked out and the truck was gone. No broken glass or plastic where the truck was. Broad day light in a busy lot. Hell there was a car show across the street. Police report has been filed and insurance alerted. Just got to wait for the call. Could be today could be 2 months.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Zejokee
Freshman User

Truck has a silver ladder rack now and duratrac tires.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was it locked up tight? Where were the keys?

Old 06-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Zejokee
Freshman User
Keys in my pocket and truck locked. My wife got pissed at me when we walked in to the restaurant because I was locking the truck repeatedly making it honk multiple times. Only good thing about this is I took my job box and all my tools off my truck before we left the house.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:33 PM
9228.bobcat
Cargo Master
Well I am about 90 miles away so I will keep an eye out here up north for you. sucks

Old 06-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Zejokee
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 9228.bobcat
Well I am about 90 miles away so I will keep an eye out here up north for you. sucks
I appreciate it mate. Sitting here not knowing where my truck is, who has it, how they are treating it is killing me. All the hard work, sweat and blood I've put into her, just for someone to steal it for a quick profit because they are too degenerate to get a real job.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:04 PM
tim.moman
Elder User
That sucks... I am down in Olathe and will keep an eye out. Been thinking about doing a starter disable on mine just for that reason. Something I could switch from the cab.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:13 AM
brandonrr
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tim.moman
That sucks... I am down in Olathe and will keep an eye out. Been thinking about doing a starter disable on mine just for that reason. Something I could switch from the cab.
I learned a trick here that I use whenever I question the safety of my truck when I park it. I simply pocket the FICM relay and if someone tried to steal it, the worst they could do is drain my batteries trying to start it. ok, maybe they'd be dumb enough to take my SCT tuner I leave in there, but still better than a stolen truck.

OP, good luck on getting your truck back. Hopefully it gets recovered and with minimal or no damage.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
We have our eyes peeled too Alex!!! I'm riding with the sw40 cal,, do you care if it has holes in it if I see it???? Lol. Not funny tho.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Zejokee
Freshman User
Those are called speed holes! If you can recover it, shoot away!

Old 06-08-2015, 05:50 PM
evan1242
Elder User
sorry to hear that man, seeing these makes me nervous about mine being parked outside all night.
guess i need to get a viper alarm or something similar.

someone broke in my truck through one of the back windows, and the car next to me.
neither alarm went off.
if only they would have opened the door.
we were at a Mexican restaurant eating diner right inside.
truck parked right underneath a street light.
these people are getting braver by the minute.
they may have received some "speed holes" lol

i've also wondered weather or not my Glock sticker on the back has been a deterrent, or attraction.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:05 PM
brandonrr
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by evan1242
sorry to hear that man, seeing these makes me nervous about mine being parked outside all night.
guess i need to get a viper alarm or something similar.

someone broke in my truck through one of the back windows, and the car next to me.
neither alarm went off.
if only they would have opened the door.
we were at a Mexican restaurant eating diner right inside.
truck parked right underneath a street light.
these people are getting braver by the minute.
they may have received some "speed holes" lol

i've also wondered weather or not my Glock sticker on the back has been a deterrent, or attraction.

I would think it'd be more of a attraction. Thieves could see that sticker and break in, hoping the gun is in the truck.

The thieving low-life scumbags love getting their hands on other peoples' guns more than anything, except maybe cash. stolen guns have even higher value in the black market than legitimate, registered firearms, due to the anonymity of the gun to the individual committing crimes with it.

As many vehicle break-ins happen around here, I wouldn't dare leave a gun in my truck, especially considering how easy our trucks are to break into. A know a couple people who had their guns stolen out of their vehicles.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:16 PM
CarlT100
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Zejokee
I appreciate it mate. Sitting here not knowing where my truck is, who has it, how they are treating it is killing me. All the hard work, sweat and blood I've put into her, just for someone to steal it for a quick profit because they are too degenerate to get a real job.
Sorry to hear this. I absolutely despise a freaking thief. I hope you recover your truck unharmed.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:26 PM
evan1242
Elder User
Originally Posted by brandonrr
I would think it'd be more of a attraction. Thieves could see that sticker and break in, hoping the gun is in the truck.

The thieving low-life scumbags love getting their hands on other peoples' guns more than anything, except maybe cash. stolen guns have even higher value in the black market than legitimate, registered firearms, due to the anonymity of the gun to the individual committing crimes with it.

As many vehicle break-ins happen around here, I wouldn't dare leave a gun in my truck, especially considering how easy our trucks are to break into. A know a couple people who had their guns stolen out of their vehicles.
this is true. i never leave mine in the truck unless im going somewhere i cant take it with me. i just know in my head that would raise the "i might get shot" flag. but thieves these days are getting braver and more careless so that probably wouldn't even cross there mind.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Two trucks in the last few months.

They really need to let us tag and bag these dirtbags.

Sean

Quick Reply: Truck stolen - Independence, MO