Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Need Advise on '07 Front Conversion Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Wink Need Advise on '07 Front Conversion Assembly

Ok, So I basically sold all my old '99 parts right off my truck getting ready for the swap.

I have installed the '07 Header (mount) panel w/o problems.

I have installed the '07 OEM headlights w/o problems.

I have installed the (used) OEM grille (with new billet inserts) w/o problems.

I have now hit a snag that I'm in hopes that someone here can help me with:

I bought an aftermarket chrome bumper, Pad, lower valance, brackets, fog lights......

I even bought the pad pre-painted from a seller on Ebay, which I may add came out outstanding!!

I felt as I needed to pre-assemble the bumper and all its trim before installing it all in one piece onto my truck.

I Installed the brackets which fir fine (I'm not sure yet if I have the hole in my frame for the side brackets, but I've got them and will try to install!

I installed the front tag bracket using 2 larger push pins as FORD had NO clue what they were attached with from the factory!

I installed the fog lights (mistake #1) -I found that the positioning pin in the center that sticks through the bumper WOULD NOT allow the PAD to come down flush onto the top edge of the bumper, so I had to remove the fog lights.

NOW, I STILL can't get the darn pad (with its energy absorber attached) to lock in fully (the little tabs will stick through but no matter how hard I push they won't go through far enough to lock in)........Any ideas on this?? I'm thinking most who have done this swap have just removed a complete setup from a donor truck and didn't have to worry about this part..........

Also, 1 more observation/question: MY truck has never had TOW HOOKS, and I an NOT installing any now, MY old bumper setup HAD plastic "block off plates" to cover the hole where the hooks would have been mounted--ARE there the same type of plastic plates made for the '07 bumper brackets?

Sorry for the long read guys, just wanted to give a back ground as to what I've done and where I'm at.

Thanks!! -Rick

Old 06-06-2015, 07:05 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Anyone been there and done this?