6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Ford Releases TSB 15-0088 For 2015 Active Regeneration Jackhammer Valves Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Lastwagen;15731550]
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Is that the same for a CTS triggered manual Regen?
The other question would be -
If a mannual Regen is started, will it automatically stop the Regen if the truck is put into gear and driven?[/QUOTE

As soon as you touch the brake the regen stops.
That must be just on the manual Regen that touching the brake stops the Regen. I have never seen a manual Regen so that's why I ask.
I have seen my truck go into Regen on its own and touching the brake did not affect it.. It stays in regen until it is finished or I shut the engine off.

Last edited by Big-Foot; 10-21-2015 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Schpellink errirs
Old 10-21-2015, 11:57 AM
donovan
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
manual regen

[QUOTE=Lastwagen;15731550]
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Is that the same for a CTS triggered manual Regen?
The other question would be -
If a mannual Regen is started, will it automatically stop the Regen if the truck is put into gear and driven?[/QUOTE

As soon as you touch the brake the regen stops.
When my truck is in manual regen if hit the break it stops. Manual regen has the rpm 2000, so if I drop it in gear what would happen... Don't know but it would not be fun.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:23 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
You have to step on the brake to shift out of park, so likely nothing would happen.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:37 AM
Amelio
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by capt caper
I'm so glad mine doesn't do this..I feel for you guys...I've got 10200 miles now and not one skip in performance..
Hopefully you are fortunate enough not to deal with it. Mine did not show up until around 13k miles!

I have had about 15 regen's and the truck hasn't skipped a beat....it would previous get the shakes bad and knock like hell if I let it but shifting to 5th eliminated that. Anyway its been about 15 regens and no problems......then yesterday on the way home she started to shake....I was in 6th around 45 mph the truck was lugging up a small hill around 1,400 rpm....I quickly down shifted to 5th and it went away.

Anyway god only knows why it went for a while without the issue but that streak ended yesterday. I will continue to monitor to see if it does it on the next regen which will be tomorrow sometime.....Truck regens every 200-250 miles

Old 10-22-2015, 01:15 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Amelio
...I will continue to monitor to see if it does it on the next regen which will be tomorrow sometime.....Truck regens every 200-250 miles
Keep us in the loop, Amelio. How many miles are on your truck now? I'm here if you need my help.

Crystal

Old 10-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Originally Posted by FordService
Keep us in the loop, Amelio. How many miles are on your truck now? I'm here if you need my help.

Crystal

Just rolled 22K

Old 10-22-2015, 02:00 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Just rolled 22K
Thanks for responding, Amelio. I'll arrange for a call from your regional customer service manager, if that's something you'd be interested in. Since we've chatted in the past, all I'll need from you is a PM with a verification of your best daytime phone number, current mileage, and the dealership you'd prefer to work with.

Crystal

Old 10-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Originally Posted by FordService
Thanks for responding, Amelio. I'll arrange for a call from your regional customer service manager, if that's something you'd be interested in. Since we've chatted in the past, all I'll need from you is a PM with a verification of your best daytime phone number, current mileage, and the dealership you'd prefer to work with.

Crystal
Thanks for the offer Crystal! I think I speak for everyone when I say you are appreciated and thank you for your help!

However I do appreciate the offer there is no need to have anyone call me. When the regional service rep called me when the problem first arouse....well lets just say I was not blown away with the level or care with this issue. Its basically what everyone else knows. Ford straight up tells you there is nothing that can be done and we just have to wait until the re-flash is out to see if that fixes the problem. One dealer could not spend a lot time to drive it and duplicate the condition. The next dealer I went to the service manager was very nice and fully understood the problem, however there was not much else he could offer. Basically said keep driving it....if it blows up it has a warranty.

Unfortunately there is just nothing we can do.....I really rather not force the issue of head replacement especially since there is no guarantee it fixes the problem. So I will continue to wait until March of next year and see what happens with the re flash.

What I would like to know is; if I decide to trade the truck in on a '17 how hard am I gonna take a hit with a truck that reported to have this issue? Is Ford gonna make it right or do I need to show up to the dealer with an extra large bottle of lube?!

Old 10-22-2015, 03:23 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Thanks for the offer Crystal! I think I speak for everyone when I say you are appreciated and thank you for your help!

However I do appreciate the offer there is no need to have anyone call me. When the regional service rep called me when the problem first arouse....well lets just say I was not blown away with the level or care with this issue...
Thanks for the kind words, Amelio. I completely understand. If your needs change in the future, you know where to find me.

Crystal

Old 10-22-2015, 05:39 PM
zeroo
Cargo Master
Received 493 Likes on 273 Posts

However I do appreciate the offer there is no need to have anyone call me. When the regional service rep called me when the problem first arouse....well lets just say I was not blown away with the level or care with this issue. Its basically what everyone else knows. Ford straight up tells you there is nothing that can be done and we just have to wait until the re-flash is out to see if that fixes the problem. One dealer could not spend a lot time to drive it and duplicate the condition. The next dealer I went to the service manager was very nice and fully understood the problem, however there was not much else he could offer. Basically said keep driving it....if it blows up it has a warranty.

Unfortunately there is just nothing we can do.....I really rather not force the issue of head replacement especially since there is no guarantee it fixes the problem. So I will continue to wait until March of next year and see what happens with the re flash.

What I would like to know is; if I decide to trade the truck in on a '17 how hard am I gonna take a hit with a truck that reported to have this issue? Is Ford gonna make it right or do I need to show up to the dealer with an extra large bottle of lube?!
I took no hit trading back to dealer who fully new everything. Turns out they could care less. Blue book is blue book, or local prices. I actually came out ahead of blue book.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Wraith1
New User
Hi, new to the forum. I am having the same issue with my 2015 F250. I have 9800 miles on it and during my last regen the jackhammering started. It stopped when I accelerated and then settled back in for the rest of the drive. I was about 10 miles into the regen when it happened.

Would love some assistance from Crystal.

Thanks

Old 03-16-2016, 06:41 PM
Wraith1
New User
Hi Crystal, I am having the same issue with my 2015. Any assistance would be appreciated. It just started on my last regen and I have 9800 miles.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:30 PM
Nick in Maryland
Senior User
Hi there and welcome to the forum! and unfortunately the thermal expansion stiction club.
It's a condition who's root cause of it can be rectified. The key is getting it to the right dealer. I highly recommend a light, medium and heavy duty truck dealer that carries ford.
Crystal is very nice and has been able to help some.
Start a file to keep track of emails, calls, repair orders with statements on them. Date everything and keep in chronological order. Help with the correct root cause issue is out there. If it is not received there are options to you but you must get it into the system. Give Chrystal a chance. She monitors these threads and will see this and contact you, hang tight.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:17 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The actual fix is coming in a few weeks as a calibration update.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
I'm must happy Ford knows there is an issue and are working to resolve it now. I only have had one weird blip when I regen started. And since then all of my other numerous regens only reason I know they started was because I saw the dash screen pop up, MPG drop, and/or the smell.

Quick Reply: Ford Releases TSB 15-0088 For 2015 Active Regeneration Jackhammer Valves Issue