General Automotive Discussion

Florida HOA does not like my custom F600

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 03:27 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by JWA
Yep and in your example the HOA deserved an asswhipping----good for the courts. Given the cited facts all rules were followed so the HOA over-stepped its authority big time.

If they were fined enough to become painful to the HOA chances are whatever "leadership" was in place was quickly replaced with those not so dumb and quick to over react. Such foolishness deserves to be punished financially when its so unreasonable.

I do wonder though about HOA's which I understand are mentioned or part of the deed for properties located in their jurisdiction areas? If building permits are issued is there investigation or quick check by the issuing authority to make sure deed restrictions aren't involved?

Just a thought that comes to mind.........
I cannot fathom why people would choose to live in a community where an HOA can tell them what they can drive, how long their grass can grow, and what color they can paint their house. To each their own.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:14 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
if you don't like the rules and restrictions and being told what you can or can't have parked in your own yard,then don't live in a HOA.it's that simple really.the reason why some people live there is so don't have commercial vehicles to look at.you may have modified it into a pickup and it may be old enough now to be antique too but it still doesn't change the fact that it was originally built for commercial use and still looks like a large based commercial vehicle,of which it is.

i don't feel sorry for you that your asked not to park it at your home.i feel sorry that you moved in such a communist community on purpose to begin with lmao.you brought it on yourself.i hope they make you move it.even if you win,all your going to do is **** off your community and neighbors.they pay to live there to avoid such (awesome imho!) vehicles.so your simply putting your own interest first before your community.that's rude.if you don't like (i sure don't blame you) it don't live there.don't try and make your community suffer looking at things that they pay to not put up with.it's selfish.no one there cares how incapable your old truck is.you know they don't want such type of vehicles to look it.your letter is pointless.

Originally Posted by troverman
I cannot fathom why people would choose to live in a community where an HOA can tell them what they can drive, how long their grass can grow, and what color they can paint their house. To each their own.
it's insane.might as well just go to prison.with that said,they shouldn't have people moving in trying to ruin what they're after either.either agree to the terms and be respectable of your neighbors and communities wishes or be like the rest of us and keep the hell out lol.

Originally Posted by donjamer
Your truck looks better than some cars on the road..
that thing looks better than all cars on the road today.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:59 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
would not live in a neighborhood goverend by a communist group of homeowners i don't care how nice the area is . if i pay for the house the land and the taxes there is no way anyone is telling me what i can and cannot have on my property ! my 53 has been apart in the garage for awhile now but i drove it daily for many years , same for the 52 customline i had , and i raced for years so there was always some old car , truck or race vehicle here , and i park my work truck in front of my house ( the neighbors actually like it as it slows all the a-holes down who fly through the hood at speed and we got lots of kids walking and playing here ) . hoa's may be for some but not for me . at one time i had two 55 effies , my 53 effie , a 49 f4 a 55 f350 , and a 56 f600 here . all together and it didn't look like a junkyard either . some people like to get drunk , party , use drugs whatever and it's fine with all the peep's as long as it's socially acceptable , but my addiction is cars so the nabe's have just learned to accept my bad habits . now i got a buddy who lives in an hoa goverened hood and he can't even keep his 55 fairlane custom in his garage cause it's an eyesore , according to all the beemer and mercedes driving snobs who set the rules ................

Old 01-30-2016, 05:20 AM
gman97005
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 00BlueOvalRanger
I know of an HOA that got their collective rear-ends handed to them, by a Maryland Circuit Court Judge.

One of my neighbors submitted plans to the HOA "Architecture and Aesthetics" people, about building a 2-car garage, attached to his home.

Now, with that said, the HOA by-laws state that if you haven't heard back from the A&A people within 30 days, the application is to be considered "Approved" and you can begin.

Well, my neighbor sought (and got) a County Building Permit and submitted it along with the design plans, to the HOA.

After 45 days, he had still heard NOTHING.
He built his new 2-car garage, and everything in the construction was above (exceeded) building codes.

Ten (10) days after the garage was completed, my neighbor got a "nasty-gram" from the HOA telling him that he was in violation, and that he had to tear down the garage, until the plans were approved, but, since he was in such a hurry, they most likely would NOT approve his application.

Long story short....... the HOA hired a contractor to bulldoze the garage.

The HOA got sued, individually and collectively, regarding their actions.

The Court found in favor of the homeowner, and not only got the garage rebuilt to the same standards as it was originally built, the restitution (that was collected) was enough to pay-off the house.

The HOA was also given a cease and desist order on/toward any homeowner in that neighborhood (for that type of action), and to follow the HOA by-laws, or, the court would see the HOA management and board members, again.

Sometimes...... "the little guy" wins.
roflmao, good for him !!
I'm from Florida and very familiar with HOA mentality, they try to make it seem like it's not being 'personal' but it is, it's very personal when people start messing with your personal life, i would pick up some balloons and some gallons of oil based paint, a busy night would soon follow, the next day i would be filing complaints with all the HOA members that their multi colored vehicles are out of compliance and must be parked outside of the HOA boundaries
It's nothing personal ..

Old 01-31-2016, 01:38 PM
84espy
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So, what was/is the outcome for the OP?

Old 02-10-2016, 01:58 PM
monckywrench
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
One option is to garage such vehicles. I would never live in an HOA community though they do make nice "containment zones" for those who prefer a certain kind of neighborhood. That can keep them for lobbying for tighter codes elsewhere.

If you want freedom, avoid living close to other people or live near the right kind. My neighbors once asked if their frequent target practice bothered me. I told them to shoot even more, since no one in their right mind would trespass their property to molest mine.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:09 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by monckywrench
One option is to garage such vehicles.
The HOA probably wouldn't allow them to build a large enough building to fit a big truck.

I prefer rural living myself - I'm guessing most people on the Super Duty forum value personal freedom over societal pressures.

I once saw a political map on Jalopnik which showed what the most commonly registered vehicle was in each state that went "red or blue." Red states were overwhelmingly Ford F-series (probably lots of Silverados and RAMs as well, but those simply don't sell quite as well.)

Interesting.