General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Married and Cheatin' (Poll)!! Ever been tempted???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 03:04 PM
Jermafenser
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 09-02-2002, 08:50 PM
FXSTC
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-02-2002, 08:53 PM
FXSTC
Senior User

I'm 32...married 8 years, 2 kids, love my wife, but....a very attractive 22 year old friend is interested in me....I've resisted...but am getting weaker....need help!!!!

When on two wheels-
FXSTC
Mesa- AZ

2003, F-350, Lariat, V10, CC, LWB, Dark Shadow Grey, 6sp Manual, "get off your lazy *ss" FX4, 4.30, Camper Pkg, Sirius Satellite Radio, Borla cat-back, Granatelli MAF, K&N Gen II FIPK, et. al., ad infinitum, ad nauseum...

Old 09-02-2002, 09:04 PM
wolverineflight31
Senior User

uhh.... I'm only 16 and obviously never been married or cheated on anyone for that matter. But i'll give ya the point of view as a kid who's mom cheated on my dad. SCREWED MY LIFE UP for a lil while. It sent my older sister who was 13 (bad age for that) at the time into the wrong crowd and she's still out there b/c of it. My advice, don't do it. Have a talk w/ that girl and tell her to stay away if that's what it takes. Just my $.02, but its all ur call.

Old 09-02-2002, 09:21 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude you only live once so make your only chance worth remembering.
im only 19 years old, (be 20 in November) and for my age ive been with alot of girls, ~~yes i know, watch out for AIDS and STDs, but the more girls i have the more i want, i dont intend to live very long, i can have some pretty wild times, and i want to enjoy it as much as i can.

now, any of you out there who want to "da** me to hell" save your time. you bible thumpers who think you need to tell people like me how to run my life need to find a better way to occupy your own time.
when my day comes to leave this world ill always remember how much fun i had in my teenage years, how much money i made ( legally ) and never regret anything ive done.

now personally ive never cheated but alot of the girls i have been with, ( at least four of them ) had boyfriends at the time. 3 of those boyfriends found out but i am still here to tell about it.

now as for you, take advantage of it but interigate her first, make sure she isnt crazy, and try to ruin your marriage and DONT GET CAUGHT !!!!!

BuiltToughF250

Old 09-02-2002, 09:48 PM
Rocking M
Senior User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-Sep-02 AT 10:52 PM (EST)]Builttough250, it's a free country and to each his own. Your defensiveness might be taken offensively though. Ain't no thang just my $.02.

As for the temptation I see it happen a bunch in my career field. You see a lot of Captians in their 30s get sucked in by a 20 something flight attendant. They have their fun, but then you speak to a captain for a major airline, who is close to retirement, and all he can talk about is being poor due to alimony and child support. Another point is the fact that you can't hide it. Pilots live two lives, the home life and the airline life, yet they can never hide it from the significant other.

I don't really have much of an opinion on this and I certainly am not a very religious person. Although, the circumstances change when children enter the equation. All I ask is that you think of them first.

I hope I'm not preaching because I don't like to do that. I simply want to promote a little thought.

In closing, I hope this isn't "flame bait" because this site has always kept itself above that.

Old 09-02-2002, 09:49 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend

I'm probably not the one to give advice having been married three times but i can say that cheating was never an issue.The way i see it you have to look at the big picture. 1.Your wife of eight years who from your post you love.
2.Your kids (I assume from your wife)who i'm sure you love. 3.Your buisness do you want to jeopardize that.
Now looking at those three things ask yourself are you willing to risk losing all that for a fling with someone.I can also tell you from experience that divorce can be *expensive* as well as child support fortunatly i have custody of my daughters so i have never paid it(thank god).

Wiz

"Fear leads to anger;anger leads to hate;hate leads to suffering"........Yoda

http://www.clubfte.com/users/thewiz427/index.html

Old 09-02-2002, 10:33 PM
TorqueKing
Posting Guru

Reading this thread almost made me puke, so I'll throw my 2 cents at it:

I'm 21, and I envy those of you who have found a woman so vitrous, intellegent, and beautiful that you'd commit your life to her. If you really feel that seriously tempted to cheat, then you need to reexamine your life. What matter to you anymore? Listen to young Austin, that's the answer from start to finish. Even if she doesn't catch you, you'll know what you did, and I can't understand how you'd be able to look at yourself, your kids, and your wife in the morning. Nothing religeous here, builttoughF250, you're just plain despickable by any civilized standards, and you deserve someone equally as shallow and fickle, and you can expect her to cheat on you as shamelessly as you do it to others. Listen to guys like Wiz, who have been married for some time now. They have been very successful in their lives, and it hasn't been because they thought of themselves, and lived for the moment.

"Much you have to learn, young Padewan" -Yoda

'77 F100, 302 (the aftermarket Prodigy), C4
Cadet Second Lieutenant John F. Daly III
South Carolina Corps of Cadets, The Citadel
The TorqueKing

Old 09-02-2002, 11:27 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-Sep-02 AT 00:29 AM (EST)]Married one time (still am), 15 years, never tempted, never cheated. Been frustrated, angry, upset, etc.? Yes. BUT I made a COMMITMENT and a PROMISE. Those do still matter.
BuiltTough250, you are still young, perhaps you will grow wiser as you grow old. If not, then perhaps you will never grow old - doesn't seem like it matters to you. Yes, I'm "religious" - but that has no bearing on my impression based on your comments: yours appears to be a very self-serving lifestyle. TK described you in some rather "uncomplimentary" terms. I'll let his comments stand on their own, and close with this; You seem very proud of your lifestyle. Those who you might impress with it are probably not worth impressing.
Sorry if I sound judgemental - I just hope you someday find that commitment and self-discipline are, in fact, rewarding.
good luck,
Brian A
P.S. concernig your advice: "DON'T GET CAUGHT"...why not "DON"T CHEAT" ?

Old 09-02-2002, 11:30 PM
the law
Elder User

By God if you do something with that girl and mess up those kids, you'll know nothing but pain and sorrow. My parents have always been true to each other so I don't know from direct experience, but I've enough friends that are a little odd in the head courtesy of a cheating parent.
And BuilttoughF250, I'm gonna have to agree with TorqueKing. That type of behavior is disgusting. To have relations with someone that you know is involved with someone else is not decent.

The Law
1989 F-250 HD 4x4
460, C6, BW 13-56
Almost Stock

Old 09-03-2002, 12:01 AM
samhihn
Senior User

Yeah, Jason Walz of Mesa, Arizona This site is about an anonymous as you can get! Are you a man? Are you a sophmoric little punk like "BuiltToughF250" who uses people for his own pleasure? Be a man! The respect and love of your wife and children are like a treasure. Guard it well. Here's another way to look at it. "Hey! I think this 32 yr old chick is kind of checkin' me out. Her husband stays away some and has the hots for some 22yr old girl. Heck, I'm 56, got a little bit of money and I don't really care about her or her kids as long as I get what I want. Well I guess I could put up with the kids if I could get a get a chance at her. If her husband was a real man I wouldn't have a chance." Be strong Mr. Walz. I wish you well.

Old 09-03-2002, 12:12 AM
Rocking M
Senior User

I'm not a moderator, but I beg those of you on this board not to flame. I read various message boards, a bunch which relate to my job, and flaming only drives users away. It's hard to imagine, but there are those that post simply to antagonize others. The best defense (maybe offense) is to state your opinion without attacking those that post a differing or offensive opinion. Be the better man/woman and don't attack others!

Old 09-03-2002, 01:03 AM
1248bullitt
Junior User

tell your wife you want a 3-some with her and this other girl. See what she says. Yes: more power to you. No: atleast you tried, but don't cheat and if she is that hot send her my way.

Good luck.

Old 09-03-2002, 01:05 AM
cjcathey2002
Elder User

this is an interesting thread. i have another one going right now, i just proposed to my girlfriend. i am 18 years old, and we live 400 miles apart, i just started going to asu and she is going to san diego state, but i am trying to get it so i can transfer there or she can transfer here so we can be together. i may be young, but i have always been told that i am well beyond my age, and this lady has suprised me by being everything i could have ever imagined and more. i never will stray from her. she comes from a divorced family, and my family is not. in fact if you want to hear about love at first site, my parents
met and two weeks later my dad asker her to marry him, the only reason why the waqited for 4 months to actually get married was because my dad shattered his knee in a motorcycle accident. they have been married as of friday for 31 years and are still happily in love and married. i take a lot of inspiration from them, which makes me look down upon someone who even considers cheating. if you marry someone then cheat on them they are married for the wrong reasons.

just my 2 cents
i myself love this one and am not going to let anyone or anything from stopping us.

1977 F250 460
C6 Hedman Headers
Dual 40 series
edelbrock performer
holley 4160
msd 6a and blaster coil

Old 09-03-2002, 01:13 AM
samhihn
Senior User

Doug. I only meant to point out to Jason that he already has something of great value, a wife and two children. I also hoped to share the view that philanderers are generally held in contempt by most responsible people, regardless of the "preachings" of MTV and 3/4 of the music and movie crowd. Sometimes "help" in these situations is nothing more than showing "Cheating " for what it is. It is in fact a selfish act of irresponsibility with consequences far beyond the thrill of a "stroked" ego. When a fella writes that he's afraid he may be going astray and asks for a little help and some moron writes back saying to go for it, just "don't get caught" then I don't think It's wrong to say that the advice to "get what you can" is coming from an idiot. Sorry if you think thats,what do you call it? flaming? I think it's just calling a spade a spade. best wishes.

Quick Reply: Married and Cheatin' (Poll)!! Ever been tempted???