Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone between Tyler TX. and Roanoke VA. (or close) that can lend a hand and extract 4 head studs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Anyone between Tyler TX. and Roanoke VA. (or close) that can lend a hand and extract 4 head studs?

Razzi and I worked tirelessly trying to get the Borla headers 03Prerunner gave me that were sent to Snowseeker for a rebuild and then sent to me installed this last weekend. We got to a point where we had one mounted up but it just wasn't going to happen. We were both way to tired, and his woman kept coming out to the driveway and asking how much longer until she got her "Big snuggle bear". She said "Honey, you know I love my little spoon and I can't fall asleep unless I'm stroking your hair and holding you while you sleep like a baby... he asked not to mention that on the forum but I feel everyone here needs to know that yes, Razzi is the little spoon

So basically if anyone has a welder and can weld nuts onto the bolts that are inside the head (there are none sticking out) and can either help me get the manifolds snugged down so they don't leak or want to help me finish the install I would be extremely thankful. If the headers don't get installed on the way I think I'm just going to pass them on to another member and start saving up for the Banks and be done with it.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:45 PM
xxxbrutusxxx
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in Roanoke and "might" be able to give a hand on Friday. I can't PM (not enough posts?) but I think you can PM me for contact info or hit up a mod.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:48 PM
xhid
Freshman User
Just drill them out. Not that bad really. Just take your time

Old 05-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I'll see what I can make happen on my end bud. Have some friends with welders and one with a welding truck as well. Just a matter of schedules

Brutus, good looking out bud. Just a tip to get that lost count higher, peruse some miscellaneous threads and throw some relevant posts around. Even if they're just a compliment on a recent upgrade or modification. You'll be at PM status in a matter of minutes

Old 05-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by xhid
Razzi and I disagree on the ease of this

Old 05-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I have a welder and am in between TX and VA, just a little to the north.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Bigpipes 35
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by xhid

I think this is truly a last resort, I had to drill one of mine out and it was not fun, there are lots of horror stories of people drilling into the water jacket..

Old 05-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
I think I'm done with the Excursion. I miss my wife, I'm tired, I just want to go home and I'm stuck here with this damn truck. I've spent so much money on it and it's in worse shape than it was a week ago and I'm going to have to spend more money on it to get it to where it needs to be. I think I'm out, it's just to much stress for me now As soon as I get back to VA it's going up on CL.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:58 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
I think I'm out, it's just to much stress for me now As soon as I get back to VA it's going up on CL.
Sleep on this one buddy.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:54 PM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm a couple hours North of Roanoke in Charles Town WV but I have a couple welders. Let me know.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by hasteranger
I'm a couple hours North of Roanoke in Charles Town WV but I have a couple welders. Let me know.
I've been wanting to come meet you anyway so this might work out I think I'm going to buy a set of new Banks headers if I keep the truck and just run the OEM setup until then.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:31 PM
xhid
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Razzi and I disagree on the ease of this
Come on you young kids. I'm 60+ skinny wus did all my studs last year. Not THAT hard.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:42 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Think my macbook just gave up the ghost the week just gets better and better!!!!

Old 05-12-2015, 09:47 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For a stress free ownership experience, just drive it for a while...like a year or more while doing nothing but required pm and gas. Dont mod anything. Doing too much at once is tough. I did it with my last Corvette and it was less than enjoyable. Rather drive a less than perfect vehicle than stare at one on jackstands...hang in there!

Old 05-12-2015, 09:56 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
If you're still wanting to get it fixed and keep it, try these guys here in Wytheville:

.:: Smokin' Guns Performance & Accessories, LLC ::. << HOME >>

They can do virtually anything you want or need done and I've only heard good things about their work.

Quick Reply: Anyone between Tyler TX. and Roanoke VA. (or close) that can lend a hand and extract 4 head studs?