1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Just listed truck :'(

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Wayne Waldrep
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just listed truck :'(

Well I just listed the truck on ebay. Hope she sells.

I've kept it as long an I can. Sadly it has to go for now. Maybe one day I can get another one. Right now I feel as though I may need counseling!!!!

Just wanted you guys to know. She's not perfect but I loved her. Hope you guys don't pic her apart here for me to see....lol. Here is the item number...please be kind. 331551469428

BTW....Ya'll ARE NOT getting rid of me...just the truck

Old 05-10-2015, 08:58 PM
drptop70ss
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
That is a very nice truck, I love the steel wheel / small cap look. Good luck with the sale, if you cant get $15000 for that then the market is really down IMO.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Horizonblue
Senior User
Beautiful truck, Wayne. Sorry you have to sell her. Hope you make stupid money on it. Maybe some rock star will buy it!��

Old 05-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
Wayne, this is a beauty. I hope she finds a new owner that will give her the care she deserves. I will be interested to see what it finally goes for. Hopefully you will get a good price for her.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Mtphammer
Senior User
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you get what your asking for and more. Happy to hear you'll be hanging around the forum.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:38 AM
wallster
Elder User
Wayne, sorry to hear that you have to sell your baby but she looks great and I hope you sell it for a ton of dough. I have one more day left on my auction for Ol' Red as well (291454592977). I'm thinking of going in another direction with my cars (I'm selling my '29 model A as well) and I think most of my enjoyment comes from putting them together. I'm also looking for a minimum of $15K (which I believe is a fair price) but so far I have over 100 watchers but no bidders. I'm going to wait until it ends and see what happens. I'm not going to be heartbroken if she doesn't sell.
Good luck my friend and if you sell her doesn't mean that you become a stranger around here.

Wally

Old 05-11-2015, 10:11 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wallster
Wayne, sorry to hear that you have to sell your baby but she looks great and I hope you sell it for a ton of dough. I have one more day left on my auction for Ol' Red as well (291454592977). I'm thinking of going in another direction with my cars (I'm selling my '29 model A as well) and I think most of my enjoyment comes from putting them together. I'm also looking for a minimum of $15K (which I believe is a fair price) but so far I have over 100 watchers but no bidders. I'm going to wait until it ends and see what happens. I'm not going to be heartbroken if she doesn't sell.
Good luck my friend and if you sell her doesn't mean that you become a stranger around here.

Wally
Wally, it would have already sold except for the Chebby motor.
Just pulling your chain man. Nice truck.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:13 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Wayne Waldrep
Well I just listed the truck on ebay. Hope she sells.

I've kept it as long an I can. Sadly it has to go for now. Maybe one day I can get another one. Right now I feel as though I may need counseling!!!!

Just wanted you guys to know. She's not perfect but I loved her. Hope you guys don't pic her apart here for me to see....lol. Here is the item number...please be kind. 331551469428

BTW....Ya'll ARE NOT getting rid of me...just the truck
I will bid on it Wayne. I never win, I just drive the bids up. lololol

Old 05-11-2015, 10:32 AM
wallster
Elder User
Originally Posted by purplewg
Wally, it would have already sold except for the Chebby motor.
Just pulling your chain man. Nice truck.
I'm sure that some people definitely wouldn't buy it because of that!

Wally

Old 05-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Wayne Waldrep
Elder User
Thanks for the comments guys. And dangit Wally....I love your truck and never thought I'd see it go. Good luck to you too.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:12 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
So sorry Wayne, its always sad when anyone of us is forced to sell our truck. I especially like the hood latch you fabled in on yours, its pretty cool. Anyway I'm glad your still going to be on the board, and hope another truck is in your future. Blessings.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Wayne Waldrep
Elder User
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
So sorry Wayne, its always sad when anyone of us is forced to sell our truck. I especially like the hood latch you fabled in on yours, its pretty cool. Anyway I'm glad your still going to be on the board, and hope another truck is in your future. Blessings.
Hey Jimmy!! Thanks my friend. It's all cool. I have an old raggedy mustang to drive...lol.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:23 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Wallster it looks like you got your bid. Hope it works. I sold a Harley on ebay and the guy didn't pay. He just wanted to know what my reserve was. lol

Old 05-12-2015, 08:43 AM
wallster
Elder User
Originally Posted by purplewg
Wallster it looks like you got your bid. Hope it works. I sold a Harley on ebay and the guy didn't pay. He just wanted to know what my reserve was. lol
Thanks. The guy who bid called me on my way home from work yesterday with some questions and he couldn't believe nobody had bid on it. He said that he'd pay $15k for the truck (plus have it shipped) but not more (he was pretty cool, he said most people are weirdo's who want a $35K truck for $15K and he knows what he's getting in to) so if nobody else bids he says he's all in. If the deal goes south I'll just keep the old girl. I have a deposit down on another project but if it doesn't materialize no big deal, that's life. I hope Wayne makes out well because he sounds like he's in a jam.

Wally

Old 05-12-2015, 08:49 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wayne- I had to sell my F3 about 7 months ago. Got it 20 years ago out of the last barn in Chicago! Worked on it off and on for a long time ($ & time available) then I found the forum and got serious about it. Finally got it road worthy when my back totally gave out and I was afraid to drive it for safety reasons-not sure if I could get to brake fast enough in a panic stop. I was really bummed but a lot of good people on this forum helped make it easier. There is fun to be had with this goofy group of people (said in awe and affection) so no matter what keep coming back on here. It will be good for you and all of us as you have a lot to share. Have fun.

Quick Reply: Just listed truck :'(