Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon or Bakflip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1L243
I have a Rampage motorcycle lift bolted to the bed of my truck. The main frame of the lift is about 8"high.
(...)
I was hoping someone with a 1999 to 2006 long bed ford F250 (97" bed) could measure the distance from folded Peragon to the bed of the truck.
I'm confident you'll have 8" below the folded Peragon cover, but just to be sure - BPofMD has that truck with Peragon cover. Bud, when you have a minute, would you mind retracting your Peragon cover and measuring from the bottom of the folded panels to the top of a ridge (high point) on the bed floor?

Old 11-17-2015, 04:33 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 983 Posts
Sure will Heath.... Just saw this a few min ago..... been a little busy with Ma Nature the past few days.... the leaves - they are a fallin'. If it ain't raining tomorrow I'll get'er done.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:31 PM
1L243
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks will be looking forward to what you find out..

Old 11-18-2015, 09:45 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 983 Posts
Here ya go - measured 8 inches - plus or minus 1/16" from side to side.... a schoch higher on the drivers side.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:04 PM
1L243
Laughing Gas
Thanks for doing that. It looks like I will make it by the skin of my teeth!

Old 11-19-2015, 12:08 PM
1L243
Laughing Gas
Ordered it! Thanks for the help...

Old 11-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Ordered it! Thanks for the help...
Thank you for the order! If you need anything when your Peragon cover arrives or down the road, please let us know - we'll be here!

Old 11-25-2015, 04:51 PM
Glockem45
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ok ya'll, I finally got around to installing my Peragon cover today. Took me a while (4 hours), I made some mistakes, and the Peragon Installation folks on the phone are awesome.

I will write up a review, with pictures once I make my final adjustments for the rails as they are a bit tight at the moment.

Remember this. This is an American company, and when you call them, you get someone that speaks English, and knows about their product, and is willing to help, listen to your issues, and provide solutions to try. I could not believe the quality of the two phone calls I made to them today.

Heath, you have a heck of a company from start to finish.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Glockem45
Ok ya'll, I finally got around to installing my Peragon cover today. Took me a while (4 hours), I made some mistakes, and the Peragon Installation folks on the phone are awesome.

I will write up a review, with pictures once I make my final adjustments for the rails as they are a bit tight at the moment.

Remember this. This is an American company, and when you call them, you get someone that speaks English, and knows about their product, and is willing to help, listen to your issues, and provide solutions to try. I could not believe the quality of the two phone calls I made to them today.

Heath, you have a heck of a company from start to finish.
Thank you! That just makes me smile! Hearing your feedback makes me very proud of our team. I told them that as I passed along your comments for them to enjoy too. We'll continue to work hard to earn that reputation every day with every customer!

Old 12-11-2015, 01:39 AM
1L243
Laughing Gas
I received my Peragon Cover earlier than expected. I was a little worried as Fedex delivered one box one day and the other the next.

I started my install late in the garage (once I got the Canopy removed).

I read the instructions and watched the video's. I found the video's most helpful and just took my computer out in the garage and followed along.

Once I got the frame together and brackets mounted I had to detour from the instructions because I had to come up with a way to get the 3 sided frame on the back of the truck by myself. I added a 4" strip of plywood to the rear of the frame by sliding bolts down the track and bolting through the plywood. This made the frame rigid and I could get it on the truck by myself.

Once I got the frame on the top rail of the bed I removed the plywood and connected the frame to the brackets after measuring and spacing according to instructions. The only problem I ran into was when setting the 4"ramp bolt on my bed it happen to be in a recessed part of the bed and the 4" bolt was about 1" too short. That was easily fixed.

I have to admit, I spent some time with those spacers trying to get the panels to pull and retract easily but, I came to find out they are just snug. I think it is due to the tight seals to keep the water out. Now, if you have to put both feet on the back bumper and pull then you got a problem but with mine, it's just snug when I pull it closed and when I open I have to help it with a little shove for about 12" or so and then it opens. Instructions say it will get easier over time.

I think it came out pretty good.

On a side note, the reason I went this route was I installed a Rampage Motorcycle Lift in the back of my truck So I can take the bike along when towing the RV. I made a platform that sits just over the top of the lift so the bed of the truck can still be used. When the center section of plywood is removed along with the Peragon panels the lift can be used. I also am making some wheel well storage boxes so I can store some tools. (Note to Peragon, have you thought of selling a storage case or Duffle for the panels as an accessory)?

I made a Dolly for the canopy so I can unload and store it by myself .

Old 12-11-2015, 04:44 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
^^^^^

Fantastic write up sir, reps sent.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
(Note to Peragon, have you thought of selling a storage case or Duffle for the panels as an accessory)?
Thank you for sharing your Peragon install experience - looks great! The way you've customized your truck bed with the motorcycle lift and plywood platform is pretty slick.

A storage duffle for the panels has crossed our radar before, but hasn't made it to the action stage. That would be handy. I just added that to my "tickler list" for projects to tackle as our team has time.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:28 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Peragon
Thank you for sharing your Peragon install experience - looks great! The way you've customized your truck bed with the motorcycle lift and plywood platform is pretty slick.

A storage duffle for the panels has crossed our radar before, but hasn't made it to the action stage. That would be handy. I just added that to my "tickler list" for projects to tackle as our team has time.
A local upfitter here has a swing out tool box that mounts to the inside of the bed and latches. They offer this free with certain bed cover installations.

I'll bet you could do some recon on similar ideas to help customize the inside of the bed and make that awesome Peragon even better.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by tseekins
A local upfitter here has a swing out tool box that mounts to the inside of the bed and latches. They offer this free with certain bed cover installations.

I'll bet you could do some recon on similar ideas to help customize the inside of the bed and make that awesome Peragon even better.
We won't rest until we've achieved total world domination!

Old 12-12-2015, 04:31 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Peragon
We won't rest until we've achieved total world domination!
Attaboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Peragon or Bakflip?