1967 ford 500 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

1967 ford 500

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Senior User

reddogracing is starting off with a positive reputation.
1967 ford 500

Need some ideas.

I want to build a 67 Ford 500 police cruiser. I want to power it with a V10 (supercharged) and if we can do it without it being to tall and cumbersome, 4x4.

What is best way to accomplish this, donors etc.

V10 got it, supercharger will be simple lightning setup modded to fit the v10 nothing to over the top.

i am thinking engine trans from superduty, and axles and suspension setup from a 150?

I think a straight axle will be to tall.

stock 500 tire size is 27.4"

i do not have a good phot shop right now or I would do some overlays to see how it would look. I do no t mind taller, easier to get in an d out, but not to point of top heavy. minivan hieght or lower.

1999 F-350 LAR 7.3l 6spd CC LB DRW 4x4 stock

Old 05-08-2015, 03:26 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
a V10 should make it move, add a supercharger and i bet it will be a blast to drive.
i know my 66 with a 428 is.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.