Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

May chat/BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 07:58 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Guess I really have been busy the last week, here it is the 7th and I'm finally getting around to posting in the monthly thread. I should be ashamed...but after all these years and mileage with a 6.0L...I feel no such thing thanks to those bullies that motivate those noisy 7.3L down the road.

Woo hoo! I've been promoted under this new regime that has taken power. Hopefully the new emperor will let it slide this one time since I wasn't aware of my new promotion.
Do you drink a lot?

Originally Posted by Old_Crow
I came about ><this close to buying a Ford diesel pickup last week.
Seems more like >..............................................< this close.

Originally Posted by mechmagcn
just couldn't pass up the $200 price tag.
Jeez I wish I knew which rocks to look under for that kind of stuff.

Last edited by cookie88; 05-07-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:21 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
Jeez I wish I knew which rocks to look under for that kind of stuff.
From what the guy says its possible the only thing wrong may be a CPS, it shut down driving down the road and he just drug it home. Been sitting in a field ever since. Supposed to be well over 300K on the clock, so I'm not too hopeful that its that easy.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:04 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The big killer for me was the rust. NO outer skin left on either rocker. The back door on the passenger side had a pretty big rust hole, the bed was beat to crap on the inside, and the seats were torn up.
If I'd have wanted that much of a project, I'd have bought the 1ton. I could have pulled the motor out of my truck and got it running. There's another cab/chassis and a truck load of parts to go with that one.
LMC should have my cab corners and floor board to me by Monday. Brakes and steering to follow.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:09 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas

Seems more like >..............................................< this close.

You don't understand. For me, it was ><this close.
My only thought in regards to the motor in that truck was how much crap you guys would have given me if I'd bought it.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:51 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
You don't understand. For me, it was ><this close.
My only thought in regards to the motor in that truck was how much crap you guys would have given me if I'd bought it.
I wouldn't have given you crap... now Zack, well yea, probably... but its all in good fun.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
I knew that, same as the crap I give you guys.
Like I said, the motor was #3 on the list, and actually, more than the rust, the words "plow truck" decided me.
I spent a couple of winters in Flagstaff, and I've got a pretty good idea of how hard plow trucks are worked. Makes the life of a mud truck look easy.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:13 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Been a busy couple of days...as I feared a couple of months ago my employment here in Ft. Smith came to an end yesterday. Their excuse was my "bad attitude", though they gave me high marks on everything else (job performance, attendance...etc). I guess they couldn't understand my tolerance for BS is very short and I'm not blind...I have this nasty habit for calling folks out on such crap. While I'm not upset about the end, it had been bothering me for awhile; it didn't go down how I wanted. The plus side, on my way home from the meeting where I turned my stuff in...I got a phone call from a recruiter trying to set up an interview on Monday; which I do have. The only down side, if I take this job I'll be back on the road again. It will be interesting to see what they have to say Monday afternoon.
Guess I'm losing my resistance too, just bought another 97 PSD F350. Not sure yet what I'm gonna do with it, just couldn't pass up the $200 price tag. ;-)
Even if it doesn't run, the sum of the parts are worth more than that. But you really do need another PSD in the stable. That MB in your '53 is going to let you down one day.
Do you drink a lot?
Pretty sure the turbine tech was asking me this a couple of days ago. Coffee & ice tea...you beat, I do my part to keep Folgers & Lipton in business. Adult beverages? Nope, my body is a temple.
Me? Give someone a load of crap??? Heck, I would have bought you the oil & filters for the first oil change since you finally came to your senses. I know I know, it's too much. But it's the least I could do.
Originally Posted by tojoski
I wouldn't have given you crap... now Zack, well yea, probably... but its all in good fun.
And here y'all go throw the lone 6.0L driver in this chapter under the bus....YET again. That's alright I've got broad shoulders...and an even broader gut to handle the burden.
I spent a couple of winters in Flagstaff, and I've got a pretty good idea of how hard plow trucks are worked. Makes the life of a mud truck look easy.
My mother's side of the clan is from the great white north (Michigan); with that said as a youngster (10-12) we went to my Grandmother's for Christmas once. Snow everyday was different for this kid from Arkansas. Going for a ride one night with the uncle on his plowing rounds in a 3/4 Chubby...that was an eye opener.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:59 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
From what the guy says its possible the only thing wrong may be a CPS, it shut down driving down the road and he just drug it home. Been sitting in a field ever since. Supposed to be well over 300K on the clock, so I'm not too hopeful that its that easy.
Probably not...... but wouldn't that be cool

Contrary to popular belief. It matters not to me what you have under the hood. Well...... except for the bow ties. I do find those offensive. Lol.

Last edited by cookie88; 05-10-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:29 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Contrary to popular belief. It matters not to me what you have under the hood. Well...... except for the bow ties. I do find those offensive. Lol.
Unless you drive a 6.0L....

Old 05-11-2015, 01:13 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Grrr!!!!! Water is on the rise again! With all of the rain upstream of us we are going yo see another major flood, might even go higher this time. Oh well, river rat problems. ;-)

Old 05-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Boy, I saw how high the Little Red is in Shirley today, I can imagine what everything downstream from there is like. Good luck!

Scott, I searched for a while for the 302 for my truck. I wanted to keep a Ford a Ford. I'm like that.

I was sorely tempted a couple of times, though. I've got a '70-something Malibu sitting behind the shop with a small block 400/THM400 drivetrain just going to waste.

Kinda upset me when I went looking for headers for my truck, Summit and JEGs both carry headers for a SBC motor in the old Ford truck. No one carries headers to swap a 302 into the same truck. Ended up with stock truck manifolds and glass packs.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:17 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by zhilton
Unless you drive a 6.0L....
Look around dude. You're the only one propagating.

Scott, I searched for a while for the 302 for my truck. I wanted to keep a Ford a Ford. I'm like that.
Roger that. One of the AF kids showed up to work today in a 52 Ford pickup that I didn't know he had. Chop top, candy red, super sexy...... Until I saw it was sitting on a Pontiac chassis with a 350/350. Threw up a little in my mouth after that.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:02 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Yeah, there used to be a guy around Mtn View who had a '62 Unibody with a Chevy drive train and bow tie tail lights frenched into the rear roll pan.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:57 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
The way I feel about that is, its your truck, do what you want to as long as you keep this old iron on the road! I'm surprised that no one has ever given me crap about the MB diesel in my 53.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:24 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Jeff I feel your pain on rain fall. The NWS/NOAA is saying in the last seven days, 9.96 inches of water has fallen on Fort's Myth. And we have all the water coming from Oklahoma's storms last weekend to deal with. Time to double check the home owner's policy...even though we're not in a 100-year flood plain.
Look around dude. You're the only one propagating.
You know...that's one of those words that could be turned the wrong way; especially in this crowd. But again, I'm used to the abuse from some folks around here.
Yeah, there used to be a guy around Mtn View who had a '62 Unibody with a Chevy drive train and bow tie tail lights frenched into the rear roll pan.
The one I see frequently around here...that bugs me are the old '30s Ford Coupes and t-buckets that have 305's & 350's stuffed into them. I get it...the small block Chubbies are cheap, easy to come by and WalMart stocks parts for them if you get somewhere and it gives you trouble. But it's still a bowtie in a Blue Oval automobile....there should be a law against that.

Now the guys that are putting late '90s vintage 302's from Explorers/F150s into older Mustangs & Broncos....ain't a thing in the world wrong with that.

Quick Reply: May chat/BS thread