6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

No compression with only 205 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:15 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NoahCount
Well, the funny part is that I had the dark green one picked out and they had even drawn up the papers on it. My wife convinced me that I always buy a black truck and it matched our trailer. So I told them, hey, bring that one over here....I've been wondering what I was thinking ever since, but I can't NOT drive a black truck. The green was 'almost' black I told myself....
I think we found the source of the problem, eh Roy! He turned down the Green Gem for Black!
J/K....looks like you'll be getting some windshield time soon, trust me, you're gonna love the truck!

Old 05-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,946 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
I think we found the source of the problem, eh Roy! He turned down the Green Gem for Black!
J/K....looks like you'll be getting some windshield time soon, trust me, you're gonna love the truck!
Yes Mitch.....The color must be the problem..................

Old 05-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Powerdude
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read this whole thread in its entirety.

The only good thing about it was how cool under pressure the OP was.

A 55k top of the line King Ranch with 205.5 miles on it dying because of a cheap Mexican spring is not really that funny.

Call me cynical, but why can't friggin Ford make this engine in the good old USA? So they can save 5 pennies on a cheap Mexican spring and pay $3000k on a repair? Yeah, that makes sense.

I find it pathetic. Why can't one person on this thread see that? Sorry, but I like to call a turd a turd when I see it.

Ford Will Spend $2.5 Billion to Expand Manufacturing in Mexico - WSJ

Last edited by Powerdude; 05-06-2015 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 05-07-2015, 06:49 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Let's focus on the issue rather than the geopolitical argument about where the engine should be made. Feel free to start another thread on it, but let's not get into that here.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:20 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Deleted, I missed the pic.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
Deleted, I missed the pic.
It's still showing for me. Are you looking at the right post?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15332939

Old 05-07-2015, 08:40 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Wondering what the leak down test showed. I would say if there is no value damage you got very lucky (keeping in perspective the situation). If it's just the spring and they have one available today I would assume you'll have the truck back today or tomorrow at the latest.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:53 AM
NoahCount
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Monster-4
Wondering what the leak down test showed. I would say if there is no value damage you got very lucky (keeping in perspective the situation). If it's just the spring and they have one available today I would assume you'll have the truck back today or tomorrow at the latest.
Thanks, Mike. They have had the truck since last Thursday and it will be Monday of next week before it's ready. I don't understand why the delay and I'm not going to get wound around the axle about it like I did yesterday. Lots of confusion and miscommunication on what's being done and when it will be ready. There is a Ford CSM working on answers but I'm pretty much at the point where I just need to be calm and wait for my truck to get repaired.

Maybe I can get them to paint it another color and it will run better???

Old 05-07-2015, 09:17 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
If something like this were ever to happen to me and my brand new, very expensive truck, I hope that I am able to represent myself publicly as well as you have here.

Bruce....

Old 05-07-2015, 10:03 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Good luck Noah, I hope you get your truck back soon

It is interesting how a broken valve spring would not lead to piston / valve contact in a zero clearance engine. Maybe on the compression stroke the compression is enough enough to close the valve but what about on the exhaust stroke?

I am not trying to stir the pot, I am genuinely interested. Hopefully mchan will chime in

Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 AM
NoahCount
Freshman User
Thanks Bruce. This has not been easy (and it's still ongoing) but I'm trying hard to remain calm with varying degrees of success. All of you guys have been a great support group to let me vent a bit. Much appreciated.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:35 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom
It's still showing for me. Are you looking at the right post?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15332939
I meant that I made a comment before I saw the pic therefore the comment didn't apply.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:51 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 6,969 Likes on 2,190 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
Good luck Noah, I hope you get your truck back soon

It is interesting how a broken valve spring would not lead to piston / valve contact in a zero clearance engine. Maybe on the compression stroke the compression is enough enough to close the valve but what about on the exhaust stroke?

I am not trying to stir the pot, I am genuinely interested. Hopefully mchan will chime in
We are on the same page then. I'm a little confused myself on how a valve stuck on the open stroke with no clearance isn't making contact.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:54 AM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
NoahCount. At the conclusion of the repair, please look at your copy of the invoice and post all part numbers charged out on the repair order. It would probably be a better idea to continue our contact via private message, due to where I'm employed.

The only thing I will comment on publicly, is that when there is any type of interaction of more than one party, all too often the actual events being communicated can more easily than not, become skewered in the process. Even more so is in situations like this, where the service advisor is the liason to the customer. In this particular scenario however, we aren't talking about a very simple case of a vehicle needing a set of brake pads and rotors needing to be communicated to the customer. We are talking about what appears to be a catastrophic engine failure that seems to have occurred. To what degree the failure exists directly, is only known to the technician doing the repair. All I can offer, is for everyone to appreciate this to be a very difficult process to follow through with, the customer, the service advisor, the service manager, the repairing technician, as well as the warranty administrator (who has to process this claim to FoMoCo once the repair is completed and the work order closed).

I by no means, find any of this be amusing to any degree, and anyone who does needs to have their head examined.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:28 PM
NoahCount
Freshman User
Thank for the information, mchan. I'll reach out to you on PM.

So far, every post I"ve seen has been very supportive and have made some good points. There are some good-natured comments posted that didn't offend me in the least and were appreciated. Mentally this has been the longest, most exhausting week of my life. Will be glad to get this behind me.

Thanks agian, mchan. Your Ford Ninja Abilities are very much needed right now.

Quick Reply: No compression with only 205 miles