6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

No compression with only 205 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 07:16 PM
NoahCount
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jonrjen
Noah, what dealer did you purchase your truck at......just curious?
I think it best to hold off on the name of the dealership for the moment. It is a small dealership southwest of Dallas and I'm not looking to cause them grief. They are in the same boat I am (minus the financial outlay) in that neither of us understand what happened or why. We'll know more when the head gets pulled off tomorrow or Tuesday. I am relocating to the area for a new job and thought I would support the local dealership by paying a bit more than I could elsewhere but getting to know the guys and girls that I was buying from and would be dealing with for what I hope is a long time to come. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess. Seriously, they were as surprised as I was (ok, maybe not quite, but close) and they haven't had a fair chance to deal with the issue yet. The truck gets picked up tomorrow from the dealership closest to my breakdown that it was towed to. I'm not going to huff and puff and yell about what I will or won't do until I hear what their proposed remedy is. I may be perfectly happy with their solution, I just don't know yet. And they can't make a good determination until they get the head off of the truck, in my opinion.
As far as asking for a replacement vehicle, I'm not saying that is what I want and I'm not ruling that out, but I can't make a reasonable decision until we find out what happened here. If my truck is now considered 'used' maybe I'll be willing to trade them mine for one of their 'used' ones with 205 on the odometer....but that is getting WAY ahead of the game here.

I'll keep you guys posted. I wasn't trying to start a fight with the dealership or Ford before I hear their solution, I was just trying to find out if this is a common problem with the 6.7l 2015 F250. It clearly isn't, so that is actually in a strange way comforting. I thought maybe I had picked a big giant King Ranch lemon, but it sounds like I just got really, really unlucky.

The opinions and advice are much appreciated, though. I'll update when I get more info.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Good job keeping an even keel through all of this. Let us know what they find.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:22 PM
NoahCount
Freshman User
Thanks, Tom. Truth be told I'm going ape on the inside, but trying to be cool on the outside.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:23 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You are a very level headed person and I and I'm sure the dealership appreciates that. I could also app. a level of frustration but your attitude will probably get you further than a few of the hot heads that I've seen.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:28 PM
NoahCount
Freshman User
Thank you, CJ. I wish I could say I'm always like this, but I TRY to get all the facts before losing my temper. It took my wife a lot of years to train me on that one....

Old 05-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,986 Likes on 1,594 Posts
Originally Posted by NoahCount
Thank you, CJ. I wish I could say I'm always like this, but I TRY to get all the facts before losing my temper. It took my wife a lot of years to train me on that one....
Good for her.....
She must be a keeper.......

Old 05-03-2015, 10:37 PM
dustyroad
Fleet Mechanic
Received 209 Likes on 158 Posts
Is there a 3 day return law? I'd send that truck right back and never look back.
Wouldn't even deal with warranty issues.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:03 AM
NoahCount
Freshman User
Originally Posted by dustyroad
Is there a 3 day return law? I'd send that truck right back and never look back.
Wouldn't even deal with warranty issues.
I hadn't heard of this one before, so I had to look that up. I just wanted to understand all of my options, but it doesn't look like it applies to vehicles bought at a dealership.

Per the Texas Attorney General's website at https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...cel-a-purchase

Many consumers are under the impression that they have a 3-day right to cancel any and all consumer purchases. However, this is not true. The right to cancel law applies only to very specific situations.

The 3-day right to cancel law applies to sales made at facilities other than the seller's place of business. Such locations may be the consumer's residence and places rented on a temporary or short-term basis, such as hotel rooms or convention centers.

But I appreciate the thought.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:37 AM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Noah,
I wasn't asking for the dealerships name to cause them any form of negative publicity, harm or damage. I guess I should have asked you to PM me the name of the dealership. I have a good history with a few dealerships and a few contacts I was going to offer and maybe be of benefit should your selling dealer be one of these.

Either way, I do feel confident that Ford will treat you right. Please update us on your status as exploration of cause and options present themselves.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:42 AM
NoahCount
Freshman User
Originally Posted by jonrjen
Noah,
I wasn't asking for the dealerships name to cause them any form of negative publicity, harm or damage. I guess I should have asked you to PM me the name of the dealership. I have a good history with a few dealerships and a few contacts I was going to offer and maybe be of benefit should your selling dealer be one of these.

Either way, I do feel confident that Ford will treat you right. Please update us on your status as exploration of cause and options present themselves.
My apologies, I didn't mean it that way. I just didn't want to broadcast their name at this point while they are still trying to acquire the truck and get a look at the problem. I'd be happy to PM you (if I can figure out how ) with the name. I may need those contacts later, but first I want to see what their solution might be.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:49 AM
22rimfire
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP, you can add me to your support group. As the owner of an only 3 Week old 6.7 with only 650 miles on it now, I can only imagine the frustration. Hang in there, and I'll echo that you're doing the right thing by not blowing a gasket at the dealership. Calm, but forceful will win the day, and I'm sure they know that your warranty entitles you to a new condition truck.

I would tell the service manager that communication is vital, and you want updates at every stage of the process. That you must be involved. Then thank him whenever he calls, so he knows you appreciate it.

Sounds to me like you unfortunately got a manufacturing fluke. All will be well. Hang in there, and God's speed.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:08 AM
dustyroad
Fleet Mechanic
Received 209 Likes on 158 Posts

Per the Texas Attorney General's website at https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...cel-a-purchase

But I appreciate the thought.
dang I guess I bought into that myth. I thought when I bought a vehicle a while back there was something in the paperwork about 3 day period. That vehicle is long gone and wasn't in TX either so yea my apologies for bad info.
Well I guess I would be fighting for a new engine and nothing fixed.
New is new to me, not 200 miles and top end rebuild.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:13 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
...I just didn't want to broadcast their name at this point while they are still trying to acquire the truck and get a look at the problem...
Welcome to the forum, NoahCount; I'm Crystal, the Ford Service rep here. I'm glad your dealership is getting things headed in the right direction. It sounds like you're going to work with them one-on-one for now, but if you need me to step in and assist at any point, just let me know.

Crystal

Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 PM
donovan
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Sorry to hear

Noah.
Sorry to hear about failure. I "think" ford will provide a NEW engine, and you should ask for a warrant increase. I would ask for additional 5 years 100,000 mile warrant. That could be a bit much, but you can ask.

With so few miles on the truck ford will take care of you.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:01 PM
NoahCount
Freshman User

205.5 miles. Going on a rollback truck.

The advice you all have given me is very much appreciated. I never expected anything like the response I've gotten when I asked about the 2015 6.7l. I'm not really a 'message board' guy, so this is my first experience with this level of support. Thank you.

Latest update: we're not off to a good start. Dealership had 'tow truck issues' and it will be tomorrow before they can pick it up instead of today. I politely pointed out that there seem to be quite a few tow trucks in Texas and that one of those could be acquired but at the end of the conversation, we're still looking at tomorrow before it's even picked up from the other dealership....trying to keep my cool here and give them a chance but we're already slipping the date before a wrench touches the truck. Not the best of signs.

Quick Reply: No compression with only 205 miles