6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

No compression with only 205 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:50 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NoahCount
Thanks, guys. Worst part is not knowing and inventing imaginary problems to worry about. Trying not to do that, but seeing that brand new puppy go on a roll back truck is messing with my head. You're right, let the pros take their shot and I'll make sure I'm happy with their solution to the problem. Nothing to be done until I get more info next week, so I've gotta relax. I appreciate the experience you are bringing to the table. I'll relax now...
Easy for us to say relax, I can't imagine the frustration, not because I'd be worried about the repair, but the fact that a brand new truck needs repair in the first place, but it happens. As everyone has said, Ford will make it right and I wouldn't sweat the repairs. Welcome to the herd!

Old 05-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,502 Likes on 1,384 Posts
Originally Posted by jonrjen
205 miles, I think I would be asking Ford for a replacement truck not a new motor. Personally I don't that would be out of line to ask.
X2 What he said. What a bummer, I'm sure Ford will get it fixed up for you without a problem. But it is still a bummer.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:04 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
No compression with only 205 miles

205 miles, I think I would be asking Ford for a replacement truck not a new motor. Personally I don't that would be out of line to ask.
That would be out of line. Why should for replace his now used truck with a new one?

Old 05-02-2015, 11:05 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,562 Likes on 730 Posts
My 2003 truck was built the first week of production. The tranny failed about 30 days after I got the truck. Ford put in a new tranny. Had to wait a week for them to ship it out, since there were none in the distribution chain.

Ford got me a loaner to drive and returned the truck as soon as the tranny arrived. Never had another problem with it. Worked great.

Engine is a bigger deal. But I'm sure Ford and the dealer will take care of it.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:01 AM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
That would be out of line. Why should for replace his now used truck with a new one?
Dealing in a Gesture of "Good Faith", comes to mind. The Right of Reasonable Customer Expectation is another.

Ford could take the truck back and suck up any losses. And at the same time receive more favorable word of mouth advertising by doing so than what the cost difference of putting him in a new truck would ever purchase for the same money.

And YES, I am a share holder of Ford stock, I don't think this is going to hurt the bottom line of the P&L Statement next quarter.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:11 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
I've seen a great many folks over the years talk of how they are demanding a new truck when something big breaks. I have never seen one of them get it. They're gonna most likely replace the engine, not the truck.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:12 AM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Tom
I've seen a great many folks over the years talk of how they are demanding a new truck when something big breaks. I have never seen one of them get it. They're gonna most likely replace the engine, not the truck.
I can understand the position of too many people "demanding" a new truck for large time consuming repairs being a frivolous demand.

However, give the extreme low miles on the truck and ownership of 2 days, to expect a customer to tolerate the hardship of down time for the vehicle to be repaired due to a major engine repair or replacement does not seem justly fair to the customer.

Also please keep in mind that the Original Poster has not demanded or even ask for a replacement vehicle. And at no point did I mention the word "Demand". I did say that if it were me, I would ask for a new replacement, which I feel would be fair under the circumstances in this case.
After all, if you don't ask, you will never know what could have been.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:27 AM
BigBlueOx
Posting Guru
After all, if you don't ask, you will never know what could have been.
Agreed.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Fair enough, very curious to see how this plays out.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom
Tom,

I've had a couple of vehicles, including a Ford Excursion replaced when something big went bad right away with it. It was a first run 6.0L Diesel and the dealer was having trouble getting it to start. It was before Ford found out that the wiring harness was chaffing and shorting out. New owner put well over 100K miles on it after the fix too. It was on my Ford Sync page for a long time.

I can give more examples and from people that I have helped get entire vehicles replaced.

A lot of whether that can or will happen depends on what is wrong and how long it takes to fix.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:16 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
I think a lot of it also has to do with communications and the manner in which it is presented. It's should not be made personal to either party. No need to raise a voice. No speaking of legal action nor need for an attorney, that is the fastest way to stop any open negotiation. As Sgt. Joe Friday on Dragnet would say "just the facts".

Old 05-03-2015, 02:09 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
VERY Interested in the outcome

As a Ford dealership technician since 2000, this thread has caught my attention. With the 6.7L diesel now out in production, in exactly the same number of years as the 6.0L was for Ford's F-Series Super Duty trucks, I can honestly say the issues have been relatively minor comparing the the two. Although this is probably very little consolation to the OP, I am very interested in the outcome of this situation. Please post every detail of how this plays out.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:55 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by m-chan68
As a Ford dealership technician since 2000, this thread has caught my attention. With the 6.7L diesel now out in production, in exactly the same number of years as the 6.0L was for Ford's F-Series Super Duty trucks, I can honestly say the issues have been relatively minor comparing the the two. Although this is probably very little consolation to the OP, I am very interested in the outcome of this situation. Please post every detail of how this plays out.
Agreed but a lot of the 6.0 early problems was a lack of understanding of the new platform. A lot of the redundant repairs were because of parts being thrown at them. Case in point the correlation between the oil and egr coolers was a learning curve. A lot of egr coolers replaced and the culprit, root cause, was actually the oil cooler. I think Ford has been more pro-active getting their techs up to speed with the 6.7.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know about getting a new truck in exchange, but a new engine and a new truck to drive while the other is being repaired wouldn't be out of line.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:39 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Guy at work just had the motor in his 3 day old Chevy blow, block heater was cross threaded from the factory and let go, draining all the coolant, needles to say, he got a brand new truck after.

I know I'd be asking for a new replacement if my truck had such issues with low mileage.

Quick Reply: No compression with only 205 miles