hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Final exam probably scares em away

Old 05-09-2015, 01:50 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm , Maybe they don't drive FORDs and would be embarrass when they show up at the GIG in a Prius. hell I think most of my post count would be from Here

Old 05-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
Went for an awesome ride in a 1929 Ford Tri Motor today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMfU...ature=youtu.be

Old 05-09-2015, 07:26 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hanklin
Final exam probably scares em away

There was an exam? Shoot, I missed it...

Old 05-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Wow! Getting to ride in a Ford Tri-Motor would have been awesome!

So it is the final exam eh? I knew we should have made it a simple test. Actually it would not matter if members arrived at a GTG in a Prius as this is a Ford Truck Enthusiast site, however, enthusiasts of one make of vehicle usually have at least one vehicle of that make. Unless of course they are in high school, and papa or grandpa hasn't given them the old farm truck yet. At least we are not alone in the apathy department. Conversing with other chapter leaders recently about this and pretty much all the chapters are going through a "slow" period. So I guess I'll just have to live with it. I will make one change though, instead of approving everyone who wants to be a chapter member, I will check to see how many posts they have on FTE first, and if it is under 25, I'll tell them to wait.

Jim

Old 05-09-2015, 09:54 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
That's pretty cool Andy, I bet that plane was like a tank compared to some new and Improved planes, is that a shot of the salt flats in Newark

Old 05-10-2015, 12:10 AM
FI460
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Wow! Getting to ride in a Ford Tri-Motor would have been awesome!

So it is the final exam eh? I knew we should have made it a simple test. Actually it would not matter if members arrived at a GTG in a Prius as this is a Ford Truck Enthusiast site, however, enthusiasts of one make of vehicle usually have at least one vehicle of that make. Unless of course they are in high school, and papa or grandpa hasn't given them the old farm truck yet. At least we are not alone in the apathy department. Conversing with other chapter leaders recently about this and pretty much all the chapters are going through a "slow" period. So I guess I'll just have to live with it. I will make one change though, instead of approving everyone who wants to be a chapter member, I will check to see how many posts they have on FTE first, and if it is under 25, I'll tell them to wait.

Jim
There are quite a few members who aren't aware that the regional chapters are even down here. I have a friend who was a very active member up in the PSD section for years that had no idea this section was here when I mentioned it to him.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:00 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Very nice Andy. Which website did you go thru? I would like to do something like that someday.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:01 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Originally Posted by FI460
There are quite a few members who aren't aware that the regional chapters are even down here. I have a friend who was a very active member up in the PSD section for years that had no idea this section was here when I mentioned it to him.
Well ya know Rick there is the "secret" handshake they also have to master

Old 05-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
We were part of an old car club event so we didn't go through the website. You have to go down to one of the event days and pay and sign wavers. Looks like they're going to work their way across Nor Cal over the next month or so.

Ford Tri-Motor Tour Stops | EAA

And since it's a Ford Truck site... a nice old Roadster Pickup. LOVE them.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,157 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Great pics man, I love the old charm, well done

Howdy Hank Jim n all

Old 05-10-2015, 10:27 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by FI460
The people who do not know about the regional chapters are not the ones I am talking about. I am talking about the 124 people who "requested" to join this chapter at one point in time and have not posted in the chapter. They post in other forums obviously as their last post date is one of the things I look at when determining who gets removed and who stays. So my question to them is why would you request to join a regional chapter (any chapter, not just ours) if you have no intention of ever posting in it? I thought the main reason for joining a regional chapter was for the camaraderie of fellow Ford truck enthusiasts.

I know we don't have many get togethers, but that is my fault as I really don't want to organize one that I cannot attend myself. Once I get my back pay from SSDI I will buy a Ford vehicle and start organizing some. However, we can still BS in our forums until then.

Jim

Old 05-10-2015, 12:07 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Great pics man, I love the old charm, well done

Howdy Hank Jim n all
Hello Gerry have a great day. Wow Andy I think I drooled on my shirt nice pics . I agree Jim that many people and that long ago need to clean house sometime , Being active in one's forum as a BS'er or event Organizer to Par take in Events means( Member) So I have the BS'er down Let's show these Other Chapters that we are not a dead Horse. Have a good Mothers day. Mothers and *******

Old 05-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,157 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Hey Brad, I dont see any dead horses in here...... nothing but sunshine

Old 05-10-2015, 12:57 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
well we try Gerry, Oh Brad is my Cousin he use to Play Pro ball for the Saint Louis Cardinal's back around 74/80,then my other cuz played for Ny Giants. then went to SF Niners went to collage and was a big help in getting Steve Young his Attorney cert to pass the Bar , Me not as Big as those Corn fed Boys , But they all Call me Scott

Quick Reply: May 2015 All topic thread