1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Finally getting started on my F1

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 02:19 PM
c91x
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have nothing really to add. My house went on the market the other day and when the realtor sent over the pictures I got a little sad lol. I've been so busy finishing my basement I haven't had time to touch the truck. I should have been in the body work stage by now. Here's the old truck feeling neglected

Old 12-22-2015, 02:30 PM
c91x
Senior User
And for anyone who cares here's the basement. I did everything but the plumbing but boy did it take a lot longer than I was expecting.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:53 PM
kego51
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice work on both the truck and the house! You're a man of many talents...

Old 12-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Ok the house looks done... It's time to jump back on the truck!

Old 01-01-2016, 09:49 AM
tip49
Cargo Master
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts
Now that's a shop!

Droooooolll.........For the first year of my build, I had access to a friend's shop with that kind of room. Had the luxury of being able to segregate all the parts and have frame and body in different areas.

Had to finish on my driveway, and two car garage. Must have loaded cab on frame alone about 5-6 times before it sat on the frame for good.

Looks like you are a handy guy, know the feeling on time frame for renovation. With everything going on in life, took me 8 years to complete/drive my project.

Keep at it, still tweaking things on mine.

Tom

Old 01-15-2021, 09:11 AM
c91x
Senior User
Its been a long time but i felt like updating this thread since i'll be working on the truck again soon.

Obviously I moved and was in a rental and looking for a house to buy. After about 6 months i got the bright idea to be my own general contractor and build my own house. I bought 4 acres and I won't bore everyone with the process but we moved about 3 years ago. I then got started on the shop build but being a one man operation, and being burned out from the house build, turned it into a 3 year process and i'm just now almost done. I just need throw some metal up on the loft area and a few little things and I can be back to work on fun projects.

Shop is 36x40 with a 10x36 loft at the back. 20x10 door, flush mount scissor lift.

Here was my initial plan

The rest of these pics are not glamour pics. These were taken during construction and whenever i'd finish something i tried to remember to take a picture.

This was after i finished the welding table and bench in the back. This will be my metal fab side of the shop where the lathe and mill live.

Then i decided to add a shelf for scrap metal

The other side of the shop is general tool storage.

Here is when i was building my general maintenance and layout table with a stainless top

Hardware storage

forgive the mess

Restroom

hidden hose reel in the compressor closet

Tv area for the kids

First time plumbing up the Lifts, I threw the RZR on it.

Then needed to change a tire so put the bike on it

Regretfully the first vehicle to ever go on the lift was my Moms prius that needed new shocks

Its been amazing to finally get all my tools out of totes and start putting them in a proper home. I don't have any recent pics but finally everything is off the floor and its all organized. I'll update this thread with a couple glamour shots of the garage when i do complete it and roll the truck in.

Old 01-15-2021, 09:33 AM
EBEAR
Cargo Master
Received 542 Likes on 309 Posts
Looking really good and nice to hear you may get time to continue with your project , as we all know life tends to get in the way of our fun . lol For those of us that notice such things ( probably everyone on here ) the fact that your shop plans include a proper truck means that she's never been out of mind . PS I have never seen below ground scissor lifts . How are they price wise compared to other option's ? I would like to have a hoist but simply don't have enough room to work around one and this looks interesting . Welcome back .

Old 01-15-2021, 10:13 AM
c91x
Senior User
Originally Posted by EBEAR
Looking really good and nice to hear you may get time to continue with your project , as we all know life tends to get in the way of our fun . lol For those of us that notice such things ( probably everyone on here ) the fact that your shop plans include a proper truck means that she's never been out of mind . PS I have never seen below ground scissor lifts . How are they price wise compared to other option's ? I would like to have a hoist but simply don't have enough room to work around one and this looks interesting . Welcome back .
I tend to get obsessive with projects and finish them quickly so the fact that the truck has not been touched in such a long time has really bugged me. The only attention it has received in the last 4-5 years was dieting the engine harness.

As for the lift: I also didn't want a 2 post taking up room in the middle of the shop when it wasn't in use so thats what really got me wanting one of these.
Biggest con for me with this lift is not being able to use it to lift a body off a frame or cab off a frame. Biggest pros for me are that It takes up zero space and I have unobstructed access to the side of the vehicle when doing body work.

I imported mine directly from the manufacturer on alibaba for around 2200 all said and done but here are some companies that sell them

Hydralic Car Lifts Hydralic Car Lifts

https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/F...xoCFf0QAvD_BwE