Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada May BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 12:05 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
I'll keep my eyes out, next time I go to u-pull-it.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
it has to be the small lug style or it won't clamp onto the lugs.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:14 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
If you get a chance, take a picture of the front and back, and I can take that with me.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:13 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
You want me to text you the pics or just post them somewhere for you?

Old 05-26-2015, 01:39 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I'll let you know before I go, and I'll have you text them to me. Might be going in a week or so, depends on work.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:56 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
I just had Jeff run the part # and the dealer suggested list price is $115.90 EACH!

Old 05-26-2015, 01:59 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Afternoon gang.
Slow easy day today. No rain yet but that will most likely change later, its clouding up. Im in Hawthorne. Need to get back to Tonopah were it is drier.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Tuesday evening.

Had a pretty nice weekend. Didn't go anywhere but hung around my neighborhood. All my neighbors are pretty good friends, so we had an impromptu party on the lawn with about 25 people and ten dogs. It was fun till I realized that the wine that I had been drinking was not agreeing with my stomach. So I went home early and thought about it. My stomach usually is quite happy with wine, and then I remembered that large slice of cherry cheesecake that the hostess gave me. That must have been the thing.

One of the dogs, a Doberman, chewed up another dog's ball and ended up swallowing the whole thing. The owner (a Coast Guard pilot,) asked for hydrogen peroxide. He held the dog's mouth open and dumped it down the dog's throat. And as he predicted, about five minutes later, up came the ball! Never saw that trick before.

Hope every one enjoyed the weekend!

Old 05-27-2015, 07:19 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Good morning Nevada, happy Hump Day! Bruce, that was quite the party you guys had!!LOL

Old 05-27-2015, 07:28 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Good morning everyone,
Yeah, it's Wednesday!
The week is almost over.
I get to talk to Kaedon Principal & hopefully the School board or someone high up. Kaedons teacher told her (with attitude)
"You might as well not show up tomorrow knowing that you're not being promoted."
Really? I wonder what the School board will say about what she said. Besides, I believe it's against the law. Aren't teachers supposed to be supportive of a childs attendance & not belittle a student for failing? Kaedon has come home crying numerous times throughout the school year because of things her teacher has said to her, not to mention when Kaedon would go up & ask for help or ask her to explain it differently, the teacher would tell her to go sit down & get her work done. So, Kaedon would turn in incomplete work & get Ds or Fs because she didnt understand.
Oh well, im sure when I talk to the Principal, Kaedon is going to get all the blame for not paying attention in class & so on!
Enjoy your day.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:33 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Good morning Donna. No, that is not the way a teacher should behave. I hope you can get this straightened out, the idea is for the teacher to ensure the kids understand the material she is putting out. If she can't do that, then SHE is the failure. Kaedon shouldn't have to put up with such rudeness. I think that teacher needs to find a new profession. I'd be pissed if someone said that to my daughter!!!

Old 05-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Donna, I agree with Pat, that teacher needs to find a new profession. That is not how you teach someone. If they don't understand a problem, or question you explain it in a different way until they do understand. That is teaching. I would complain all the way to the top if necessary. There is no reason that teacher should get away with treatment like that.

Jim

Old 05-27-2015, 10:10 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Bdox
Tuesday evening.

Had a pretty nice weekend. Didn't go anywhere but hung around my neighborhood. All my neighbors are pretty good friends, so we had an impromptu party on the lawn with about 25 people and ten dogs. It was fun till I realized that the wine that I had been drinking was not agreeing with my stomach. So I went home early and thought about it. My stomach usually is quite happy with wine, and then I remembered that large slice of cherry cheesecake that the hostess gave me. That must have been the thing.

One of the dogs, a Doberman, chewed up another dog's ball and ended up swallowing the whole thing. The owner (a Coast Guard pilot,) asked for hydrogen peroxide. He held the dog's mouth open and dumped it down the dog's throat. And as he predicted, about five minutes later, up came the ball! Never saw that trick before.

Hope every one enjoyed the weekend!
Good Evening Everyone. Quiet day here. I think the starter went out on my Crown Vic. It will go to the shop tomorrow to be looked at.
This weekend I have the water & sewer going to house & RV locations on our property. So that will be a busy few days.

Bruce had to be the cheesecake. It would be crazy to think it was the wine. Wine settles the stomach. So my guess was not enough wine. I have seen that trick with the HP but not with a ball.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:50 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
That's right Craig.

I am fuming a bit right now after Donna's post. Sounds like that mf teacher is going through menopause and her patience has left her. This is a really pissy attitude and
no student should have to put up with not having her questions answered and just get
put off like that.

Donna I am sorry that this went on so long. You need to talk to the principal about
that teacher's behavior, especially not giving help when it is asked for. That's her job.
Good luck with the outcome.

You have to take charge when you go there to talk. I had a problem when my son was
in Jr. hi. They were going to transfer him to another school because he was busted for fighting. It was always the "counsellor" with the bad news. So after they explained the situation and that they had decided to transfer him out, I just stood up and loudly said NO! and let that hang in the air for a while. When the principal and the counsellor both started to jabber again, I repeated NO again and I said "what's going to happen here is that when these squabbles break out, the Counsellor is going to get his butt in gear and find out all the details the lead up to the fighting." It had not happened, the group surrounding the fight were all friends of the guy my son had popped in the eye. They all swore that my son threw the first punch. All that led to a lot of discussion about how overworked he was etc. so I mentioned that my son shouldn't have to pay the price for him (the counsellor,) not doing his job. It worked.

Another aspect to this was we had make a lot of effort to make our schedules work out. If my son had gone to a different school, I would have to have taken off work every day to go pick him up. So I was in the mood to fight over the situation, but the outcome was good. I just told my son that he should do his fighting off campus.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:42 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Good morning Nevada, welcome to another edition of Thursday!

Quick Reply: Nevada May BS Thread