Parkers' Prairie Panel Progress

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 05:10 AM
fordf5
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GB, excitement is in the air!!!
Nothing like hearing a flatty fire up for the first time,,, except the maiden voyage. Did you use the lawn chair driver perch?
I still remember using it for my unexpected maiden voyage onto the floor and out the door.
Is the coon tail from one of those chicken eaters? and does it work in deterring other chicken eaters if flown high?
Thank you for your updates as I currently don't have a fun project goin on and this helps to fill that void.
Keep up the good work!!!!!!
Roger

Old 05-28-2015, 06:36 AM
Joe777
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Still waiting for the Hollywood version of "Frankinfatty fires for first time". Good pics though!

Old 05-28-2015, 08:10 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Wow. Just wow. Can't wait for Hollyweird Premier...

Really digging this build. Wish I could take junk in my shop & actually build something useful that runs. Especially like the teflon buttons, both use & fab. A+ work.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:18 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Coon tail was from one I shot outa the tree above the henhouse on Tuesday. He was up there gnawing on a chicken leg looking down with those beady little eyes. Guess he'd never seen a winchester 22 in action. He got that one in broad daylight. I honestly don't enjoy killing things (well maybe that mean attack rooster we had). I guess it's time to make a more secure outdoor pen and get a few more hens. It was a really great first drive and I had the real seat in it. As rough as this truck was (is), it is very complete and original, including both front seats, rear bumper, tail light, and both license plate brackets. It clearly was never owned by hippies, surfers or any type of hobbyist. Straight from an ancient wrecking yard and all the junk in the back was work related. Well, thinking of mowing my lawn, which has been on the back burner for about 3 weeks. The film guy is due here at 10 am. I wonder if his wife, the director will accompany him to make sure we get it right. The couple met many years ago when they were doing 'The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous'. This may be a new low for them, but they've been here a few years back for one of our pig roasts so they pretty much know what to expect. Oh dear, which coveralls should I wear?

Old 05-28-2015, 08:52 AM
newold46
Fleet Mechanic
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Let's hope this doesn't get all explody like the Transformer movies! Or pretty much any short attention span movie these days...

Old 05-28-2015, 08:58 AM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 262 Likes on 216 Posts
Short attention span? What were we talking about? Oh, yeah, great job Gary. Before long you'll have your own reality series. Stu

Old 05-28-2015, 06:21 PM
38 coupe
Cargo Master
Received 109 Likes on 57 Posts
I love the way those wheels and tires look on your panel. The 3/4 and 1 tons have a look that can't be beat in an old truck. Looking forward to that video.

Please, no reality show.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:50 AM
fordf5
Senior User
I can see it now,,,,,
G.B. Goes Hollywood

Old 05-29-2015, 08:18 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Great reading here guys, well done Gary, good luck on the movie

Old 05-29-2015, 09:39 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
The film man stayed for 2 hours and said he needs to come back this afternoon with the different afternoon light. He is pretty much retired now and loves the filming process, so he said this is really fun for him. He said that HD 'filming' is 100 of some such units and his small camera films at 400 of these. He said that's what today's hollywood movies are shot at. So if nothing else, we will be able to see the details. The truck started and ran well except without a trans cover on the floor boards there is no foot rest stem to keep the accelerator from surging up and down as I go up a hill. He wanted to film from inside during a drive, but no passenger seat so we took a spin in the '47 2 ton, which is a similar experience. I hope he doesn't get too carried away with this. And 38, I love the wheels/tires/ hubcap combo as well.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:27 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You guys are having way to much fun down there Gary.
Wish I was there. I will be in Seattle in a month or two.
But no time to do or see anything.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:37 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 607 Likes on 545 Posts
Sounds like you are keeping the tourist entertained. I really enjoyed your pics. The action shot of pulling up into the yard was great. I always wonder what you will come up with next and you keep on coming up with great stuff.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:54 AM
fordf5
Senior User
Whenever I think of your upcoming video,,,
The theme from The Munsters runs through my head

Old 05-30-2015, 10:00 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Well he called at 4:30 and said he was running late and then at 5 or so he called and said his wife had made dinner plans. It was Friday night btw. So now he has rescheduled for Sun night at 5. Heck, when we do a video it takes 3 minutes and then my kid downloads it. My wife said we could do our own and she would use her phone, so maybe today we will pre-funk with our own version. Yesterday afternoon I stripped the blue front clip from Tinman and started turning it green/tan/primer color. It's always a work in progress and I will finish the painting once the front clip is installed. One day I may choose to paint the whole truck, but not this go 'round. About lunch time dug up an oil bath air cleaner, fabbed up a gas pedal foor rest and drove the panel down the road about a mile to a friend's shop. It drove remarkably well. Shifted real nice, steered like power steering and not a single swerve or steering correction. I have it set at 1/4" of toe in, which could wear the tires a bit, but works really well. Speedometer works and I was doing 40 past the Doe Bay fire house where the road straightens out. Coon tail right out straight, windows rolled down,80 degrees out and a big ol' s#!* eating grin on the driver's face.

Attached Images   
Old 05-30-2015, 06:04 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well get that front clip on Gary.
That is so cool and I can't say often
enough how I love the old skool way
you build your rides. I also use what
I have around to keep mine on the road.
I use what ever works. Both off shore and
domestic. Ya even Google spell check could
not spell the word I wanted to precede
domestic. Foreighn? forienghn ? IDK.
Don't need to spell to build cool trucks. Right?

Edit: If I can get enough duct tape on my old
camera I should get a pic of my fleet. It aint all
Ford but it works.

Quick Reply: Parkers' Prairie Panel Progress