General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

2nd amendment rights being trampled

Old 07-27-2003, 05:40 AM
13hondacr250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2nd amendment rights being trampled

I just got my NRA American Hunter magazine and read that CNN did a spot on the assault rifle ban. Talked about how the pre-ban guns were more powerful and post-ban guns were less acurate and had less punch. They showed a pre-ban AK-47 gun destroying targets and the post-ban gun not doing any damage. The person firing the gun was shooting into the ground while the camera showed unhit targets.

What a bunch of BS! What a lie. ARG. I can't express how angry this makes me!!!!!

I think anyone who tries to take all the guns away are traitors to what this great country was founded on!

You want my guns, well come and get them!

I'm sure some of you guys and gals are NRA members and have probably read this also. What do yall think of these liars and anti gun people. Tell me I'm not the only person fuming mad about this.

Old 07-27-2003, 06:04 AM
Vanhecht
Elder User

i hear ya bro, we do need some controls but we alos need to enforce what we got before we make new rules. i can see where they are coming from but like i said we gotta work on what we got first. i too am an nra member and i get pissed alot about what i see and about peoples apathy abnout such an important right...my 2 cents
eric

Old 07-27-2003, 08:54 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Why do you watch CNN? Fox News for the truth.

Old 07-27-2003, 09:11 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you watch television????

If Hitler had a tool like that, his propaganda ministry would have had us all speaking German by now.

And people wonder what is wrong with the world...

Old 07-27-2003, 09:35 AM
MuchToMyDelight
Posting Guru

Really, I stopped watching CNN after they invited a guy from the ACLU and didn't turn on his mic and bashed him and his orginization for about 5 min. Sure, they have defended people I didn't agree with, but they were criticizing them for defending gays and such. Their biggest thing was that they defended a muslim that didn't like the Christmas at the City Hall. I wouldn't have minded, but I suppose even Jews and Jahovahs Witnesses would.Here is the ACLU's view on gun control.
As far as my view on the gun control issue, they need to enforce what they have now. Thursday there was a 15 year old boy killed by a sawed off shotgun that was stolen in 1999.

Old 07-27-2003, 09:48 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Greywolf
Why do you watch television????

If Hitler had a tool like that, his propaganda ministry would have had us all speaking German by now.

And people wonder what is wrong with the world...
Well, you gotta get information from somewhere, don't you? I use a combination of Fox News, radio, and the Internet. Don't use newspapers, the local rag is too biased.

Old 07-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, you gotta get information from somewhere, don't you?
Yeah, I hear ya. I usually pick up on topics on a front page somewhere and scan around in the news agencies of different countries online.

Old 07-27-2003, 09:57 AM
theologian
Postmaster

This particular story has been going for a while - a retraction was published at one time, not that anyone read it. The media is insisting on disarming all of us, that is what they do best. I am with the Wolf on this one, listen to the news and prepare to be lied to. I have shortwave equipment that I use constantly to hear the news - It is truly amazing what is said about the same thing in different countries; what is reported in Brazil as a good thing, may be seen totally differently by a reporter in Canada, or France. I also have access to a News Agency, in Switzerland that gives yet another slant on the same story. I guess the only way to know the truth is to be there.

Theo

Old 07-27-2003, 11:59 AM
RRMike
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two words: Manufacturing Consent. I think Ken's right about Fox News. It's amazing how much different things sound coming from them versus msnbc or cnn. Long live Bill O'Rielly!!

Old 07-27-2003, 12:15 PM
AegisSailor
Elder User

I am all for the Second Amendment and I am a gun lover too. However, I do not think that Joe Hunter or Jim Home Protector needs an automatic assault rifle! Military weapons need to stay with the Military and Law Enforcement. They might be fun to shoot but there is no pratical reason for private citizens to own them.

It's a shame that in this country we send our average Law Enforcement officer into the streets armed with a 9mm and maybe a 12 gauge, knowing that in any given situation he is likely to be out-gunned.

Old 07-27-2003, 03:40 PM
13hondacr250
Posting Guru

I never watch cnn (comunist news network). When some biased news agency is caught red handed lying to the public and forced to recant their story they make a small topic of it obscured somewhere. Doesn't really do any good. They've already duped those that don't know any better.

What gets me is how naive some people are. My aunt and one of my GF good friends thinks that if we outlaw guns the problem will go away. When you talk to them they truly believe themselves. And they quote news reports they've heard.

The gun grabbers will use anything to take our guns. They'd have everyone believe that any gun is an assault rifle. Yes they may be impracticle for a lot of things but then again what do you need a fast car for? You want or have one cause you like it, its cool, and just cause you can.

Were putting laws on guns, what needs to be done is to enforce laws on the crooks. Crooks like gun control, makes their jobs safer.

I'd take a bet that sometime they may start taking aim at the ammunition. Start taking away reloading supplies cause "we could make tank penetrating bullets that go 10,000 fpm and are dead on at 5 miles."

"The experts agree, gun control works" "Hitler, Stalin, Quadaffi, & Castro"

Old 07-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Targus
FIX YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!

I think anti gun people are simply misinformed.
Some of them are pretty hard headed too.

Old 07-27-2003, 06:36 PM
gudoldboy
Junior User

Originally posted by AegisSailor
I am all for the Second Amendment and I am a gun lover too. However, I do not think that Joe Hunter or Jim Home Protector needs an automatic assault rifle! Military weapons need to stay with the Military and Law Enforcement. They might be fun to shoot but there is no pratical reason for private citizens to own them.
It's a shame that in this country we send our average Law Enforcement officer into the streets armed with a 9mm and maybe a 12 gauge, knowing that in any given situation he is likely to be out-gunned.
Well actually many if not most private citizens cannot own or posses a "automatic asualt rifle". That is considered a class 3 weapon and you have to be very special to get a permit to own those. There really isnt a difference between my hunting rifle and an assault rifle other than the fact that my hunting rifle holds 5 rounds while the asault rifle holds 10, and y rifle is a large more accurate caliber.

Yes that is an absolute shame that most departments are trying to fix nowadays.
Aaron

Old 07-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Jarlaxle
Elder User

Originally posted by AegisSailor

But what is an "assault rifle"? Is it any rifle ever used by the military? That would include, well, probably a good percentage of rifles, PERIOD, since I'd guess most were used in some countries' armed forces at one time or another. Is it any semi-auto rifle? Well, there's plenty, since they've been around for 99 years (first was the Model 04, I think a Winchester). Or is it just any rifle that "looks mean", like most sheeple seem to think?

I support gun control. I shoot with both hands.

Old 07-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Jim242002
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by webmaster
Why do you watch CNN? Fox News for the truth.

Ken that is so true...I also watch Fox News, I like Sherpard Smith and Bill and Cavuito (I think thats somewhere near close to the spelling)

Anyway it seems like CNN is sometimes against the President...I don't know maybe it is just me, but they seem to put him down alot...Fox News is "Fair & Balanced" like they say..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2nd amendment rights being trampled